There are 75 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I don't see a single power house team in the NFL right now.

We could almost beat any team in the league on any given Sunday right now. For the first time in years it's more about what we do rather than what the other team does.

Chiefs?? Ravens?? Pats?? Cowboys? hello??

ravens are a powerhouse all of a sudden beating miami and barely beating arizona at home? Dont fall for that d**k sucking hype on dallas that espn, nfl net and fox force feeds you, theyre already crowned by beating the 3 cupcakes they played to start the year

cool then we should be held to the same standard lol

I said we were a powerhouse? I said we going to the super bowl because we 2-0?

I said that you said we were a powerhouse? nope. I just said we should be held to the same standard. however my context referred to when it came to cupcake teams they've beaten. you could say the same about us. it's still early, and as CatchMaster said no real defined powerhouse teams as of yet. The Ravens vs. Chiefs is going to clear some of that up I think
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Sep 20, 2019 at 1:48 PM ]
THIS is the game where I feel like we see the best Jimmy G of the season by far. I see him making some big boy throws and be in full control from the opening snap. I don't see any turnovers and just a clinic from the 1st quarter on.

26-34 329 yards 3 TDs 0 INTs
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
"I'm just not down with the Niners yet. Jimmy G just hasn't shown me anything." (--Almost everybody in Bay Area and national sports media)

Screw the national media. Jimmy is the man.

Plus, it's like "we'll, great," he's going to continue playing and getting more experience and the longer it takes outside people to appreciate it, the longer we can fly under the radar. The goal isn't to win the September/October championship.
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
THIS is the game where I feel like we see the best Jimmy G of the season by far. I see him making some big boy throws and be in full control from the opening snap. I don't see any turnovers and just a clinic from the 1st quarter on.

That would be great, but I think we're doing to have more trouble with Pitt's pass rush m, it's better than either TB or CIN. But I do think we'll win because our D-line will harass Rudolph and he'll panic.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

That would be great, but I think we're doing to have more trouble with Pitt's pass rush m, it's better than either TB or CIN. But I do think we'll win because our D-line will harass Rudolph and he'll panic.

Hmmm, well, I'm not real sold in PITT as a pash rushing team. Don't get me wrong, Watt had 13 last year and then Heyward had 8 but I don't see that as too much different than TB and CIN. They have more edge presence than either of those 2 teams but Watt rushes almost exclusively from the right side, so he'll be against McG all game.
Originally posted by jonnydel:

Hmmm, well, I'm not real sold in PITT as a pash rushing team. Don't get me wrong, Watt had 13 last year and then Heyward had 8 but I don't see that as too much different than TB and CIN. They have more edge presence than either of those 2 teams but Watt rushes almost exclusively from the right side, so he'll be against McG all game.

I'm sure you know more than I do, and I've seen a stat suggesting the Niners O-line has surrendered the least number of pressures so far, but Skule concerns me. And maybe we're both right and Garoppolo gets sacked like 2 times (not bad but worse than last week).
"I'm just not down with the Niners yet. Jimmy G just hasn't shown me anything." (--Almost everybody in Bay Area and national sports media)

Plus, it's like "we'll, great," he's going to continue playing and getting more experience and the longer it takes outside people to appreciate it, the longer we can fly under the radar. The goal isn't to win the September/October championship.

to both of you
[ Edited by WestCoastForever on Sep 20, 2019 at 3:57 PM ]
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I can't wait until Jimmy Guap hide it in your sock, goes out there and produces victory after victory after victory after victory after
victory after victory after victory after victory after victory after victory after
victory after victory after victory after victory after victory after victory after
victory after victory after absolute victory.

like I told you naysaying haters in post #30912

Kudos to jimmy for selling the play action really well and not half a$$ing it.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

to both of you

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

He sure did a good job on that!
Originally posted by johnnystrzykalski:
he's fine..
meanwhile the defense and run game showed havoc shall be wreaked in the future.
i'm saying this as a Rams fan lol.
SF is going to have a very good year

ram29jackson is that you?
Just heard we're the only team that hasn't gone 3 and out on a possession yet. That's wild if true.
May as well post this since ten games is a pretty decent sample size IMHO. In 10 starts with the 49ers:

2723 yards (equivalent to 4356 yards over the course of a full season)
206 completions in 317 attempts (65% completion percentage; 8.59 Y/A)
15 TDs to 10 INTs (24 TDs to 16 INTs over the course of a full season)

Passer rating: 94.65

Pretty meh TD/INT ratio but not bad otherwise. Also worth noting that he doesn't really have an "outlier" start yet (I guess at Vikings, since his TD/INT ratio would be 14-7 without it? But not really an outlier). To me, an "outlier" game is like Mitchell Trubisky throwing six TD's against the '18 Bucs.

And as a bonus, his last four starts (dating back to vs. Lions last season):

919 yards (equivalent to 3676 yards over the course of a full season)
73 completions in 108 attempts (67.6% completion percentage; 8.51 Y/A)
8 TDs to 2 INTs (32 TDs to 8 INTs over the course of a full season)

Passer rating: 110.8

Interesting how decreasing the sample size has a negative effect on yardage, but a major positive effect on every other stat.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Sep 21, 2019 at 5:57 PM ]
Share 49erswebzone