LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 181 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Pretty Jimmy is tough as nails, dude took a beating and kept fighting. Earned more respect from me yesterday.
Wasn't there a guy trashing Jimmy just the other day saying he's not a guy who can leads us back when we're down on the scoreboard?
a weak minded soft qb wouldve mailed it in and want out after taking the shots jimmy did yesterday yet he stood in the pocket consistently and delivered. THATS MAAAAHHHHH QB!!!! He's only going to get better
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Wasn't there a guy trashing Jimmy just the other day saying he's not a guy who can leads us back when we're down on the scoreboard?

Yes, no dog in him, career backup, and injury prone. Lol.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by iLLEST209ER:
I gotta give Jimmy props for that performance yesterday. Sure it wasn't pretty, but, he was under duress most of the time and didn't let the turnovers phase him one bit.

Dude was taking his licks the entire game and still had the balls to throw between two defenders to Pettis for the winning TD. Ice water in his veins.

It was absolutely one of the more impressive games I've seen from a QB psychologically given ALL that could go wrong, did...yet, he took a physical pounding and psychologically, shook every single negative play off and came right back unphased. Very, very impressive.

And he is not thinking about his Knee. He wouldn't have been running around the way he was if he was worried about hurting it again. Getting the knocks and it still working is building his confidence in it. Great leadership teaching the lads you have to just play the hand you are dealt and get on with it.
Man JG May have the quickest release in the NFL, some of the passes he was throwing yesterday were straight "silk" almost Montana-esqu.

I swear I thought he got his jaw broken on if of those hits but he stood in there and delivered. What a game for him
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
a weak minded soft qb wouldve mailed it in and want out after taking the shots jimmy did yesterday yet he stood in the pocket consistently and delivered. THATS MAAAAHHHHH QB!!!! He's only going to get better

Originally posted by StubbornRussian:
I loved the third and 1 qb sneaks. Brady has been historically effective with that play. JG bringing that over with him is huge.

he didn't bring that over with him. it's pretty common in general. lol.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
"Jay Cutler 2.0" "doesn't have the dog in him"

LOLLLLL
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Jimmy probably yelling: "I have no personality!"

oh my god

that meme will live on forever.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
I gotta give Jimmy props for that performance yesterday. Sure it wasn't pretty, but, he was under duress most of the time and didn't let the turnovers phase him one bit.

Dude was taking his licks the entire game and still had the balls to throw between two defenders to Pettis for the winning TD. Ice water in his veins.

It was absolutely one of the more impressive games I've seen from a QB psychologically given ALL that could go wrong, did...yet, he took a physical pounding and psychologically, shook every single negative play off and came right back unphased. Very, very impressive.

agree,, i do not know the answer.. but there is no way we can let him take that punishment like that for the rest of the year especially with better teams coming up.. i do not believe . meh.. its football. the hits on jimmy as long as they are not sacks .. are no big deal
Originally posted by Goatie:

And he is not thinking about his Knee. He wouldn't have been running around the way he was if he was worried about hurting it again. Getting the knocks and it still working is building his confidence in it. Great leadership teaching the lads you have to just play the hand you are dealt and get on with it.

Great point. That knee could have buckled when he was getting pulled down there too but it showed strength. Huge for him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:

he is like cutler. however we are lucky jimmy did not get super hurt. better defenses are coming up and he can not take that type of punishment again
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:

he is like cutler. however we are lucky jimmy did not get super hurt. better defenses are coming up and he can not take that type of punishment again

Jimmy still hasn't had a chance to get into a flow yet. Jimmy will look unstoppable when he does get a chance to get into a flow. Jimmy's completion % has been solid which will eventually lead to very big games. Jimmy is on the cusp of breaking out.

Originally posted by cciowa:
agree,, i do not know the answer.. but there is no way we can let him take that punishment like that for the rest of the year especially with better teams coming up.. i do not believe . meh.. its football. the hits on jimmy as long as they are not sacks .. are no big deal

It happens to QBs every week. Jimmy was hit 3x total the past two games. OL will play better.
Share 49ersWebzone