There are 242 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Kap and Gab played on a pathetically bad team with pathetic coaching. What's sad is Kaps average game in 2016 was better than Jimmys on Sunday, and that's just passing (he added more with his legs too).

Jimmy has more talent to work with, better coaching, and he hasn't looked like the next level QB I thought he was since 2017

So much nothingness here

It's only 1 game and you are comparing Jimmy to Kap and Gabbert. Don't you think you are overreacting a little?

I didn't bring them up. Its dumb to compare Jimmy to dudes that played on an expansion team. We are much better now.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Some of you have extremely short memories. It's been a long time since we've had a QB this good. Our QB situation is better than it's been, and with BDN as our backup on the cheap, we've got one of the better QB situations in the league.

Go back to b***hing about safeties, CBs, and Oline.

While youre at it, go watch reruns of kap going 1 for 5 while taking five sacks against the bears and Alex throwing for 5 yards every third down when we needed 6. Gabbert has some good film for you to watch, as did hoyer.

And that's just the last 8 years or so

Edit: jimmys the ninth (soon to be 10th) highest paid QB.... hardly bank-breaking

Kap and Gab played on a pathetically bad team with pathetic coaching. What's sad is Kaps average game in 2016 was better than Jimmys on Sunday, and that's just passing (he added more with his legs too).

Jimmy has more talent to work with, better coaching, and he hasn't looked like the next level QB I thought he was since 2017

We should bring kap back.... ha ya right that dude sucked

With the way Jimmy has played since 2017, I'm not so sure he would fare better throwing to Kerley Harper and Bell. I'd put money down on him throwing more picks in that situation.
Here's a question I have: What's up with offense looking completely different under Jimmy this year? I noticed it vs Denver and Kansas City in the preseason, and it carried over into the first regular-season game. Where did all of the outside zone and boot action off of it go? What's up with all the shotgun and empty formations? Do you guys think Jimmy approached Kyle about being uncomfortable in his offense and wanting to get back to doing more of what he did in college/New England?

One thing we can rule out is that it's not some kind of offensive philosophy change by Kyle because when Nick Mullens and CJ Beathard were in the offense went back to being the quintessential Shanny OZ/PA offense.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 13, 2019 at 6:28 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Worst segment in the history of sports segments. Good grief
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Some of you have extremely short memories. It's been a long time since we've had a QB this good. Our QB situation is better than it's been, and with BDN as our backup on the cheap, we've got one of the better QB situations in the league.

Go back to b***hing about safeties, CBs, and Oline.

While youre at it, go watch reruns of kap going 1 for 5 while taking five sacks against the bears and Alex throwing for 5 yards every third down when we needed 6. Gabbert has some good film for you to watch, as did hoyer.

And that's just the last 8 years or so

Edit: jimmys the ninth (soon to be 10th) highest paid QB.... hardly bank-breaking

If Kaep signs with the Jags will you leave?
Originally posted by swoosh6996:

So much nothingness here

It's only 1 game and you are comparing Jimmy to Kap and Gabbert. Don't you think you are overreacting a little?

I didn't bring them up. Its dumb to compare Jimmy to dudes that played on an expansion team. We are much better now.

Jimmy went 5-0 with an "expansion team" LMAO
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

No
Originally posted by Furlow:

No

No

Yes

Originally posted by Waterbear:

Jason Whitlock is like the worst sports analyst possibly ever. Dude is a walking freezing cold take

When he starts the segment calling him Jimmy GString you know they're idiots. What other 9-2 QBs (7-2 with their current team) do you think they'd have the guts to give a derogatory name to? Yeah, I didn't think so.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:

No

Yes

No

Yes

Chip Kelly, offense full of starters that can barely make other teams (some aren't on a team lol), and a defense ranked dead last is expansion level.

That's not what Jimmy was working with.
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Sep 13, 2019 at 6:55 PM ]
Originally posted by RJ_MacReady:

Jason Whitlock is like the worst sports analyst possibly ever. Dude is a walking freezing cold take

He always looks like he didn't wipe properly and he's in a grumpy mood because of it.
Share 49ersWebzone