There are 234 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Jimmy's not getting benched. This will be his last year here though if he continues his week 1 play.

That's fine, but that's something to worry about/talk about around week 12, not week 1. Do you expect Jared Goff to finish the season with 2,800 yards passing? Rodgers with just over 3,200? You can't take any week 1 stats and extrapolate a full season. According to that, Bosa should get 32 sacks this year.

I expect Goff to have a down year compared to last. Rodgers offense sucks and he played a tough D.

I'm mostly addressing the people saying this play is ok as long as we're good enough to carry him. It's not when you're being paid like he is.

Some of you have extremely short memories. It's been a long time since we've had a QB this good. Our QB situation is better than it's been, and with BDN as our backup on the cheap, we've got one of the better QB situations in the league.

Go back to b***hing about safeties, CBs, and Oline.

While youre at it, go watch reruns of kap going 1 for 5 while taking five sacks against the bears and Alex throwing for 5 yards every third down when we needed 6. Gabbert has some good film for you to watch, as did hoyer.

And that's just the last 8 years or so

Edit: jimmys the ninth (soon to be 10th) highest paid QB.... hardly bank-breaking
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Sep 13, 2019 at 2:25 PM ]
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Jimmy's not getting benched. This will be his last year here though if he continues his week 1 play.

That's fine, but that's something to worry about/talk about around week 12, not week 1. Do you expect Jared Goff to finish the season with 2,800 yards passing? Rodgers with just over 3,200? You can't take any week 1 stats and extrapolate a full season. According to that, Bosa should get 32 sacks this year.

I expect Goff to have a down year compared to last. Rodgers offense sucks and he played a tough D.

I'm mostly addressing the people saying this play is ok as long as we're good enough to carry him. It's not when you're being paid like he is.

Some of you have extremely short memories. It's been a long time since we've had a QB this good. Our QB situation is better than it's been, and with BDN as our backup on the cheap, we've got one of the better QB situations in the league.

While youre at it, go watch reruns of kap going 1 for 5 while taking five sacks against the bears and Alex throwing for 5 yards every third down when we needed 6. Gabbert has some good film for you to watch, as did hoyer.

Edit: jimmys the ninth (soon to be 10th) highest paid QB.... hardly bank-breaking

#TRUTH
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

#TRUTH

Inconvenient truth for malcontents.
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

#TRUTH

People need to stop listening to the national sports media. All they get paid to do is stir up controversy. Keep ordinary people entertained not informed.
Just a little week 1 context:
Sam Darnold: 175 yards on 41 attempts 4.23 YPA
Jared Goff 186 yards on 39 attempts 4.77 YPA
Russel Wilson 195 yards on 20 attempts 9.75 YPA
Aaron Rodgers 203 yards on 30 attempts 6.77 YPA
Jimmy 166 yards on 27 attempts 6.15 YPA

You think any of those other guys are in danger of being benched? No? Ok then, neither is Jimmy.

My man, Jonnydel...telling truth like it is.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

You think any of those other guys are in danger of being benched? No? Ok then, neither is Jimmy.

Well Darnold is kinda benched now.....for other reasons

also to add, Jimmy has the least amount of starts
If you hate on GQ, you are hating on Shanny. You are either with Shanny/GQ, or you are not a fan of 9ers.
Originally posted by GarnerValleyFan:
If you hate on GQ, you are hating on Shanny. You are either with Shanny/GQ, or you are not a fan of 9ers.

not true, but you are dumb if you think mullens is better

but Jimmy had the least amount of passing yards and danger level for getting benched is less than 175 yds per game. So Darny just missed the cut!

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
I'll take 400 yards and 3 TDs with an L, any day!

Stop talking about wins and losses. We're talking about QB play

um, the #1 job of the QB is to find a way to win, whether that means slinging it around, ground and pound, making minimal mistakes, or balanced approach.

Lol you guys and QBs being the end all be all to wins and losses.

We scored 1 touchdown on offense. Our offense also scored a TD for the other team. The team finds ways to win, not one player. Good overall TEAMS can win inspite of subpar QBs.
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Sep 13, 2019 at 5:17 PM ]

Kap and Gab played on a pathetically bad team with pathetic coaching. What's sad is Kaps average game in 2016 was better than Jimmys on Sunday, and that's just passing (he added more with his legs too).

Jimmy has more talent to work with, better coaching, and he hasn't looked like the next level QB I thought he was since 2017
Jimmy Geezus better ball out! We are ready for dominance!!
Kap and Gab played on a pathetically bad team with pathetic coaching. What's sad is Kaps average game in 2016 was better than Jimmys on Sunday, and that's just passing (he added more with his legs too).

Jimmy has more talent to work with, better coaching, and he hasn't looked like the next level QB I thought he was since 2017

So much nothingness here

It's only 1 game and you are comparing Jimmy to Kap and Gabbert. Don't you think you are overreacting a little?

We should bring kap back.... ha ya right that dude sucked
Share 49ersWebzone