There are 201 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I'd look to bringing in Kirk Cousins if Jimmy can't get more than 5 wins this year.

He couldnt get more than 7 on a stacked Vikings team
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
I'd look to bringing in Kirk Cousins if Jimmy can't get more than 5 wins this year.

• Jiks
I'd rather see if Mullens is a star rather than get big numbers and no results with Cousins. Phoenix and I had it out on the subject for some time when the speculation was that we might acquire him. I see Cousins as I saw Alex (on my friends' blogs I had knockdown, dragouts on Alex for years lol. Still bad blood there, too.).

No "it".
Originally posted by thl408:
Sprinkle some incest and screw Cousins. Don't want him.

+1
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Why and how the hell did the Jimmy Garoppolo thread become a Kirk Cousins thread?

Why not, there's nothing else to talk about this time of year.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
I'd rather see if Mullens is a star rather than get big numbers and no results with Cousins. Phoenix and I had it out on the subject for some time when the speculation was that we might acquire him. I see Cousins as I saw Alex (on my friends' blogs I had knockdown, dragouts on Alex for years lol. Still bad blood there, too.).

No "it".

Cousins has better ACLs.
Originally posted by RTFirefly:

No "it".

I actually see Mullens as you see Smith and Cousins, with Cousins being the best of the three. I think JG is better than all of them.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Cousins for years and years has been nothing more than above average stats paired with constant losing and/or mediocrity. I'm not saying he's the worst QB in the world, but I'd take Jimmy every day over him because Jimmy has already proven on multiple occasions to have the physical and mental fortitude to win you games when it's crunch time. Cousins over a much larger span has not.

Again, this isn't to say Jimmy's perfect and Cousins sucks. I just don't see him as a guy that will go big-time in the playoffs, but Jimmy does strike me as that type of a player.

above average? since he was a full time starter here's his averages (per yr).

yards-4,400
TDs-28
INT-11.5
COMP-67.8%

those are pretty damn good stats and if you gave those stats to JG people would be pumped up. I agree he hasn't shown that "it" factor overall...I'm a JG believer BUT dude has played for 7 1/2 games. I can't say he's a big-time into the playoff guy YET.

Originally posted by Mankster:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

can you name me their OCs and OL from last yr lol Great WRs and D for sure...Gotta remember they lost Shumur then brought in Kirk.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
dude had 1 hell of a poor season

4,200 yards passing, 30 TDs, 10 INTs, passer rating of 99.7 while having a crappy OC that got s**t-canned and people are acting like Cousins is Brock Osweiler.

He is who he is.
Almost 31 years old and above average.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Cousins for years and years has been nothing more than above average stats paired with constant losing and/or mediocrity. I'm not saying he's the worst QB in the world, but I'd take Jimmy every day over him because Jimmy has already proven on multiple occasions to have the physical and mental fortitude to win you games when it's crunch time. Cousins over a much larger span has not.

Again, this isn't to say Jimmy's perfect and Cousins sucks. I just don't see him as a guy that will go big-time in the playoffs, but Jimmy does strike me as that type of a player.

above average? since he was a full time starter here's his averages (per yr).

yards-4,400
TDs-28
INT-11.5
COMP-67.8%

those are pretty damn good stats and if you gave those stats to JG people would be pumped up. I agree he hasn't shown that "it" factor overall...I'm a JG believer BUT dude has played for 7 1/2 games. I can't say he's a big-time into the playoff guy YET.

On JG that was more my feel on the "type" of guy he is, but my overall point is that Cousins has been little more than a stat-stuffing loser when it comes to impacting his team in the Win column. With so many games decided by small margins these days, his inability to be a closer throughout his career has to be looked at as a critical factor towards that. Cousins isn't the only one who puts up big numbers and loses. I want to know my QB can win when faced with tough matchups, critical game situations, etc.

While sure there may have been other factors involved, I personally don't think it's a coincidence that Washington minus Cousins went from loser to a winner last year (while Alex Smith was healthy), and Minnesota went from a Championship contender to barely over .500 with him there.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Why not, there's nothing else to talk about this time of year.

It happened because of the Florio article speculating that the Niners might try and get Cousins if Jimmy fails. Just filler for a dead time of the year for sports.
On JG that was more my feel on the "type" of guy he is, but my overall point is that Cousins has been little more than a stat-stuffing loser when it comes to impacting his team in the Win column. With so many games decided by small margins these days, his inability to be a closer throughout his career has to be looked at as a critical factor towards that. Cousins isn't the only one who puts up big numbers and loses. I want to know my QB can win when faced with tough matchups, critical game situations, etc.

While sure there may have been other factors involved, I personally don't think it's a coincidence that Washington minus Cousins went from loser to a winner last year (while Alex Smith was healthy), and Minnesota went from a Championship contender to barely over .500 with him there.

Imo there's only a couple QBs that have that "clutch" gene...it makes a good QB great. I never said Kirk was great

There's plenty of good QBs that you could call stat-stuffers (that I wouldn't hate as my qb at one pt) Stafford/Palmer come to mind. Matt Ryan was a 1-5 in the playoffs before kyle and alway put up numbers.

So, do you think Keemun is better than Kirk? Or do you think he was placed in a perfect scenario based on his skill set? We saw what he was in Denver last yr with a different OC

As far as Washington with Alex, they won one game all yr vs a +500 team and it was Dallas in D.C... in which they held Zeke to 33 yards and Alex had 178 yards 1 TD and completed 56% of his passes He had his team 6-4, was avg 218 yards, 1 td to 1/2 INT ratio. Pretty much alex smith numbers.

I'm team JG all the way, I just don't think Kirk sucks as bad as you're saying
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 19, 2019 at 10:12 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone