There are 154 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49erJay:
Originally posted by Debryune:
Hey 2 3/4s games OK lol

Because he started the year of subpar/under-performing, and his injury caused us to suffer through BS QB play. He could have willed the team to a few extra wins had he made it all the way through. (IMO)

Definitely. I think with him at QB alone we would've beat the Bucs, Cardinals twice, Giants and maybe bears? That would put us at 9-7 and a chance at a playoff berth.
oh my god, woulda coulda. imaginary wins. we had issues in many areas of our team and in a full 16 game season. unlike last years five game small sample. they would have been exposed, we were a 8 win team at best. if jimmy had been healthy,. i maybe would have given us 6 wins as i under estimated how bad our defense was. also there were so many times this team was not ready to play the game. that would have happened no matter the qb in my opinion. that is soley on the head of kyle

Lol. You're assuming just like me, that's all we can do because of what happened. But to give the team 2 more wins with Jimmy playing the whole year is ridiculous. We don't sweep the cardinals? We don't beat the Giants? We put up 9 sad points on the bucs you really dont think we would've done better? cmon man. And you act like our defense was the worst in the league, 13th with all the injuries that occurred is pretty decent to me.
Originally posted by Debryune:
Hey 2 3/4s games OK lol

Because he started the year of subpar/under-performing, and his injury caused us to suffer through BS QB play. He could have willed the team to a few extra wins had he made it all the way through. (IMO)

Definitely. I think with him at QB alone we would've beat the Bucs, Cardinals twice, Giants and maybe bears? That would put us at 9-7 and a chance at a playoff berth.
oh my god, woulda coulda. imaginary wins. we had issues in many areas of our team and in a full 16 game season. unlike last years five game small sample. they would have been exposed, we were a 8 win team at best. if jimmy had been healthy,. i maybe would have given us 6 wins as i under estimated how bad our defense was. also there were so many times this team was not ready to play the game. that would have happened no matter the qb in my opinion. that is soley on the head of kyle

Then why is the team 9-7 when Jimmy or Mullens starts? 16 games is not a small sample size. That's 9 wins with all the flaws you mentioned. Let me guess, all 9 games didn't count?
Im gonna say we could have won up to 10 games if the ball bounced the right way. You can't just completely disregard an injury to a teams #1 QB, RB, and maybe WR. Goodwin missed a ton of time too.

Lions
Chargers
Cardinals
Packers
Cardinals
Raiders
Giants
Broncos
Seahawks
Bears

All games we won or could have won. Stop acting like a child, "next man up, blah blah blah." Losing your stars matters.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Lol. You're assuming just like me, that's all we can do because of what happened. But to give the team 2 more wins with Jimmy playing the whole year is ridiculous. We don't sweep the cardinals? We don't beat the Giants? We put up 9 sad points on the bucs you really dont think we would've done better? cmon man. And you act like our defense was the worst in the league, 13th with all the injuries that occurred is pretty decent to me.

please stop with the 13th best defense. stop looking at yards allowed and look at points allowed. sacks that did not happen and turnovers that did not happen and missed tackles and blown assignments that were rampant
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Stanley:
Im gonna say we could have won up to 10 games if the ball bounced the right way. You can't just completely disregard an injury to a teams #1 QB, RB, and maybe WR. Goodwin missed a ton of time too.

Lions
Chargers
Cardinals
Packers
Cardinals
Raiders
Giants
Broncos
Seahawks
Bears

All games we won or could have won. Stop acting like a child, "next man up, blah blah blah." Losing your stars matters.
if the ball bounced the right way.. does that include bad coaching we had. the team not ready to play games. does that fall under the category of.. oh thats the way the ball bounces? . woulda coulda shoulda is double blah blah blah

please stop with the 13th best defense. stop looking at yards allowed and look at points allowed. sacks that did not happen and turnovers that did not happen and missed tackles and blown assignments that were rampant

I'm with CC on this. We did not have the 13th best defense. I just posted in another thread a longer explanation but I like to use 3rd down defense to measure a defense. Can the defense get off the field when they have an opponent in a third down situation. We were 21st this year and have actually improved the last two year a couple percent each year. Not exactly hard to improve on that 2016 defense though. Good lord that was bad.
[ Edited by walker807 on Jan 9, 2019 at 1:29 PM ]

I agree with cc.

I didnt miss a snap of this team's season and our defense was no where close to the 13th best in the NFL. Yes, we improved and played pretty well down the stretch defensively. But this team was a mess all year. Allowing the 13th fewest yards does nothing for me. We were 28th in the league in points allowed.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lmao, please tell me people are actually saying we had the 13th ranked defense.
Originally posted by Stanley:

Lions
Chargers
Cardinals
Packers
Cardinals
Raiders
Giants
Broncos
Seahawks
Bears

if the ball bounced the right way.. does that include bad coaching we had. the team not ready to play games. does that fall under the category of.. oh thats the way the ball bounces? . woulda coulda shoulda is double blah blah blah

Jesus, you alright man? Does the sun not come out in Iowa (guessing thats where you're at)? Need a hug? Is this what happens when you get older????
well 28th scoring offense isn't accurate either considering the turnover-fest that was our offense. #2 in giveaways at 32.

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

I agree with cc.

I didnt miss a snap of this team's season and our defense was no where close to the 13th best in the NFL. Yes, we improved and played pretty well down the stretch defensively. But this team was a mess all year. Allowing the 13th fewest yards does nothing for me. We were 28th in the league in points allowed.
Yeah it makes total sense, i'll go ahead and say i was wrong on this one haha. Even though sometimes the defense was put in postions where it was impossible not to give a few points up. Turnovers often lead to points and we were tied for 2nd most with 32.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Will dropped me when i was a baby..

But the YARDS ALLOWED!!!

Honestly with a third interception we might have creeped into top 5.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:

Honestly with a third interception we might have creeped into top 5.

Share 49ersWebzone