There are 361 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jack49ers84:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
All your comments disprove that....

You think my comments indicate I'd be unhappy if we won 5 Super Bowls with JG? Let's hope we get a chance to see if that's the case. Right now, we haven't won anything other than a few glorified preseason games at the end of last season that don't matter anymore. I look forward to watching JG back up his talk this season in games that count for something.

Stop it. You can say the Rams game didn't matter to them but every other game was played like any other regular season.

Titans were playing for their playoff lives. Jags were playing for homefield advantage and were getting furious they were getting tooled on.

Chicago and Houston had just as much to play for as we did...so why are we calling those glorified preseason exactly?

Is it because it doesn't fit the narrative that we actually won games that counted? And for the Rams backups playing in that game the game mattered to them a WHOLE lot. Similar to depth guys playing for jobs you better believe week 17 for backups is their time to put tape out there and prove their worth.

What did we have to play for in those games though? There was no pressure on us to do anything. The pressure is different when you're already out of playoff contention and are mostly just playing for pride and draft position.
that is couch fan speak right there and the end doesn't make any sense.. winning for draft position ?
Originally posted by Antix:
Mmmmm..smells like football season

Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Originally posted by Antix:
Mmmmm..smells like football season

Spot on...
Originally posted by genus49:
Where was the pressure on the Bears and Texans?

And by your logic the Browns should've been winning games like crazy in December.

There wasn't any pressure on them either. It's not about them. It's about the fact that there was no pressure on us to win those games. We may have wanted to, but when you're out of the playoffs, the pressure is not the same. Doing it when it matters isn't the same as doing it when it doesn't.

As for the Browns, I'd say they were under a lot of pressure since they didn't want to go 0-16. They just weren't very good though.

You think my comments indicate I'd be unhappy if we won 5 Super Bowls with JG? Let's hope we get a chance to see if that's the case. Right now, we haven't won anything other than a few glorified preseason games at the end of last season that don't matter anymore. I look forward to watching JG back up his talk this season in games that count for something.

And this comment proves my pt...if that was CJ that beat 3 playoff teams (yes the Rams game didn't have all it's starters) and all of the offensive stats & defensive stats improved like they did when he was the QB you'd be rock hard over it.

FYI no regular season game is a preseason game buzzy, players and coaches don't think like that. They get paid to but W on the board along with getting incentives for stats.
What did we have to play for in those games though? There was no pressure on us to do anything. The pressure is different when you're already out of playoff contention and are mostly just playing for pride and draft position.

Uh you're playing to have a job next yr...You think Jimmy G gets a fat ass contract if he just goes out there and plays like a horses ass? You think Kyle wouldn't be criticized all day if SF wins like 2 games. Does Goodwin get an extension if he doesn't go out their and bust his ass regardless of their record.

Players don't have yrs to prove their worth and their contracts allow for them to be replaced yr to yr. This isn't MLB or the NBA you lose they replace you period.

They had everything to play for.

And this comment proves my pt...if that was CJ that beat 3 playoff teams (yes the Rams game didn't have all it's starters) and all of the offensive stats & defensive stats improved like they did when he was the QB you'd be rock hard over it.

FYI no regular season game is a preseason game buzzy, players and coaches don't think like that. They get paid to but W on the board along with getting incentives for stats.

I always go back to this....how many of those nfl record close loses do you think we would have won if our QB would have been completing 67% of his passes, scoring points on 60% of his drives and converting 3rd downs over 50% of the time?
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jul 24, 2018 at 1:21 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners816:

I always go back to this....how many of those nfl record close loses do you think we would have won if our QB would have been completing 67% of his passes, scoring points on 60% of his drives and converting 3rd downs over 50% of the time?

I'm gonna go ahead and say all of them.

Yea we lost what? 5 games by 3 points or less? Which was a record I believe.

You would think, if we had jimmy, who throws better then 53% completions during those 5 games, we win at least 2 or 3 of the 5 which would have been damn good considering who he was throwing to.
Originally posted by Empire49:

I'm gonna go ahead and say all of them.

Yeah but but but he only did that well because he didn't have any pressure going into a contract yr

None of them. The other teams would have tried harder if we were playing better.

None of them. The other teams would have tried harder if we were playing better.

HAHA what a silly comment....I bet if we had the golden locks of CJ teams would have laid down in the fetal position as well.

Oh wait he was getting sacks 5 times a game https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/11/7/16619302/49ers-cardinals-film-gif-video-sacks-cj-beathard-jimmy-garoppolo-week-9

Our team was immensely better when the QB play improved and it wasn't even debatable

but yeah teams weren't even playing vs SF those last 5 weeks, they wanted SF to look good and two playoff teams weren't really fighting for better spots...also you're acting like those teams over the course of those close loses were pulling starters lol .....they would have tried harder
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 24, 2018 at 1:45 PM ]
HAHA what a silly comment....I bet if we had the golden locks of CJ teams would have laid down in the fetal position as well.

Oh wait he was getting sacks 5 times a game https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/11/7/16619302/49ers-cardinals-film-gif-video-sacks-cj-beathard-jimmy-garoppolo-week-9

Our team was immensely better when the QB play improved and it wasn't even debatable

but yeah teams weren't even playing vs SF those last 5 weeks, they wanted SF to look good and two playoff teams weren't really fighting for better spots...also you're acting like those teams over the course of those close loses were pulling starters lol .....they would have tried harder

dude, obviously once we made the switch to jimmy teams just stopped trying.

we were playing fierce competition right up until week 13

Well, that's nice and all, but now that training camp is starting it's probably time to move on from last season. If we lose in week 1 against Minnesota, it won't really matter what we did last year.
Share 49ersWebzone