LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Haha. Taylor couldn't wait for fat ass #75 to get to the outside as a blocker, so he took #75 out of his misery.

Three linemen got to the second level. None worth a s**t on that play. . If Taylor was smart, he would've followed Staley to the outside

Taylor is a rookie. Relax. At least he got some yards.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
What would be considered a good season for Jimmy? I feel like no matter what, he's not going to quite live up to the hype just because of how blown up it is.

I think he can live up to the hype

I actually expect a big drop but only because everything went so well last year. I think it will seem like a big drop off but he will still have a good year
Haha. Taylor couldn't wait for fat ass #75 to get to the outside as a blocker, so he took #75 out of his misery.

Three linemen got to the second level. None worth a s**t on that play. . If Taylor was smart, he would've followed Staley to the outside

Yep vision wasn't there or that play would have went for more yards. No wonder the OL got caught off guard and knocked over

that is why KS needs someone good at C

look at kilgore at this play
[ Edited by Jack_Napier on Mar 25, 2018 at 12:43 PM ]
I don't think there is a QB that can get the ball out quicker than Jimmy
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jack_Napier:

Richburg should be faster than Kilgore, and I'd love to get some faster guards in the draft. Somebody that can at least keep up with Staley.

Critiquing pro athletes like

[ Edited by Niners99 on Mar 25, 2018 at 4:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:

Critiquing pro athletes like

you know it's bad when your average fans can see it.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Mar 25, 2018 at 5:31 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jack_Napier:

That was Kilgore for a majority of last season...completely worthless
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Rodgers but that's exclusive company

Hes Miami's problem now (Kilgore)
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Mar 25, 2018 at 6:15 PM ]
Originally posted by jcs:

Rodgers but that's exclusive company

Yeah I'd say they're even
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Hes Miami's problem now (Kilgore)

Yeah, I think they have a central problem in Kilgore. I'm betting they'll also choose a Center somewhere in the draft to compete with Kilgore. I don't think they're stupid enough to start Kilgore.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Very tough to blitz Jimmy. If they go nickel or dime vs blitzing Jimmy, that will pose a problem for defenses once we have faster guards that can free up McKinnon to roll over DB's and Safeties' that come in when the LB's and DT's leave the field. Kyle is already countering today, what the future defensive coordinator's predicted defensive adjustments will be this next season. Pure genius and all because of the Jimmy GQ effect.

Garoppolo excelled at both. According to Pro Football Focus Signature Stats, Garoppolo was only under pressure on 32.6% of his drop backs (31st in the NFL), but led the NFL in completion percentage (33-53, 62.3% completion), yards per attempt (8.3ypa).

http://www.49erswebzone.com/commentary/1811-jimmy-garoppolo-season-review-part-under-pressure/
Originally posted by Giedi:
Very tough to blitz Jimmy. If they go nickel or dime vs blitzing Jimmy, that will pose a problem for defenses once we have faster guards that can free up McKinnon to roll over DB's and Safeties' that come in when the LB's and DT's leave the field. Kyle is already countering today, what the future defensive coordinator's predicted defensive adjustments will be this next season. Pure genius and all because of the Jimmy GQ effect.

Garoppolo excelled at both. According to Pro Football Focus Signature Stats, Garoppolo was only under pressure on 32.6% of his drop backs (31st in the NFL), but led the NFL in completion percentage (33-53, 62.3% completion), yards per attempt (8.3ypa).

http://www.49erswebzone.com/commentary/1811-jimmy-garoppolo-season-review-part-under-pressure/

If people ever wonder what Dan Marino's quick release would be like in a WCO back in the 80's and 90's, it would be Jimmy with Kyle. I'm sure I wasn't the only one watching Marino back then and wonder what he would be like in a Walsh offense. It's devastating with the quick release and the short and intermediate passing offense. What Kyle trying to do is add more speed (I think the size comes later) to those areas, especially in those short area. It challenged the reaction time of the defense, both on the quick throw and tackling the quick receiver.

You can see a little of that in Aaron Rodgers but I don't think the Packers was fully successful at adding speed to go along with Rodgers somewhat quick release. Randall Cobb comes to mind but I don't remember a RB with power and speed combo. I think Kyles offense with Jimmy gonna be insane. That quick release and speed are tough to replicate in practice. Once in the game, it might be 14-17 points on the board before the defense realized what's happening. You can kinda see it with Goodwin and Taylor last year.
Share 49ersWebzone