There are 370 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Interesting. I honestly didn't know that. Never been to the Bay Area. (BTW I have been to California 4 times when I was in the Army. I don't tell people that I've been to California much though because outside of Ft. Irwin for NTC I've never had the opportunity to see any of California's city's.) But I guess it's the same when I was living in Florida some years back. The people of Tampa HATE the term "Tampa Bay" and will promptly correct you, so I understand.

So. the people of Tampa Bay Area don't like being told they live in Tampa Bay? Bucs made a poor choice of name then?
I know, right? But the city is called Tampa, not Tampa Bay. I learned that when I moved to Bradenton, Florida. That is Bucc town there, and they are really vigilant - anal in fact - about correcting people too. You go down there and say "Tampa Bay" when referring to the city of Tampa and they'll know you're not from there, and they aren't shy about letting you know too. Wonder if Bay Area fans are the same way about "San Fran".
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Feb 13, 2018 at 8:01 AM ]
We got our franchise QB and we talking about how to properly identify cities?

Free agency here yet?
Originally posted by genus49:

Free agency here yet?

Combine is here in 2 weeks...

Free agency here yet?
I know Bro. Forgive me. Was just curious. The season can't get here fast enough.

Free agency here yet?

"More of me, less of ... everything else."

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
My daily excuse to see more Kay Adams. GMFB crew debating Jimmy G vs Cousins.

If you're paying Cousins based on what he's done in the past then he's worth more than Jimmy. If you're paying him based on potential then he's probably not worth more than Jimmy.

Yeah, I agree. Originally I wanted Cousins. After seeing Jimmy play out the season I've decided I was wrong. Jimmy G is gonna be better for us in the long run.

Cousins didn't have great pieces? Ummm Jimmy G did wonders with the pieces he had. Put Cousins with the O-Line and receivers that Jimmy had and I really doubt he would've done wonders like Jimmy did.

Think about this, Belichick was ready to get rid of Tom Brady for Jimmy Garoppolo.......TOM BRADY!!!! Belichick thought Jimmy Garoppolo was worth more than Tom Brady!!!!
i still call it san fran
  • thl408
Jimmy can call it San Frans**thole for all I care. Way to welcome our savior. I blame that Logan Couture looking 49er interviewer guy.
Originally posted by thl408:
Jimmy can call it San Frans**thole for all I care. Way to welcome our savior. I blame that Logan Couture looking 49er interviewer guy.

I will admit that San Fran is nowhere near as bad as Frisco
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Yeah, I agree. Originally I wanted Cousins. After seeing Jimmy play out the season I've decided I was wrong. Jimmy G is gonna be better for us in the long run.

That's all of us....

or well most of us......

We all woke up watching Jimmy G play. Cousins is a great QB, Jimmy appears to be a good QB...with an elite release.

Jimmy's release is a tool FEW NFL QBs have. Its like CK's legs you cant teach that, but you can build a system around it and have success.

A lot of SF fans can see a path were Jimmy G could become an NFL great. Does not mean he will....but he has some tools to work with.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

This

f**k those san fran snobs.
Our friends from the East Coast pronounce Nevada with the soft "a", so I do the same with New Hampshire. Sounds so Ivy League, stuck up, and phony. I tease him about Easterners being so ignorant about the West Coast.

I feel the same way about people that pronounce Boise as if it has a "z" in it. It doesn't.

The fact is, the locals get to decide, and if you don't comply, you sound ignorant at best, and insulting at worst.

Why is it Southern California, and South Florida? Beats the F out of me.

So take that, Frisco.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Feb 13, 2018 at 10:06 AM ]
Originally posted by susweel:

This

f**k those san fran snobs.

#suswasright

I'm guilty of calling it Frisco

If Jimmy is winning us Lombardi's I wouldn't care if he called it Frisco World.
Share 49ersWebzone