There are 194 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Jimmy can call SF whatever he wants 😂

Yeah. He'll figure it out living here.
Wonder where he will buy a pad.
Jersey comes tomorrow!

And February 3rd is a day that lives in infamy for now....
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I'm from Fresno CA, born and raised for 22 years. I Have been a 49er fan that entire time, and while i know im not from San Fransisco or the bay area, never once have i called SF "The City" or any other of this made up s**t. In fact, never once have i heard anyone else in all of my time in CA refer to San Francisco by that nickname...

If you need to tell people the appropriate nickname of your city, then its not really the appropriate nickname....

I been from around Oakland my whole life. Sf is the the city or Frisco or whatever you want really. If it's a square talkin then it might sound a little awkward and forced. If anything, San Fran sounds a little weird. But nobody really gives a s**t what u call it. Oakland is the town, always has been.

Don't forget 11/5. Frisco the city by the water. San Fran. Ugh that just sounds weak. I've been living here since 78 when I was born don't remember this being an issue until somewhere in the 90s to now. Who cares. Frisco sounds good to me the city whatever. I think there are more important things to be concerned with like maybe who's going to play G or rush the passer off the edge. Lol

Preach!
Been in the bay my whole life, less than 5 miles from SF. Its always been "The City." Everybody knows what your talking about when you say it. I think rit also depends on the context and who you are talking to. You would graffiti the city, maybe Frisco.

just my two bit coin.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Redemption at its finest Kyle returns to the place where he earned the right to become a HC (Atlanta) & takes shots at the Failcons fans in their own home turf. Man that would be sweet

Oh s**t, forgot it was at their new stadium. That be nuts

Ohh yeah..........

This would be really nice to see
Originally posted by GEEK:
Love this trade. Shanahan loves Jimmy G. A potential franchise QB for a 2nd round pick. We'll extend him and get our O-line situated. This is a bold move by Lynch and Shanahan. Bravo!!!

GEEK you were one of the Zoners who was positive about "The Trade" right off the bat. After reading so much doubt and innuendo about what was going to happen with #10, it was downright laughable! So much speculation about whether or not Jimmy would sign a long term agreement, or would he be tagged or would the Niners trade him (clutch the pearls!). Anyway, now, all of the Unicorn laden thoughts can be put to rest. He's signed at least for the next three years. HIs skill set will only enhance Shannahan's offense and Shannahan's offense will only enhance Jimmy's skill set. After seeing his work on the field, if you don't believe this is the QB that can get the Niners to the ultimate goal, sit down and be humbled
Originally posted by NinerTy:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Love this trade. Shanahan loves Jimmy G. A potential franchise QB for a 2nd round pick. We'll extend him and get our O-line situated. This is a bold move by Lynch and Shanahan. Bravo!!!

GEEK you were one of the Zoners who was positive about "The Trade" right off the bat. After reading so much doubt and innuendo about what was going to happen with #10, it was downright laughable! So much speculation about whether or not Jimmy would sign a long term agreement, or would he be tagged or would the Niners trade him (clutch the pearls!). Anyway, now, all of the Unicorn laden thoughts can be put to rest. He's signed at least for the next three years. HIs skill set will only enhance Shannahan's offense and Shannahan's offense will only enhance Jimmy's skill set. After seeing his work on the field, if you don't believe this is the QB that can get the Niners to the ultimate goal, sit down and be humbled

Appreciate the bump Geek....eeerrrr.....I mean NinerTy.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
We're going to next year super bowl or the following in my backyard in Miami, I would seriously consider going and spending the money needed to go to a sb if we make the one in Miami
Wasn't that where Montana got his first ring?

Detroit, well, Pontiac Silverdome
Originally posted by Predator85:

Rodgers called it San Fran, skip to 4:05. Jimmy has nothing to worry about.

What does he know? He's from Chico!
Originally posted by cortana49:
We're going to next year super bowl or the following in my backyard in Miami, I would seriously consider going and spending the money needed to go to a sb if we make the one in Miami

Bill Walsh dressed up as the doorman when they checked into their hotel and no one recognized him. That's the kind of thing Walsh did to relax his teams and win big games.
Today happens to be my birthday and marks 64 years that I have been watching 49 er games on tv etc. My late father introduced me to all of this
but I must say that looking through this thread, somewhat, has been daunting and kind of a total waste of time.
Really, One Garoppolo thread???
Just think, we lost 5 games by less than 3 points with nfl officials making more than questionable calls to make it happen. Remember the Seahawks
game fix thread that showed a huge number of plays that were basically all called in favor of Seattle. Same thing as flipping a coin 30 consecutive times
all coming up heads, can't happen. Worst call or no call was Bowman intercepting the ball at the 2 yard line with nobody in front of him but no official saw
it. Next play, SF should have had possesion but bowman got a year ending injury because he was still on the field.
bye ya all, go niners

Originally posted by keithhr:
Today happens to be my birthday and marks 64 years that I have been watching 49 er games on tv etc. My late father introduced me to all of this
but I must say that looking through this thread, somewhat, has been daunting and kind of a total waste of time.
Really, One Garoppolo thread???
Just think, we lost 5 games by less than 3 points with nfl officials making more than questionable calls to make it happen. Remember the Seahawks
game fix thread that showed a huge number of plays that were basically all called in favor of Seattle. Same thing as flipping a coin 30 consecutive times
all coming up heads, can't happen. Worst call or no call was Bowman intercepting the ball at the 2 yard line with nobody in front of him but no official saw
it. Next play, SF should have had possesion but bowman got a year ending injury because he was still on the field.
bye ya all, go niners

Happy Birthday! Got me by a little over 6 years - ah, a lifetime full of great 49er moments!
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Originally posted by cortana49:

Bill Walsh dressed up as the doorman when they checked into their hotel and no one recognized him. That's the kind of thing Walsh did to relax his teams and win big games.

Hey, Singletary dressed up as Maude Fricker before a game...scared the heck out of the team! JK.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by valrod33:
San Fran should be acceptable. Frisco just sounds stupid.

The City sounds even dumber than Frisco

49ers play in Santa Clara. Who cares what he calls it

Just imagine how offended you get when people call Albuquerque "Querk".

Never heard that one, dont even live there. either way dont care
Originally posted by Niners99:
San Fran should be acceptable. Frisco just sounds stupid.

The City sounds even dumber than Frisco

49ers play in Santa Clara. Who cares what he calls it

Just imagine how offended you get when people call Albuquerque "Querk".

Never heard that one, dont even live there. either way dont care

That's interesting, because that's how people from the bay feel about your opinion.
Bump for being the true face of the franchise.
Share 49ersWebzone