There are 110 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo Thread

Cap Numbers- $37M(2018), $20M(2019), $26.6M(2020),,$26.9M(2021), $27M(2022), total is indeed $137.5M, $48.7M GTD at signing it appears.
Jimmy G Spot pimping out SF already!

"Yeah. That's kind of how this thing goes," Garoppolo answered on the "Gary & Larry" show. "Guys reaching out to guys more than coaches and executives really. Just in the last 48 hours, to be honest, I've had texts, I've had messages from guys, and they're excited about it. It's a place that -- why wouldn't you want to be here? It's gorgeous outside year-round. We're a young, upcoming team, and we've got a phenomenal coaching staff.

"It's an exciting time out here in the Bay Area. Hopefully, a lot of guys want to experience that too."
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Cap Numbers- $37M(2018), $20M(2019), $26.6M(2020),,$26.9M(2021), $27M(2022), total is indeed $137.5M, $48.7M GTD at signing it appears.

Interesting is 2019. We all knew we'd front load 2018 but $20M in 2019 gives us the option to start extending our own players. $27M is going to be mid tier come 2022.
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 9, 2018 at 4:58 PM ]
Garoppolo got a $7M signing bonus, $28M GTD roster bonus, $7.5M of his 2019 base is GTD at signing, $800K yearly roster bonuses($50K a game), and $600K yearly workout bonuses.
Originally posted by JBrack:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'm gonna wait and see it broken down that guaranteed money could be spread over both seasons as well

Too many reports are hurting my brain, lol.

Lol I feel ya, AB just posted that marsh's cap hit for 2018 is $3.4 million
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
I am so God damn pumped right now!!

Things are going to be good from this point on guys!!

Did they go to the same tailor?
I went to the press conference today - got to meet and got pictures with Kyle Shannahan and John Lynch and most importantly our boy Jimmy. He was awesome, super humble and really cool. His agent said no pictures but he did sign my Jimmy G jersey which was a pretty epic day and way worth the 4+ hour wait while all the media stuff went on.

Shanahan, Lynch, and Garropolo are all really as good as it gets as people and even more pumped for our future
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I went to the press conference today - got to meet and got pictures with Kyle Shannahan and John Lynch and most importantly our boy Jimmy. He was awesome, super humble and really cool. His agent said no pictures but he did sign my Jimmy G jersey which was a pretty epic day and way worth the 4+ hour wait while all the media stuff went on.

Shanahan, Lynch, and Garropolo are all really as good as it gets as people and even more pumped for our future

So. Damn. Jealous.
Originally posted by Rascal:
I am so God damn pumped right now!!

Things are going to be good from this point on guys!!

Gotta love the pro tip...."no San Fran, no Frisco......either San Francisco or The City"
Originally posted by NCommand:

So. Damn. Jealous.

Seriously. That's dope!

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Free love in California.
Originally posted by Furlow:

So. Damn. Jealous.

Seriously. That's dope!

Thank you! Was super surreal and cemented that Jimmy is as good as advertised. Media, coaches, players and fans were coming at him from all angles for like 4 straight hours. John and Kyle were super accessible but as the event ended it didn't look like the fans that waited out the day would have a chance to meet him. He actually stepped out of his private team party with family and 49er brass (at Michael Minas) to meet, shake hands and sign for the few fans that waited out the day after the media circus ended (not doing it for any cameras or obligation). The guy gets it and pumped to have even more reason to root for him.
Still riding that cloud.

I still cant believe we got him.
  • bvc49
  • Veteran
Jimmy G Spot pimping out SF already!

"Yeah. That's kind of how this thing goes," Garoppolo answered on the "Gary & Larry" show. "Guys reaching out to guys more than coaches and executives really. Just in the last 48 hours, to be honest, I've had texts, I've had messages from guys, and they're excited about it. It's a place that -- why wouldn't you want to be here? It's gorgeous outside year-round. We're a young, upcoming team, and we've got a phenomenal coaching staff.

"It's an exciting time out here in the Bay Area. Hopefully, a lot of guys want to experience that too."

Sell it baby, sell it!!! f*gents come on down
Share 49erswebzone