There are 215 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Andy Hart thinks Garoppolo has a better deep ball than Brady

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/video/andy-hart-thinks-jimmy-garoppolo-has-better-deep-ball-tom-brady

We didn't have an OLine good enough to give him time to look deep much. Without his quick release, he wouldn't have gotten off some of those 10-15 yards completions either.

Blast you! I was gonna post that lol. Seriously, who wanted our $137.5 million QB taking 7-step drops on a regular basis (or any basis) behind that O-line?

When he trusts his WR he will let loose. Hope they really add some talent on the OL and give him major protection. Now that the 9ers have an elite QB...please keep him healthy!

Dtg, all those incredible passes last yr, with an OL we know wouldn't allow most NFL qBs to get the pass off...and Jimmy did that with TT, Kittle, Marquise, Celek, au Jus, Bourne, et al...Literally all guys who were not here last yr. And at the end of the 5 game stretch, he had averaged over 300 yds/game or right at it. Also, he has yet to throw one ball to Garçon, our #1 guy, tho truly not a #1 Wr. Looking at it from one way, why would he need anymore WRs? What, we want him to throw for 385 yds/game ...or 415? And those folks do have a point.

OTOH what exactly do we get if we happen to nail down thru draft one, or even two stud WRs? I mean, just how much more do we want from our already hot passing game? I think it means FA wise, we are not in the market for a #1 WR, but if later in the draft one potential hot shot WR is there we take him. If we already had our 3 starter interior OLs, our ER, our 2 LBs , and our CB...or two....then that would be different. The question remains, why would we want more firepower than what we have now with and for jimmy?

The one thing that bothers tho, is why or how could Kyle /john have picked TT, Kittle, au Jus, marquise, Bourne ...and have them be our guys...all part of the big passing game we ended up with? Did they just get all the pass receivers (RB, WR, TE, Rb) that we ever needed in one draft/FA.? That seems unlikely. The one place we could really be helped is with the big Gronk like WR/TE (ok, T.O. , Jimmy Graham, etc) who is money on the goal line. I could see that. I guess we can always upgrade our pass catchers, but it makes one wonder, just how good we expect our passing game to be. It wasn't all that shabby the last 5 games.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Feb 11, 2018 at 8:03 AM ]
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Dtg, all those incredible passes last yr, with an OL we know wouldn't allow most NFL qBs to get the pass off...and Jimmy did that with TT, Kittle, Marquise, Celek, au Jus, Bourne, et al...Literally all guys who were not here last yr. And at the end of the 5 game stretch, he had averaged over 300 yds/game or right at it. Also, he has yet to throw one ball to Garçon, our #1 guy, tho truly not a #1 Wr. Looking at it from one way, why would he need anymore WRs? What, we want him to throw for 385 yds/game ...or 415? And those folks do have a point.

OTOH what exactly do we get if we happen to nail down thru draft one, or even two stud WRs? I mean, just how much more do we want from our already hot passing game? I think it means FA wise, we are not in the market for a #1 WR, but if later in the draft one potential hot shot WR is there we take him. If we already had our 3 starter interior OLs, our ER, our 2 LBs , and our CB...or two....then that would be different. The question remains, why would we want more firepower than what we have now with and for jimmy?

The one thing that bothers tho, is why or how could Kyle /john have picked TT, Kittle, au Jus, marquise, Bourne ...and have them be our guys...all part of the big passing game we ended up with? Did they just get all the pass receivers (RB, WR, TE, Rb) that we ever needed in one draft/FA.? That seems unlikely. The one place we could really be helped is with the big Gronk like WR/TE (ok, T.O. , Jimmy Graham, etc) who is money on the goal line. I could see that. I guess we can always upgrade our pass catchers, but it makes one wonder, just how good we expect our passing game to be. It wasn't all that shabby the last 5 games.

Garcon was out. Goodwin was a steal in FA and TT and Kittle did well for rookies. I trust KS/Lynch to find the right WR/TE this offseason to complete the core. I doubt they choose to spend big in FA on one. They already spent on the WR they think is perfect for the system (Garcon).
Originally posted by valrod33:
San Fran should be acceptable. Frisco just sounds stupid.

The City sounds even dumber than Frisco

49ers play in Santa Clara. Who cares what he calls it

Just imagine how offended you get when people call Albuquerque "Querk".
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Hey! I resemble that remark!

Good points Paso! I believe JG would have been even better had he had Garcon! So going forward they have the tools just need to shore up the OL. In my mock I have them taking WR in the first but that's BPA, and not by greatest need. Those I would fill via FAcy if possible. If they could sign WR Landry it would also be great. He is able to make tough catches in traffic...a somewhat rare ability.

I actually think that receivers are the least of our worries right now. I have a feeling that Kittle could turn out to be a stud. I like Taylor in the slot, Goodwin certainly came on and Bourne seems like he might have some real potential. As effective as the passing game was during the last part of the year you have to wonder if some big ticket WR is really necessary at this point. Certainly not something I would give up a lot of draft capital for, especially given Garoppollo's willingness to spread the ball around. Don't want some diva receiver on the team complaining that he isn't getting enough targets. Lynch said something interesting in an after game interview after one of their wins, he was talking about getting off the field on third downs defensively and said something to the effect that, he'd like to see the team get off the field with a sack. I suspect an edge rusher is where he will be looking this year
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Next years MVP. Book it!

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
I'm from Fresno CA, born and raised for 22 years. I Have been a 49er fan that entire time, and while i know im not from San Fransisco or the bay area, never once have i called SF "The City" or any other of this made up s**t. In fact, never once have i heard anyone else in all of my time in CA refer to San Francisco by that nickname...

If you need to tell people the appropriate nickname of your city, then its not really the appropriate nickname....

I been from around Oakland my whole life. Sf is the the city or Frisco or whatever you want really. If it's a square talkin then it might sound a little awkward and forced. If anything, San Fran sounds a little weird. But nobody really gives a s**t what u call it. Oakland is the town, always has been.

Don't forget 11/5. Frisco the city by the water. San Fran. Ugh that just sounds weak. I've been living here since 78 when I was born don't remember this being an issue until somewhere in the 90s to now. Who cares. Frisco sounds good to me the city whatever. I think there are more important things to be concerned with like maybe who's going to play G or rush the passer off the edge. Lol

Preach!

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Next years MVP. Book it!

Oh hell yeah

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
I'm from Fresno CA, born and raised for 22 years. I Have been a 49er fan that entire time, and while i know im not from San Fransisco or the bay area, never once have i called SF "The City" or any other of this made up s**t. In fact, never once have i heard anyone else in all of my time in CA refer to San Francisco by that nickname...

If you need to tell people the appropriate nickname of your city, then its not really the appropriate nickname....

I been from around Oakland my whole life. Sf is the the city or Frisco or whatever you want really. If it's a square talkin then it might sound a little awkward and forced. If anything, San Fran sounds a little weird. But nobody really gives a s**t what u call it. Oakland is the town, always has been.

Don't forget 11/5. Frisco the city by the water. San Fran. Ugh that just sounds weak. I've been living here since 78 when I was born don't remember this being an issue until somewhere in the 90s to now. Who cares. Frisco sounds good to me the city whatever. I think there are more important things to be concerned with like maybe who's going to play G or rush the passer off the edge. Lol

Preach!

Not like Jimmy is gonna be spending a ton of time the West Oakland anyways
Let's get right down to it. We all have the weather in Illinois and Massachusetts to thank for Jimmy G Spot signing here.
Let's get right down to it. We all have the weather in Illinois and Massachusetts to thank for Jimmy G Spot signing here.

Weather recruiting has always been California's not so secret weapon. State tax on the other hand...

Edit: you have to have sympathy for Minnesota--nearly a 10% income tax and that weather! Brrrrrr!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 11, 2018 at 10:00 AM ]
Where can I order an Jimmy G jersey that ain't gonna take a month to ship out
4 pages of debating the nickname of a city the 49ers dont even play in
Share 49ersWebzone