There are 244 users in the forums

Who would be the better QB to pickup in offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would be the better QB to pickup in offseason?

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NM16:
Drafting Barkley would be the dumbest thing this franchise can do. Why use a top pick on a position we don't even need? That's probably our current strongest position

Since when is running back not a need for this team. I like hide but until he finishes the season healthy we have no running back. And yes if we did trade for a quarterback. He is by far the best top 5 pick in this draft out of any position
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
I am happy that Kaep wasn't on the poll.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by NM16:
Drafting Barkley would be the dumbest thing this franchise can do. Why use a top pick on a position we don't even need? That's probably our current strongest position

Since when is running back not a need for this team. I like hide but until he finishes the season healthy we have no running back. And yes if we did trade for a quarterback. He is by far the best top 5 pick in this draft out of any position

I agree, no need for a Rb, we'll have Hyde or Breida next year. If we sign Cousins, we need to address our needs at pass rush, OL or WR.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by SFrush:
New regime but I doubt Alex would return here.

It wouldn't shock me to see Alex comes back. I don't think he holds grudges. I think he'd come back on a 3-year deal or something.
He wasn't too fond of Jed and Paraag in this interview. He never mentioned their names but reading between the lines you knew who he was talking about here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB6CtgLngLI
Originally posted by Goatie:
I am happy that Kaep wasn't on the poll.

I miss Kaep when the pass rush is on, Hoyer has zero skills to make plays with his feet and get a first down when a play brakes down , where Kaep would have made a run for a 15 yards or more and kept the drive alive and the chains moving in that situation, instead Hoyer is taken down and that is that , 3 and out ..THAT is when I miss Kaep the most , he's Superman in those situations whereas Hoyer is Jimmy Olson
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
With the Browns benching Kizer, it looks like we'll have competition for one of the Qb's in the draft.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I don't mind if they went after Cousins or Garapolo....but I'm also thinking about it financially. If they are able to draft a top 5 QB, whomever that is, think about all that cap space they'll have to address other areas. Can go out and get a WR, CB, OL help, a pass rusher, etc. I don't know what the FA market will look like next year for these positions but the possibilities with that cap space.

I'm just thinking about how SEA was when they drafted Wilson. Rookie contract for several years and they were able to address key spots on their team right away and became a contender fast.
  • NM16
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fan49:
We're not in a position to pick up a rb with how many holes we have in our team. Idc how good this dude is. Some of you guys think cousins will mask our problems like Aaron rodgers. I like cousins but we have a lot of work to do even if we get him
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Cousins is the way to go. He will be 30 if we sign him in free agency, and Beathard gives us a good prospect to groom as a backup and security blanket for Cousins.

Drafting a QB is always a crapshoot. Cousins was scouted, approved, and drafted by the Shanahans. And he's proven himself in the league to be a solid performer on a dysfunctional franchise.

Snag Cousins, and either get another top 3 player in a position of need, or trade back and get more draft ammo for 2018 and 2019.

The big Q is if the Skins actually let him go. My guess is they franchise tag him and look for a trade partner to swap 1st round picks plus some additional picks to get Cousins. That will give him a shot at a top QB prospect to groom, and more picks to build up the supporting cast.

I'm not a fan of the draft swap. Either get him in FA, or turn to Jimmy G or the draft.
Rather draft a qb and build a solid core around him

Why is Alex Smith on this poll? Why on EARTH would he ever sign with a franchise and fan base that did nothing but treat him like a back up? He should sign with Denver if/when he is a free agent and get himself a ring.
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Why is Alex Smith on this poll? Why on EARTH would he ever sign with a franchise and fan base that did nothing but treat him like a back up? He should sign with Denver if/when he is a free agent and get himself a ring.

Treated him like a back up bc he played like a back up granted the situation he never looked anything like a number 1 overall pick should..
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, Smith was treated like crap, because he played like crap.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I got Brees and Rivers as options as well... Say what you want too if Bradford is healthy and has time hes accurate.

You think chargers might cut rivers? They got him signed till 2020.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I got Brees and Rivers as options as well... Say what you want too if Bradford is healthy and has time hes accurate.

You think chargers might cut rivers? They got him signed till 2020.

I'm done with 1-2 year rentals, I can't predict the future so idk who but let's take a QB who is the present and future..Shanahan either gets Cousins or takes a QB top 3..can't see a vet being sign just to prolong the biggest problem..
Share 49ersWebzone