LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Who would be the better QB to pickup in offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would be the better QB to pickup in offseason?

Originally posted by Ensatsu:
at this juncture, I would get on my knees and beg Alex Smith to come back. Should have never questioned greatness

I don't know about greatness but he's better now than he ever was here. That's what real offensive coaching will do.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm torn between drafting a FQB or signing Cousins.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Cousins and then draft Barkley plz. A good off-season with some more weapons might start to turn things around for the team.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Cousins + Bomb for Saquan!

These
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
at this juncture, I would get on my knees and beg Alex Smith to come back. Should have never questioned greatness

I don't know about greatness but he's better now than he ever was here. That's what real offensive coaching will do.

This.

Kansas City was the best thing to ever happen to the guy. He's in a better place now.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Easy. Try to sign Cousins and if you fail, THEN draft a QB. I think this has been Shanahan/Lynch's plan since they started working together.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Easy. Try to sign Cousins and if you fail, THEN draft a QB. I think this has been Shanahan/Lynch's plan since they started working together.

Between Cousins and this upcoming and the following draft, we should be adding a lot of talent. That leaves 3 more years (under contract) for Shanny to find a QB he really likes if Beathard is a career backup.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Yeah, that's probably how it's going to play out.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 12, 2017 at 8:33 PM ]
New regime but I doubt Alex would return here.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
New regime but I doubt Alex would return here.

It wouldn't shock me to see Alex comes back. I don't think he holds grudges. I think he'd come back on a 3-year deal or something.
I've gotta agree...sign Cousins and draft Barkley. That transforms our backfield in a major, major way.

Cousins has a lower "bust rate" than a rookie QB. But they sign cousins and draft Barkley, their window to win now starts in May.
  • NM16
  • Veteran
It wouldn't shock me to see Alex comes back. I don't think he holds grudges. I think he'd come back on a 3-year deal or something.
give it up lol. Alex wants a ring and will go to a team that is in win now mode, not rebuild mode
  • NM16
  • Veteran
Drafting Barkley would be the dumbest thing this franchise can do. Why use a top pick on a position we don't even need? That's probably our current strongest position
Leaning towards Cousins. I think the temptation to get a genuine QB alongside a game changing offensive player in the draft is too tempting to pass up.

I also think Cousins being a known quantity might help a couple other FA dominos fall our way (at least I hope). Aslong as the signing process doesn't drag out.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Kirk. We already got the QB that's supposed to be good because he backed up Brady. We all see how that worked out...

Darnold and Rosen are projects because college football has turned into s**tty arena football that doesn't translate to the pros.

No one ever said Jimmy G was good because he backed up Brady. We said he was good because he performed well over 4 games extremely well. And it helps that he was under Brady and Belichick. Bilicheck does it right
Share 49ersWebzone