LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

Let's talk Pass Rush

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I mean WTF this has to be on the DC or some s**t

I don't understand how they gave up on Eli but are okay with giving Arik Armstead and Jimmie Ward extra opportunities.

Unlike Arik Armstead and Jimmie Ward, Eli actually had great athletic tools. Dude had an ELITE 1.56 10-yard split. I'm not joking. Look that s**t up. Dude is still only 24. If I was going to keep giving a chance to one of these bums, it definitely would've been Eli. Unfortunately, it looks like Matt Patricia is finding a way to coach him up.
Originally posted by Heroism:

I don't understand how they gave up on Eli but are okay with giving Arik Armstead and Jimmie Ward extra opportunities.

Unlike Arik Armstead and Jimmie Ward, Eli actually had great athletic tools. Dude had an ELITE 1.56 10-yard split. I'm not joking. Look that s**t up. Dude is still only 24. If I was going to keep giving a chance to one of these bums, it definitely would've been Eli. Unfortunately, it looks like Matt Patricia is finding a way to coach him up.

Remember when I was saying every FO has a blind spot? When it comes to ER identification and development, they are blind, deaf and dumb.
  • thl408
Trade Eli, a young player that was just fine at SAM and now he suddenly shows potential as edge. Keep Earl Mitchell who shows no upside and has a very capable replacement in DJJones ready to take over. I better not look up and see Jermiah Attachou with a bunch of pressures/sacks.
  • dj43

Yes, he has 3 sacks...and a total of 5 tackles in four games.

Let's see what he does the rest of the year.
Originally posted by dj43:

They only play him on passing downs. I don't care for "stats." This is football, not accounting. When I see a guy using a new technique(speed to setup ice-pick counter) that he never demonstrated here in SF, s**t is glaring to me.

[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 3, 2018 at 9:32 AM ]
That Saleh life? QB pressures!

aaron lynch playing well in chicago also. Gotta face the facts. We can't coach and develop here.

#Cursed.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:

spin if you want but i think most of us would be happy with his production on our team that he has right now. of course we assume the idiot coaches we have on defense would know what to do with him. i figured it was good to get rid of him but now i am thinking we really are very very bad at either identifying pass rushers and or coaching them up. ward aa and marsh are are on our team and we wonder why we suck on defense
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

aaron lynch playing well in chicago also. Gotta face the facts. We can't coach and develop here.

#Cursed.

right, forgot about lynch. in my opinion. its just not bad luck or thats the breaks when you got guys like eli and lynch who sucked here thriving on their new team
Most of you guys wanted harold gone, and now he is becoming a solid players for the lions, these same people claim that he shouldnt have been traded.

• jcs
  • Veteran
I swear every time I see this thread bumped I think to myself....."What Passrush?"
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Most of you guys wanted harold gone, and now he is becoming a solid players for the lions, these same people claim that he shouldnt have been traded.

Yeah I was glad he was gone also. Sucks to let a guy go and he flourishes.

oops
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 3, 2018 at 8:22 PM ]

ya, I will probably stop s**tting on the players to be honest. We just have bad coaching.

Jimmie Ward and AA will leave this team and go be studs on another team like Eli is right now. Probably in 2019-2020.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Oct 3, 2018 at 8:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

ya, I will probably stop s**tting on the players to be honest. We just have bad coaching.

Jimmie Ward and AA will leave this team and go be studs on another team like Eli is right now. Probably in 2019-2020.

Don't worry, at least we'll still have Cassius Marsh.
With Harold didn't we mostly use him to contain? Anyways it's too early in the year to know if we're missing out or he just had a couple fluke games.
Share 49ersWebzone