LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 331 users in the forums

Game 3 2017: vs Los Angeles Rams (Post Game Observations)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by longterm9erfan:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Dumervil had a sack early erased by a phantom penalty

Yes, and the sack was on a third down play. After that, the Rams scored a TD. So, the refs definitely screwed the Niners. By my count, there were at least 6 phantom calls against the Niners the past 2 games and none on the opponents....and that doesn't take into account the missed calls, such as the PI on Sherman last week in Seattle and the holding on the winning TD pass. Just pathetic.....or fixed.....or both. I would hope that Jed was on the phone with Roger tonight. You never saw this crap in the Cowboy games....even when they sucked. This game was stolen from the Niners tonight....flat out stolen.

You don't get to say games were stolen until you can make extra points, not fumble or throw a pick on first play of game.
WHEn you play quality ball then you can blame refs
But it worked so well for "him of who we do not speak" against the Packers in the playoffs* that perhaps Hoyer thought it would work for him.
Hoyer did improve after that. I just hope he isn't superstitious to try it every week to up his game

* (might not have been the first throw against the Packers but first offensive series)
  • thl408
Originally posted by thl408:
On the final 49er drive after the onside recovery, there was a screen to Hyde dialed up. The telecast mentioned how Barron saved a huge gain had Hyde gotten past him. The 49ers caught the Rams in a blitz, exactly when you want to call a screen pass. Trent Brown blocks his man into Fusco, preventing Fusco from getting out to the edge to lead block for Hyde. And that's what allowed Barron to make the tackle for no gain.

The two collide. I don't know what Brown is taught to do, but he should know that Fusco is trying to get to the edge.
Lots of room to run.
Our oline didnt get out. A lot of outside zone plays in the first half got messed up the same way. Big guys in limbo land half to the spot where they are designed to be. Its kind of like shows like a mob behind the line on tv, no clean space where the rb can make decisions. Not sure our guys are mobile enough for this outside zone concept. I think maybe thats why joe is a little jumpy. Well see how it looks in a couple weeks.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
oops..
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 24, 2017 at 6:08 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
oops..

You been smoking my crabtrees boy?
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Sep 24, 2017 at 3:06 PM ]
What about Goff???
It might turn out another franchise QB that we didn't pick
[ Edited by Judge82Dredd on Sep 24, 2017 at 3:18 PM ]
Originally posted by Judge82Dredd:
What about Goff???
It might turn out another franchise QB that we didn't pick

Yeah no doubt they Missed on Brady, Rogers, Brees, Stafford, Ryan,Rothlessberger,Come on Man!! you really gonna cry about that?
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

Bowman can't be put in space. It's sad but he effectively is a backup player at this point. Get tartt to bulk up and bring foster back and the linebackers could be decent. Bench Goodwin. We need to let the young receivers play and see what we have.

We should trade staley for picks at the end of this year while he is still worth something. Overall great game to watch. No point in hoyer playing anymore though.

I see Bowman still having the great instincts that made hime an All-Pro linebacker. But it is obvious that at this point he is still struggling with the after effects of the knee and achilles injuries the ended his last two seasons. He appears just a step slower filling that hole, droping into coverage, coming up to make a tackle. It is possible he will be able to return to form by mid to late season. But even now he is our best linebacker. Remember it was going to be Ruben Foster, Bowman and Malcom Smith that would be the linebackers in the new 4-3 scheme. Bowman is the only one still playing. There IS no healthy linebacker currently on the roster better than him.
As for Staley, I wouldn't trade him unless I had someone on the roster who could quickly develop into a comparable tackle. And that person would be??? I rest my case. Draft choices are nice but we have seen many of our top picks turn out to be busts. When your team has as many personnel holes as our does, it is unwise to trade away a sure thing for a "might be".
Brooks getting sacks for the Packers
Share 49ersWebzone