There are 147 users in the forums

OLB Elijah Lee

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Heroism:
I wonder if Elijah Lee's development has any bearing on Bowman possibly being traded. I know the team loves Malcolm Smith and Reuben Foster, and if Lee is making strides, it makes the decision that much easier.

Was wondering the exact same thing about Lee after the Bowman news.
gotta see what you got if the starters aren't playing well.
Originally posted by NCommand:
FO is really high on this kid. They love him.

I had him mocked to us here:

5. Fourth round: Compensatory, 143 --- *WILL Elijah Lee

We met with him extensively and tried to get him as an UDFA too.

Yup, I liked this kid a lot coming out of college. Lee is exactly the type of athlete these systems want to develop and turn into starters. Maybe he's coming along.

MadDog also liked him a lot. I know that means something to people on here.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 13, 2017 at 1:07 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran

"We really like Elijah Lee"

So is he starting this game? Why hasn't he played yet? Or has he lol I don't recall seeing him
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
So is he starting this game? Why hasn't he played yet? Or has he lol I don't recall seeing him

He's a developmental player. Unless the injuries start piling, he likely won't see the field anytime soon.

He's a developmental player. Unless the injuries start piling, he likely won't see the field anytime soon.

So what are this kid's strengths? Just curious don't know much on him

In short, a long-limbed athlete that moves well in space. He has excellent range and speed from the ILB spot. He's raw and needs to be developed, but that's what these systems do. Find athletes and develop them.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 13, 2017 at 1:36 PM ]

In short, a long-limbed athlete that moves well in space. He has excellent range and speed from the ILB spot. He's raw and needs to be developed, but that's what these systems do. Find athletes and develop them.
looks like a safety

Anytime you have vets who've come back from not just one, but two major injuries, you have to protect your roster with quality b/u's. It's one of the things Lynch has done pretty well, IMHO. Much as I dearly love Navarro, he's clearly not the same player out there now...and never will be. It may well be time for Lee to show what he's got on the field. Coach/Lynch have to see under fire what they've got moving forward...where they need more help via both FA and the draft...who they'll keep, who they won't. etc. The NFL is a very tough business, so you always have look to improve your roster. There's an active roster vacancy, so let's see who fills it. I think Lee's got a good shot to be him.

He's been on special teams.
Originally posted by NCommand:
FO is really high on this kid. They love him.

I had him mocked to us here:

5. Fourth round: Compensatory, 143 --- *WILL Elijah Lee

We met with him extensively and tried to get him as an UDFA too.

Yup, I liked this kid a lot coming out of college. Lee is exactly the type of athlete these systems want to develop and turn into starters. Maybe he's coming along.

MadDog also liked him a lot. I know that means something to people on here.

Yeah, who's Big Board did you think I used? LOL
Originally posted by jcs:

Certainly looks like someone that the team should be encouraged about. Hopefully he can bring those skills to the next level. So many guys can't. They look great in college but just can't seem to make the leap
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
He's been on special teams.

This. He's been active every game since he's been here. I see him (#47) on ST getting down there and into the middle of things. Curious if he's going to be worked into some D snaps now that he's been here for a few weeks learning the system.
Share 49ersWebzone