LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

OLB Elijah Lee

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
I didn't say YOU did

who did? I looked back and didn't see anyone say he's on the level of Willis/Bow...did i miss it?

Some posts with some unrealistic expectations if you read them.

And again, as I said, if people think we could have a diamond in the rough with a rookie undrafted player, then I think there should be an upgrade out there for the o-line...
Don't ask me who...
Frankly that's the job of the front office and they should be getting people in weekly to try to upgrade our guard situation...
Not looking for pro bowl talent, just an upgrade..

An upgrade to the line that's looked like s**t for years...
A rebuild should not have to take years..

And as we keep getting told this is the 1st year of a rebuild..
where I and possibly a few others may have a problem with that is, we been getting told this for the past 3 years now...

Now let's draft a rookie QB next year (which I hope we draft a future star, even if we get the redskons star QB!) then let's get told that we have to give him 2-3 years to learn the KYLE's system ... as he's running for his life behind the o-line lol

They knew Ward can't stay healthy just like they knew our TE that was given an extension couldn't catch...(Vance lol)
There are options out there... are they pro bowl options? Nope, but they help put pieces in place to keep building or to fill in with better talent as we "build"..

You don't feel there's things that could have and should have been done a little different by Kyle/lynch..

I do...
I'm not gonna smile and agree with every move they make...
Some on here can.. I don't care.

It's ok to have different opinions..
And that's not a question

No need to reply.. we have different views and that's what makes the world-go-round!

And again, as I said, if people think we could have a diamond in the rough with a rookie undrafted player, then I think there should be an upgrade out there for the o-line...
Don't ask me who...
Frankly that's the job of the front office and they should be getting people in weekly to try to upgrade our guard situation...

where I and possibly a few others may have a problem with that is, we been getting told this for the past 3 years now...

Now let's draft a rookie QB next year (which I hope we draft a future star, even if we get the redskons star QB!) then let's get told that we have to give him 2-3 years to learn the KYLE's system ... as he's running for his life behind the o-line lol

They knew Ward can't stay healthy just like they knew our TE that was given an extension couldn't catch...(Vance lol)
There are options out there... are they pro bowl options? Nope, but they help put pieces in place to keep building or to fill in with better talent as we "build"..

You don't feel there's things that could have and should have been done a little different by Kyle/lynch..

I do...

No need to reply.. we have different views and that's what makes the world-go-round!

I did read them and nowhere is anyone saying he will be on the level of Willis like you said. He was a damn good college player, who did get drafted actually.

I mean do you know anything about him? 110 tackles 6.5 TFL 2 INTs a couple fumbles...I had him as a 4th rd comp pick and the only reason he dropped to the 7th was size and the fact that he didn't get invited to the combine (yet threw out some very good numbers his pro-day).

Why can't I ask you who regarding players we can get on the OL? oh by the way they did trade for a 1st rd OG but whatever right?

Also I'm not disagreeing, there's issues there on the interior, but instead of just complaining about it throw out some players...it's gonna be tough cause there an't s**t at this pt. There wasn't s**t in FA to begin with and the draft overall was garbage imo....Just about every team needs help on the OL as well.

We've had 4 different coaches in 4 yrs and FINALLY made a move at GM...please show me a team that had 4 different HCs and magically became good in one yr??? It's doesn't exist man...Baalke drafted like s**t for yrs and now they have to remove the players and find new ones which.takes.time. They signed six yr deals for a reason, this team was a dysfunctional trash pile when they got it.

If you honestly thought they were gonna be good this yr then you're the one with unrealistic expectations and you're fooling yourself.

And yes we most certainly don't have to agree on everything
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 15, 2017 at 9:35 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Dude sounds like cc and sus. Nobody is saying that. LOL.

And Zuttah hurt the worst. Former pro bowl C in this scheme...screwed us royal.

i had high hopes for that guy. cc to

Yeah, that was a crushing blow. All off season they badly wanted both Kilgore and Beadles out of the starting lineup and of course, with our luck, everything went just right for those two to start...again.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Yeah, that was a crushing blow. All off season they badly wanted both Kilgore and Beadles out of the starting lineup and of course, with our luck, everything went just right for those two to start...again.
then davis burns us back in the day. speaking of people you forget about ever on the team
then davis burns us back in the day. speaking of people you forget about ever on the team

Brandon Thomas...Iupati injuries then bolting, Newbury's knee, Boone holdout, etc.

We sure have crappy luck with our OL
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 15, 2017 at 10:42 AM ]

Don't ask me who...

I do...

I did read them and nowhere is anyone saying he will be on the level of Willis like you said. He was a damn good college player, who did get drafted actually.

I mean do you know anything about him? 110 tackles 6.5 TFL 2 INTs a couple fumbles...I had him as a 4th rd comp pick and the only reason he dropped to the 7th was size and the fact that he didn't get invited to the combine (yet threw out some very good numbers his pro-day).

Why can't I ask you who regarding players we can get on the OL? oh by the way they did trade for a 1st rd OG but whatever right?

Also I'm not disagreeing, there's issues there on the interior, but instead of just complaining about it throw out some players...it's gonna be tough cause there an't s**t at this pt. There wasn't s**t in FA to begin with and the draft overall was garbage imo....Just about every team needs help on the OL as well.

We've had 4 different coaches in 4 yrs and FINALLY made a move at GM...please show me a team that had 4 different HCs and magically became good in one yr??? It's doesn't exist man...Baalke drafted like s**t for yrs and now they have to remove the players and find new ones which.takes.time. They signed six yr deals for a reason, this team was a dysfunctional trash pile when they got it.

If you honestly thought they were gonna be good this yr then you're the one with unrealistic expectations and you're fooling yourself.

Don't ask me who...

I do...

Did you know Lee was available? Do you know which o-line and safety's and linebackers are available?
I'll admit I don't know. In fact I don't know who's on everyone's practice squad, or who NFL teams are willing to trade because this may surprise you but I don't work for the 49ers or any NFL team..

So it isn't my job to know who Is out there that can upgrade the roster with.. it's there job...

So keep asking me who's out there! Lol
I don't know... but neither do you.

And I could see if we were up against the cap and didn't have the means to upgrade the team, but, I don't see it that way at all..

I can have a strong opinion and keep pressing my opinion like some on here, but I understand it's an opinion so whatever...

Anyway, just curious.
What is your expectation for us winning a playoff game?
3 years from today? 4 years from today?

Brandon Thomas...Iupati injuries then bolting, Newbury's knee, Boone holdout, etc.

AAnd the Martin boys!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

AAnd the Martin boys!
god,. speaking of death and destruction. even when we were good team... we could not pass protect very well. our line has always been a mystery to me
Balke's Band Aids Devey and Pears!! Haha
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Izyniner:

oh my god.. and then the alleged head coach we had at the time.. thinking they were fine and we were fine and did nothing about it.

Did you know Lee was available? Do you know which o-line and safety's and linebackers are available?
I'll admit I don't know. In fact I don't know who's on everyone's practice squad, or who NFL teams are willing to trade because this may surprise you but I don't work for the 49ers or any NFL team..

So it isn't my job to know who Is out there that can upgrade the roster with.. it's there job...

So keep asking me who's out there! Lol
I don't know... but neither do you.

And I could see if we were up against the cap and didn't have the means to upgrade the team, but, I don't see it that way at all..

I can have a strong opinion and keep pressing my opinion like some on here, but I understand it's an opinion so whatever...

Anyway, just curious.
What is your expectation for us winning a playoff game?
3 years from today? 4 years from today?

I did know he was on th Vikings PS because he was one of the guys I like during the draft process...we also had intriguing him because we brought him in at some point before the draft.

How about you go look to see who we liked as far as OL goes and who we brought in during the draft process? That's a start... if you think we're gonna grab some PS OL and make him a starter well that's just not realistic ...OL isn't close to the same as a LBer man.

Like I said they traded for a former 1st rd pick at OG and kicked guys like pears/Martin to the curb. I don't think they planned on beadles being a starter and had Garnett pegged as the starter. I also think they had a plan to make either Kilgore/zutah the RG, but Zutah didn't want to play OG end of the day and failed to meet his pro-bowl expectations.

I honestly have no idea what your opinion is lol? My first comment was based off you saying people think Lee is the next Willis, which simply isn't true from what I read.

As far as being a playoff team...I have no idea we're heading into week 2 and have one of the youngest teams in football. Your guess is as good as mine at this pt.

This team isn't a extension of the past 2 yrs...yes we didn't throw up 30 on the panthers, but we're doing what we should have done after Harbs...hit the reset button.

Baalke was putting some s**tty logs under a bridge that was about to collapse instead of tearing it all down and starting fresh, that's what has happened over the past 6 months...gonna take time to build that bridge and that's what that possible $100 million in cap space a 5 top 100 picks are for next yr.
Originally posted by English:

AAnd the Martin boys!
god,. speaking of death and destruction. even when we were good team... we could not pass protect very well. our line has always been a mystery to me

Can't argue that!
Originally posted by Izyniner:

Worst combo ever.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 15, 2017 at 11:33 AM ]
I wonder if Elijah Lee's development has any bearing on Bowman possibly being traded. I know the team loves Malcolm Smith and Reuben Foster, and if Lee is making strides, it makes the decision that much easier.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I wonder if Elijah Lee's development has any bearing on Bowman possibly being traded. I know the team loves Malcolm Smith and Reuben Foster, and if Lee is making strides, it makes the decision that much easier.

FO is really high on this kid. They love him.

I had him mocked to us here:

5. Fourth round: Compensatory, 143 --- *WILL Elijah Lee

We met with him extensively and tried to get him as an UDFA too.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 13, 2017 at 12:41 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone