There are 138 users in the forums

OLB Elijah Lee

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
He's been pretty solid this season when given a opportunity to play. But I think they should still bring in either a rookie or second tier vet to compete with Lee.

Love Lee's fire and explosive speed. Might be a little undersized but this new nfl suites that. I think he has the potential to develop into a good starter for this team.
Originally posted by jcs:
He's been pretty solid this season when given a opportunity to play. But I think they should still bring in either a rookie or second tier vet to compete with Lee.

Love Lee's fire and explosive speed. Might be a little undersized but this new nfl suites that. I think he has the potential to develop into a good starter for this team.
Definitely. He's shown quite a bit of development from last year to the end of this year. I like the work the LBs coaches have done with our current core. I do think we need to find another LB in free agency or the draft though.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

Definitely. He's shown quite a bit of development from last year to the end of this year. I like the work the LBs coaches have done with our current core. I do think we need to find another LB in free agency or the draft though.

He actually lost weight to fit this scheme...for what that's worth.
  • bors
  • Veteran
So lee played the Will right

So we could go. Allen rookie at Sam
Warner in the middle and lee at will.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

He actually lost weight to fit this scheme...for what that's worth.

Isn't he 6'3? Guy doesn't look small on the field.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Isn't he 6'3? Guy doesn't look small on the field.

Yup...skinny legs though.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Heroism:
It shouldn't come as a surprise that the defense has been significantly better since Reuben got s**t canned and Malcolm Smith returned to form(aka injured). Lee has outplayed both of them at Will LB this season. Dude has the traits they like at WLB in this scheme, too. Don't sleep on him keeping the job.

(snipped)

You think the team will be fine with Lee in 2019 at WLB or do you think they should spend a day 2 pick at this position? It's a critical position in this defense so 'solid' is not good enough imo. I'd like a playmaker here.
Originally posted by thl408:
You think the team will be fine with Lee in 2019 at WLB or do you think they should spend a day 2 pick at this position? It's a critical position in this defense so 'solid' is not good enough imo. I'd like a playmaker here.

Look to upgrade for sure.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
BRUCE will be a good one.. the guy is smart and one of those players that just get the job done !!

Originally posted by NCommand:

liked him coming out of the draft (late rd prospect) I'd like to see him over Smith for sure
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Please don't tell me Malcolm Smith will still make the team.. PLEASSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE don't tell me we'll continue to waste more money on the guy..

" Bruce The Dragon " Lee here can still be developing and his production will be as good as Smith's and will cost us lesser as well..
Warner, Alexander and Lee would probably make the fastest LB corp
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

make that even THE MOST ATHLETIC BUNCH!!!
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

What's funny is Smith is the fastest of the bunch. Or was
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jul 9, 2019 at 1:10 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone