LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

OLB Elijah Lee

Shop 49ers game tickets
I hope he works out.

He must have potential since he always seems to land somewhere.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
One of my fav players in the draft, I think he can contribute at least on special teams, nice depth behind Armstrong..this move could turn out to be great..

Larry Krueger who does a lot of draft research thinks this guy will be getting a lot of playing time soon. He is really high on him.

For whatever that's worth.
Wouldn't be surprised with Froster out an extended period of time and Ray Ray missing so many tackles.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Just realized another rookie is on the 53 man roster. What is the record? We have to be close.

Top 5 Youngest Starting Lineups On Defense
TEAM AVERAGE AGE OLDEST STARTER YOUNGEST STARTER
OAK 25.27 Reggie Nelson (33) Marquel Lee (21)
PIT 25.18 Mike Mitchell (30) Artie Burns (22)
SF 24.91 Earl Mitchell (29) Rashard Robinson (22)
NO 24.10 Cameron Jordan (28) Marcus Williams (21)
CLE 24.00 Jamie Collins (27) Jabrill Peppers (21)
An overall look at the average age of

Defense is young

Top 5 Youngest Starting Lineups On Offense
LAR 26.00 Andrew Whitworth (35) Jared Goff (22)
JAX 25.91 Marcedes Lewis (33) Cam Robinson (21)
TB* 25.91 Demar Dotson (31) O.J. Howard (22)
SEA 25.55 Jimmy Graham (30) Chris Carson (22)
CLE 24.80 Joe Thomas (32) David Njoku (21)
Note: * Projected lineup

And we are still not even in top 5 youngest on offense, hard to believe
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Sep 13, 2017 at 1:17 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
One of my fav players in the draft, I think he can contribute at least on special teams, nice depth behind Armstrong..this move could turn out to be great..

Larry Krueger who does a lot of draft research thinks this guy will be getting a lot of playing time soon. He is really high on him.

Wouldn't be surprised with Froster out an extended period of time and Ray Ray missing so many tackles.

Agree, nice pick up, I hope he works out. .

Hope hes good enough to bench Ray-Ray. He's been a disappointment.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Just realized another rookie is on the 53 man roster. What is the record? We have to be close.

Top 5 Youngest Starting Lineups On Defense
OAK 25.27 Reggie Nelson (33) Marquel Lee (21)
PIT 25.18 Mike Mitchell (30) Artie Burns (22)
SF 24.91 Earl Mitchell (29) Rashard Robinson (22)
NO 24.10 Cameron Jordan (28) Marcus Williams (21)
CLE 24.00 Jamie Collins (27) Jabrill Peppers (21)
An overall look at the average age of

Defense is young

Top 5 Youngest Starting Lineups On Offense
LAR 26.00 Andrew Whitworth (35) Jared Goff (22)
JAX 25.91 Marcedes Lewis (33) Cam Robinson (21)
TB* 25.91 Demar Dotson (31) O.J. Howard (22)
SEA 25.55 Jimmy Graham (30) Chris Carson (22)
CLE 24.80 Joe Thomas (32) David Njoku (21)
Note: * Projected lineup

And we are still not even in top 5 youngest on offense, hard to believe

Our offense if full of veterans...it's a big part of why the 3 points we managed to score on Sunday is so disappointing.

Larry's comments from an early mock draft for 49ers:

3rd Round: The 49ers are desperate for athletic linebackers. They reached a Super Bowl with Patrick Willis and NaVorro Bowman at inside linebacker, and they need to find the superior athletes who can make plays, versus the run or pass, sideline to sideline. In round three I'm addressing that need with K-State's uber-athletic Elijah Lee. Lee is an explosive athlete who excels in space, and he totaled 110 tackles for the Wildcats this season. He's a first round athlete who will be available in round three due to perceived size limitations. I think he would project nicely as a 4-3 weakside linebacker. I could envision Lee starting next to Bowman this season.
How do practice squad acquisitions work? Can any team seek to sign any player off any teams practice squad? Can the player refuse to accept the offer if any team and stay on the initial practice squad? Can the original team block the acquisition?
Thanks for any feedback!
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
How do practice squad acquisitions work? Can any team seek to sign any player off any teams practice squad? Can the player refuse to accept the offer if any team and stay on the initial practice squad? Can the original team block the acquisition?
Thanks for any feedback!

You cant block it but the player has to accept it i believe.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Bulk up another 5-7 lbs to play MLB as well? Or pure WILL?

I think regardless he has to bulk up..he's athletic enough to back up every LB position..

Originally posted by ltrain:

3rd Round: The 49ers are desperate for athletic linebackers. They reached a Super Bowl with Patrick Willis and NaVorro Bowman at inside linebacker, and they need to find the superior athletes who can make plays, versus the run or pass, sideline to sideline. In round three I'm addressing that need with K-State's uber-athletic Elijah Lee. Lee is an explosive athlete who excels in space, and he totaled 110 tackles for the Wildcats this season. He's a first round athlete who will be available in round three due to perceived size limitations. I think he would project nicely as a 4-3 weakside linebacker. I could envision Lee starting next to Bowman this season.

How fortunate would that be if Lee proves to be a legit starter. Instant post Bowman plan set with Foster moving over to MIKE and Lee in as WILL for the future. Let's the stars align and fate be in our favor. May the gods be with us!!!!!!!!!!

Now only to wait for Sus to put his stamp.
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 13, 2017 at 2:11 PM ]

How fortunate would that be if Lee proves to be a legit starter. Instant post Bowman plan set with Foster moving over to MIKE and Lee in as WILL for the future. Let's the stars align and fate be in our favor. May the gods be with us!!!!!!!!!!

Ultimate best case scenario. We've been spoiled with good lb play for a decade, I want that to continue!
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Ultimate best case scenario. We've been spoiled with good lb play for a decade, I want that to continue!

I did think about this.. Without smith injury, foster doesn't develop at the rate he was, now he gets hurt; if Lee becomes somen thats god lol.

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Bulk up another 5-7 lbs to play MLB as well? Or pure WILL?

I think regardless he has to bulk up..he's athletic enough to back up every LB position..

Hope to get a gem or a solid backup in the process of no Foster.
Love the pick up. Wish we take he teammate willis but got scooped up
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Long odds of that happening, but it's possible. I like his size and his supposed range. Saleh is a linebacker coach, so I would think he'd know where he'd fit in this team if Elijah proves his mettle on special teams. It's tough to lose Reuben, but next man up. We're playing Seadderall next so I'm expecting some next man up situations up there this sunday.
Share 49ersWebzone