LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

OLB Elijah Lee

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Can he play SAM LB for us??, ANYTHING but this Nchezko-Joker!!,, soft, wasn't setting edge, missed tackles, nothing special.

Yeah he had a bad day for sure!
Can he play SAM LB for us??, ANYTHING but this Nchezko-Joker!!,, soft, wasn't setting edge, missed tackles, nothing special.

Probably but not ideal for him. He was 229 lbs coming out, which about where they like their inside LBs in this scheme. Need to be stout at SAM.

Nzeocha was bad. I bet people missed Eli when Nzeocha whiffed on that open-field tackle with some of the worst open-field tackling form you'll ever see.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 19, 2018 at 11:03 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Probably but not ideal for him. He was 229 lbs coming out, which about where they like their inside LBs in this scheme. Need to be stout at SAM.

Nzeocha was bad. I bet people missed Eli when Nzeocha whiffed on that open-field tackle with some of the worst open-field tackling form you'll ever see.

He was terrible! We would have been better off with 10 men on the field.

Totally. He has those chicken legs. He still needs a full year in the weight room at least. Good depth at WILL but still has a ways to go.
I feel like this kid needs to play a little more...he's actually played better then Foster this yr
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I feel like this kid needs to play a little more...he's actually played better then Foster this yr

Facts. Hopefully Saleh doesn't just split him and Malcolm at WILL again but let's Lee continue to play and develop.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Facts. Hopefully Saleh doesn't just split him and Malcolm at WILL again but let's Lee continue to play and develop.

Agree we need to see what he along with these other young guys have over the last 6 weeks. Especially now that a Foster is done we need to see what we have at LB
Lee is a finesse coverage linebacker but he does have upside. Wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for him to become a quality starter but he's definitely going to have to improve on being assignment sound and playing the right gaps.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Lee is a finesse coverage linebacker but he does have upside. Wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for him to become a quality starter but he's definitely going to have to improve on being assignment sound and playing the right gaps.

Yeah, you don't want him playing the MIKE or SAM; much better fit for WILL.

Those who played the WILL this year:
Foster - 42.9 PFF grade
Smith - 61.2
Lee - 66.4

solid game by Lee

Good to know. That really speaks to what's required from that WILL spot. God, that's SS weight. I wonder how he would have done on the Lockett TD if he was in there instead of Malcolm Smith. He'd have to recognize it first.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 9, 2018 at 6:59 PM ]
solid game by Lee

This
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
solid game by Lee

This

X3
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally: