LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

OLB Elijah Lee

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jcs
  • Veteran
http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-march-15

"Outside linebacker Elijah Lee, one of the bigger combine snubs on our board, had a terrific workout.

Measuring 6025 and 229 pounds, Lee completed 18 reps on the bench, touched 38 inches in the vertical jump and reached 10-foot-2 in the broad jump. His 40 time clocked 4.65s, the short shuttle came in at 4.27s and his three-cone was 6.91s.

After the workout, Lee spent extensive time with the Miami Dolphins and Minnesota Vikings as well as the Arizona Cardinals. Lee has an official predraft visit on his schedule with the Minnesota Vikings and a workout with the Detroit Lions.

We originally stamped Lee as a potential fourth-round choice but moved him down a bit since the combine snub. No legitimate reason was given for not inviting Lee, who is one of the better 4-3 weak side linebackers in the draft, to the combine. He makes a lot of sense in the middle rounds for the Vikings, who lack depth at weakside linebacker."
Originally posted by jcs:

"Outside linebacker Elijah Lee, one of the bigger combine snubs on our board, had a terrific workout.

Measuring 6025 and 229 pounds, Lee completed 18 reps on the bench, touched 38 inches in the vertical jump and reached 10-foot-2 in the broad jump. His 40 time clocked 4.65s, the short shuttle came in at 4.27s and his three-cone was 6.91s.

After the workout, Lee spent extensive time with the Miami Dolphins and Minnesota Vikings as well as the Arizona Cardinals. Lee has an official predraft visit on his schedule with the Minnesota Vikings and a workout with the Detroit Lions.

We originally stamped Lee as a potential fourth-round choice but moved him down a bit since the combine snub. No legitimate reason was given for not inviting Lee, who is one of the better 4-3 weak side linebackers in the draft, to the combine. He makes a lot of sense in the middle rounds for the Vikings, who lack depth at weakside linebacker."

Yup...had us taking him in the 5th and we met with him. Quality depth at WILL.
I liked this kid leading up to the draft. Undersized but athletic. He's the type of athlete they like in these schemes.
Already better than Eli Harold
Be nice if we had some good luck for a change. Even nicer if this kid came thru for us. Not that we aren't short on LBs, but if he has talent, it would be sweet.
Originally posted by miked1978:

They play different positions.
Originally posted by jcs:

I like this move

That's like saying he's better that ward lol...they don't play the same positions
Insider Ian Rapoport says he thinks Lee's a better player than Armstrong...he was All Big 12 1st team with 110 tackles at Kan St. I like it.
Originally posted by Heroism:

They play different positions.

Doesn't matter because if they did play the same position he'd still be better.

One of my fav players in the draft, I think he can contribute at least on special teams, nice depth behind Armstrong..this move could turn out to be great..
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
yay more rookie scrubs
Just realized another rookie is on the 53 man roster. What is the record? We have to be close.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
One of my fav players in the draft, I think he can contribute at least on special teams, nice depth behind Armstrong..this move could turn out to be great..

Bulk up another 5-7 lbs to play MLB as well? Or pure WILL?
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Sep 13, 2017 at 12:59 PM ]
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Larry Krueger who does a lot of draft research thinks this guy will be getting a lot of playing time soon. He is really high on him.

For whatever that's worth.
Share 49ersWebzone