LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

Week 1 2017: Thoughts after watching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I cannot stand Tim Ryan, he is the worst.

Last year he kept talking about how the 49ers had a plan and he knew whatbthenplan was but would not share the plan with the fans listening to him being interviewed.
And, he has a dumb voice.

I like him, but to be honest, he is way too much of a homer. Kinda like a lot of people on the webzone too, so its just whatever. Can't really dog on guys for being optimistic, I guess.

He went to the mat defending Baalke and Jed and "The Plan" last year.

He works for the team on their flagship radio station. He gets paid to entertain people throughout a broadcast. He has to show some love to the team some times or he'd just sound like he was always dogging the team for their crappy play. He gets really pissed when the screw up. lol

Also I've heard most games on the radio and have never heard him talk about "The Plan" before. What is this interview you mentioned?

He talked about it last year on one of the local sports talk shows, maybe more than one. It must have been on KNBR. Thinking back, I think he was actually defending Jed and his plan. I am pretty sure he kept talking about the great plan all through the past offseason. I do not think I have ever used the term Jedbot but that would definitely describe Ryan last year.
Someone else must remember.

That plan he was talking about was in January when we were waiting on the GM/HC hires, and in retrospect I'm pretty sure he was hinting at the new GM/HC combo getting a very long time to rebuild.

I am talking about the off-season prior to last season. When they hired Kelly, terrible assistants and picked Gabbert as the FQB.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Best thread ive read since pre-game Panthers game easy lol.

Just cause someone exposed their gross balls and body doesnt mean the party has to end lol.

We gotta put up 10 pts atleast in the 1st half VS SEA. 14 and ill be happy. A lead will be huge in that loud ass stadium to give us a shot.

We gotta truly get to Wilson and dominate their weak OL. Hoping that leads to a first half turnover and we can put up some points. Good game to learn from early, i think the team will be up to the challenge.

I genuinely believe our front 7 has an advantage over their o-line, so hopefully we can disrupt their offense. Problem is their d-line is probably going to wreck our o-line. Staley and Brown should hold their own on the edges, but Richardson and Bennett rushing from the interior in passing downs is a big problem.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Best thread ive read since pre-game Panthers game easy lol.

Just cause someone exposed their gross balls and body doesnt mean the party has to end lol.

We gotta put up 10 pts atleast in the 1st half VS SEA. 14 and ill be happy. A lead will be huge in that loud ass stadium to give us a shot.

We gotta truly get to Wilson and dominate their weak OL. Hoping that leads to a first half turnover and we can put up some points. Good game to learn from early, i think the team will be up to the challenge.

I genuinely believe our front 7 has an advantage over their o-line, so hopefully we can disrupt their offense. Problem is their d-line is probably going to wreck our o-line. Staley and Brown should hold their own on the edges, but Richardson and Bennett rushing from the interior in passing downs is a big problem.

None of their edge rushers had any success against Brown. So they finally moved Bennett way out wide at 9. If Kyle sees that on tape, there could be huge running lanes inside between Brown and Fusco on a seal block and with Juice clearing the lane.
Originally posted by NCommand:
None of their edge rushers had any success against Brown. So they finally moved Bennett way out wide at 9. If Kyle sees that on tape, there could be huge running lanes inside between Brown and Fusco on a seal block and with Juice clearing the lane.

Originally posted by defenderDX:

Always spot on on your gifs.

Last year he kept talking about how the 49ers had a plan and he knew whatbthenplan was but would not share the plan with the fans listening to him being interviewed.

I like him, but to be honest, he is way too much of a homer. Kinda like a lot of people on the webzone too, so its just whatever. Can't really dog on guys for being optimistic, I guess.

He works for the team on their flagship radio station. He gets paid to entertain people throughout a broadcast. He has to show some love to the team some times or he'd just sound like he was always dogging the team for their crappy play. He gets really pissed when the screw up. lol

Also I've heard most games on the radio and have never heard him talk about "The Plan" before. What is this interview you mentioned?

He talked about it last year on one of the local sports talk shows, maybe more than one. It must have been on KNBR. Thinking back, I think he was actually defending Jed and his plan. I am pretty sure he kept talking about the great plan all through the past offseason. I do not think I have ever used the term Jedbot but that would definitely describe Ryan last year.

That plan he was talking about was in January when we were waiting on the GM/HC hires, and in retrospect I'm pretty sure he was hinting at the new GM/HC combo getting a very long time to rebuild.

I am talking about the off-season prior to last season. When they hired Kelly, terrible assistants and picked Gabbert as the FQB.

Oh. Well in that case the plan was to trust Baalke to get back to 2011 offseason form. Obviously that plan failed.

Oh. Well in that case the plan was to trust Baalke to get back to 2011 offseason form. Obviously that plan failed.

Was the plan to hire Chip Kelly, promote a failed TE coach to DC, and pass on picking a QB to roll with Gabbert?
There was no plan and that is why Tim Ryan would never elaborate any more than "Jed has a plan, I know the plan, you will see the plan."
Bring back Eric Davis!
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Always spot on on your gifs.

Originally posted by Marvin49:
On that second question I ask the same question every year. If the implication is that I think I'm special or something, I REALLY don't.

Every year some poster comes along and says something similar and I tell people I'd be fine to stop posting these threads every game and I'm always told to keep going. No biggy. I'm just a longtime Niners fan who started these threads several years ago and people seem to enjoy them and use the space to converse on Niners topics of the week.

There are Niners fans here in the 'zone who know MUCH more about the Xs and Os than I and if peeps want me to stop posting these threads I'd be happy to oblige. For some reason though there are some who seem to view something that started out as something I do for fun as some kind of vanity exercise. Its really not.

Honestly though, I always wonder why the people who complain even care. If you don't like it, don't read it. Not all that complicated.

Peace. :D
Well I personally really enjoy your comments Marvin. I believe you are well informed, logical, reasonable, and accurate. I hope you keep writing.

Well, kyle is a tape hog, so i doubt he missed that. Pretty obvious. I also hope he knows before gametime, that hoyer is going to have 2 seconds, no more to get the ball away. He is very capable of doing that. But everything initially is going to have to happen quick. Do that and we can then use the playbook. But early on it better be quick and quicker. And as for runs, rare initially. Our OL just cant' block for runs, at least G-C-G runs. Forget those initially, They won't happen. Try and break them with quick stuff early. Then a little later run around Trenton...or at least try.

Had really high hopes for Solomon Thomas with all the work he did was DeMarcus Ware and Warren Sapp when he wasn't able to participate in minicamps and OTA's. So far, like the run stopping ability, but he needs to generate some pass rush for this defense to succeed.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Had really high hopes for Solomon Thomas with all the work he did was DeMarcus Ware and Warren Sapp when he wasn't able to participate in minicamps and OTA's. So far, like the run stopping ability, but he needs to generate some pass rush for this defense to succeed.

To be positive, at least we got better on the one that just killed us...run D. Hopefully the pass D (means pass rush) comes around...we had to get the run stopped first. I believe we are now 23rd.

They should just stop playing him as an Edge Rusher. No clue why they're even bothering. I've been saying it wasn't going to work since February. He's an interior guy.

Put him on the inside, and let Armstead/Lynch flail around at the edge doing nothing.

They should just stop playing him as an Edge Rusher. No clue why they're even bothering. I've been saying it wasn't going to work since February. He's an interior guy.

Put him on the inside, and let Armstead/Lynch flail around at the edge doing nothing.

I think the thought is that he'll improve on the edge with seasoning. David Shaw stated during the draft that the plan for Solomons next season at Stanford is to do with him exactly what SF is doing.

They aren't going to win anything this year, so I really have no issue finding out if he has the chops to be a good outside pass rush player.

Remember...it took Aldon Smith several weeks before he got his first sack but finished the year with 12 as a non-starter and then had 19 in year 2. Solomon is a completely different player, but don't give up on him as pass rusher because we haven't seen it yet.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Sep 14, 2017 at 4:11 PM ]
Good thought Marvin. I wrote early on that it may not look good on paper, but Saleh and Kyle have the entire yr to figure out what the best line with Solly, DeFo, and AA would be., There is undoubtedly one way in which it works best and then you have to figure out who is the 4th guy....DJ, Dooms, Lynch, Pita, et al. And then you put the BiG 3 plus the best fit from the remainder, and wah la. You have it. But guessing who goes where is going to take some games to figure what works best. And there will be one way that does work best. But it probably won't be the way they start out. If so, luck of the Irish.
Share 49ersWebzone