There are 203 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2017 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Our interior got destroyed. I'm not a Hoyer fan at all, and have rode him pretty hard this week. After seeing some these plays I have to give him a little more rope. Kilgore and Beadles are horrible.
  • thl408
This play has to be highlighted because it was a great play and should never be forgotten. I couldn't believe my eyes when it happened. 49ers are in Cover3 but seem to have their outside CBs matched up in man. CAR will use 6 man protection and just run two vertical routes up the field. Not much to be said in terms of route combination.

After a playfake, Cam reaches back and launches one. The snapshot is taken just as the ball has left Cam's hand. At this point, Tartt has to track the ball off the hand, and take the best angle he can to the ball - the straightest path possible.

It looks like Tartt kind of stumbles when flipping his hips, but he took a very straight path.

I hope this play got air time on SportsCenter/NFLN this week because it deserves it.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by northoakland510:
Our interior got destroyed. I'm not a Hoyer fan at all, and have rode him pretty hard this week. After seeing some these plays I have to give him a little more rope. Kilgore and Beadles are horrible.

I agree, ShanaLynch has to give this some attention in the next offseason cycle. I think they can address this mostly via free agency. I.e free agent guards, but I'd like a really solid draft pick for that center position. (or at least a very highly regarded free agent) I think this offense can be even more consistent and have good yardage in the ground game and will be really tough against disciplined defenses like New England and Carolina with a very good all pro kind of center.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Giedi:

I agree, ShanaLynch has to give this some attention in the next offseason cycle. I think they can address this mostly via free agency. I.e free agent guards, but I'd like a really solid draft pick for that center position. (or at least a very highly regarded free agent) I think this offense can be even more consistent and have good yardage in the ground game and will be really tough against disciplined defenses like New England and Carolina with a very good all pro kind of center.
Agreed about using free agency. Invade the Giants OL for Justin Pugh or Weston Richberg, both pending FAs. Either one would instantly boost the 49ers. With how underdeveloped college OLmen are, the best way to improve OL is to go FA.

Weston Richburg
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:

Agreed about using free agency. Invade the Giants OL for Justin Pugh or Weston Richberg, both pending FAs. Either one would instantly boost the 49ers. With how underdeveloped college OLmen are, the best way to improve OL is to go FA.

I'd love it if we can land those players you mentioned. 100 million cap space says we got at least a 75% or more chance to do so. And thanks again for all your hard work, and Johnny Dell's and all the other football nerds on this board that feeds my niner addiction. Why take drugs when you can have fantastic discussions on football X's and O's with you guys! My day goes fast when reading all your's, JD's posts, and the other posts - It's hard to get any work done. :-D

Andrew Norwell from Panthers should be a consideration as well.

It's a beautiful play by Tartt. Chased that one down and stole a TD from Cam/Benjamin.

I think he got played on the sideline miss tackled.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 15, 2017 at 11:27 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

It's a beautiful play by Tartt. Chased that one down and stole a TD from Cam/Benjamin.

I think this is an indication of how good our GM is in looking at safety talent. Maybe I'm speaking too soon, and we'll get blown up on Seadderall, but personally, if Tartt continues to make plays like this, I think our GM has to be given some credit for getting the players he thinks can play that position.
Did we ever figure out who blew the 40 yard TD pass? Was it Tartt or Johnson?

I think this is an indication of how good our GM is in looking at safety talent. Maybe I'm speaking too soon, and we'll get blown up on Seadderall, but personally, if Tartt continues to make plays like this, I think our GM has to be given some credit for getting the players he thinks can play that position.

Ahmm.....Lynch didn't draft Tartt and Tartt didn't exactly shine out there outside that play.

SEA & SF have got to have the worst interior OL in the NFL

Maybe it's the evolution of the FS position with the new NFL hit rules. Maybe it's less about blowing up the receivers and be the enforcer, but having the instinct and the range to play the ball.

I hope this play got air time on SportsCenter/NFLN this week because it deserves it.

it didn't.

are you up-to-date on who our GM is? lol
[ Edited by defenderDX on Sep 15, 2017 at 12:07 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone