There are 221 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2017 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by thl408:
any of you guys care to break this stuff down?

regarding his footwork. he seems to start off with his right foot back now before the snap, not his left like in the video

anything about the video in general you like or find interesting?
I like how they're working on shortening all motion and compacting the footwork to speed everything up. It's like when I'm teaching guitar and bass I teach my students to lift their fingers as minimally off the fretboard as they can to learn to keep everything as close as possible to keep speed up.

Same idea. It makes me happy because CK's release and footwork never improved in this area. He always elongated everything in his throwing motion.
It's good that he's the type to seek out individual coaching. I wonder if he'll be doing that this offseason. This type of throw across the body is what he was working on in that video. So good.

regarding his footwork. he seems to start off with his right foot back now before the snap, not his left like in the video

I like how they're working on shortening all motion and compacting the footwork to speed everything up. It's like when I'm teaching guitar and bass I teach my students to lift their fingers as minimally off the fretboard as they can to learn to keep everything as close as possible to keep speed up.

Same idea. It makes me happy because CK's release and footwork never improved in this area. He always elongated everything in his throwing motion.
It's good that he's the type to seek out individual coaching. I wonder if he'll be doing that this offseason. This type of throw across the body is what he was working on in that video. So good.

the order in which leg he pushes off with on his dropback just confuses me. most right-handed QB's do it the opposite way
  • thl408
the order in which leg he pushes off with on his dropback just confuses me. most right-handed QB's do it the opposite way
I just watched a few snaps from this weekend's games. Matt Ryan and Brady do what Jimmy does (left foot is forward in shotgun). Ben R and Brees have their right foot forward. Don't know what that means.
I just watched a few snaps from this weekend's games. Matt Ryan and Brady do what Jimmy does (left foot is forward in shotgun). Ben R and Brees have their right foot forward. Don't know what that means.

yeah im not sure what the science is behind it or the pro's and cons

FYI. He's been working with that QB coach in the video since his last year of high school... Pretty sure he'll continue the work
Have you guys ever seen this before? OZ on the right, pass sets on the left. Kyle should definitely borrow this and add to it.

[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 13, 2018 at 1:49 PM ]
  • thl408
Hah. Way to screw with the defenders' reads. Such a wide split by the DL.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Have you guys ever seen this before? OZ on the right, pass sets on the left. Kyle should definitely borrow this and add to it.

That's a whole lot of s**t for gaining 7yds
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 13, 2018 at 2:25 PM ]
  • thl408
What's the down and distance there, like 3rd & 10+? #52 was all confused. Saw the pass set and dropped into coverage.
Would've bust it up if he'd made a sharper cut upfield

I love how one LB reads high hat, the other reads low hat lmao. Deadly against teams that use wide splits(cough, Saleh in nickel). There are so many wrinkles you can add to that play. A wing to wrap or kick(like split zone), jet action to get the defense flowing harder, RPO wrinkle, etc.

What's the down and distance there, like 3rd & 10+? #52 was all confused. Saw the pass set and dropped into coverage.

[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 13, 2018 at 2:43 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

That's a whole lot of s**t for gaining 7yds

Terrible vision by Ajayi.
I love how one LB reads high hat, the other reads low hat lmao. Deadly against teams that use wide splits(cough, Saleh in nickel). There are so many wrinkles you can add to that play. A wing to wrap or kick(like split zone), jet action to get the defense flowing harder, RPO wrinkle, etc.

Easy to blow up: blitz up the middle.
Share 49ersWebzone