LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

49ers Cuts Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
The unofficial depth chart lists Adrian Colbert on IR. Did I miss something? Thought he was cut

waived-injured, reverted to IR will get an injury settlement same as Poindexter and Lauderdale most likely.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
The unofficial depth chart lists Adrian Colbert on IR. Did I miss something? Thought he was cut

IdK but get his ass outta here!
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by elguapo:
I think the reason we kept K Smith at TE is bc Seattle would of claimed him. They have 0 tes. Glad we kept him. Wish we kept d Moore and cut Toilolo

Just the opposite. Toilolo is going to give you over 600 snaps a year in key run blocking for Breida and Coleman. K.Smith, if he's even active at all there's been big injuries to the TE group. Plus, he's mostly just a slow contested catch seam route TE.

But yeah, f**k Seattle.

According to a Matt Barrows tweet a week or two ago, Smith is looking like more than that. MB said he was showing good route integrity as well as strong blocking power. Improving daily. Called his worth his draft slot.

I would think Smith would be a lot more valuable to Seattleand other teams then a player like Toilolo. That is the reason why I think he is the expendable one, not so much about snaps. It's more potential when we already know with the other guy he's just a blocking tight end and that's it. Either way I think we cock blocked Seattle
[ Edited by elguapo on Sep 3, 2019 at 5:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NCommand:
It's possible but Toilolo is probably the best run blocking TE in the game and fully knows Kyle's system. He was a lock. Celek was rarely used as a pass catcher. Kyle is always about establishing the run first and the #2 TE snaps and role confirm that to date.

That's not to say Smith or Dwelley couldn't get to that blocking level some day and add far more as a receiver though. It's just a matter of 'when.'

Smith as a rookie is already a pretty good blocker. I don't think the gap between him and Toilolo in terms of blocking is nearly as wide as the gap between Smith and Toilolo in terms of receiving ability. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Toilolo winds up on the street with Smith taking over his role later on in the season.

I endorse this message whole heartedly. I would really like to get rid of Toilolo or beathard for D Moore
Share 49ersWebzone