LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 389 users in the forums

OL Laken Tomlinson, signs with NYJ

Shop 49ers game tickets
add LT to the list of 5th round gold, he was traded from the Lions for a 5th rounder
Lake has really stepped it up in the playoffs for sure!
Originally posted by Heroism:
Dude has elevated his game in the postseason. Every time I focus on him he's taking some DL's soul.

Larry Allen reicarnate Lite
Dude has elevated his game in the postseason. Every time I focus on him he's taking some DL's soul.

This. His M.O. is flashes of greatness followed by WTF moments, or one good game followed by a poor game. But these past, really, three games, he's played consistently very well. And that is HUGE for us. I'm sure he and the whole OL are elevating their game for Staley too. And that's a beautiful thing. I haven't see dominant playoff run blocking like this since Ricky Watters had 5 TD's against the Giants.
He traps well.
I was just saying this. LOL

• 9moon
  • Veteran
SCREW JOE !!!

JUST WIN THE SUPER BOWL !!!

GO NINERSSSSSS !!!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
SCREW JOE !!!

GO NINERSSSSSS !!!!

Originally posted by NCommand:
I was just saying this. LOL

SCREW JOE !!!

GO NINERSSSSSS !!!!

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
SCREW JOE !!!

GO NINERSSSSSS !!!!

He's still mad that Staley is starting and balling out.

This. His M.O. is flashes of greatness followed by WTF moments, or one good game followed by a poor game. But these past, really, three games, he's played consistently very well. And that is HUGE for us. I'm sure he and the whole OL are elevating their game for Staley too. And that's a beautiful thing. I haven't see dominant playoff run blocking like this since Ricky Watters had 5 TD's against the Giants.

What the hell have you been watching? Laken has been solid since he has been here. Get out of here with that b******t propaganda
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

What the hell have you been watching? Laken has been solid since he has been here. Get out of here with that b******t propaganda

Nah, Laken has had some WTF moments this season, but I don't think it was entirely his fault. He's played with 3 different players to his left (Staley, Skule, Brunskill) and 2 different players to his right (Richburg, Garland). This can create some confusion in assignments and zone protections, which results in some WTF plays.

But all things considered, Laken is a f**king steal for us and it's representative of the 49ers roster building process.

2nd rd pick for a franchise QB? Steal.

5th rd pick for a top 15 LG? Steal.

Budget buy top 5 CB in FA? Steal.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Derp.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Nah, Laken has had some WTF moments this season, but I don't think it was entirely his fault. He's played with 3 different players to his left (Staley, Skule, Brunskill) and 2 different players to his right (Richburg, Garland). This can create some confusion in assignments and zone protections, which results in some WTF plays.

But all things considered, Laken is a f**king steal for us and it's representative of the 49ers roster building process.

2nd rd pick for a franchise QB? Steal.

5th rd pick for a top 15 LG? Steal.

Budget buy top 5 CB in FA? Steal.

Yes we tend to forget the trades when we review their drafting and free agency signings. I had grave doubts about Tomlinson but it would appear that I was totally wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone