Tickets49ers vs. Chiefs in Super Bowl LIV Buy49ers NFC Champions and Super Bowl LIV gear

There are 359 users in the forums

49ers trade for OL Laken Tomlinson

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Ian Rapoport:

Terms: The #Lions trade guard Laken Tomlinson to the #49ers for a 5th rounder in 2019, sources tell @MikeGarafolo and me.
Is he any good? Former first round pick in 2015. How has he played? Has he been a bust or been ok?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Former 1st round pick I think. The Lions don't exactly have a worldbeater OL, interesting move.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Is he any good? Former first round pick in 2015. How has he played? Has he been a bust or been ok?

He was a draft crush of many of us, and the 9ers staff member knew him from Detroit. I think this is a STEAL...... A fifth round draft pick in 2019, a player who has a few years left on his contract and get a fifth year option, LYNCH you rock.
  • thl408
Lynch addressing OG with a youngun with upside. This guy has 1st round pedigree. OL takes time to develop. Maybe this is a bargain deal.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/03/29/lions-arent-writing-off-laken-tomlinson/99759356/
When the Detroit Lions signed T.J. Lang this offseason, it appeared to be a significant blow to Laken Tomlinson's future with the club.
Tomlinson, a first-round pick in 2015, lost his starting left guard job to rookie Graham Glasgow last season. The belief was Tomlinson might be a better fit on the right side, where he played in college at Duke, but the addition of Lang eliminated that possibility.
[ Edited by thl408 on Aug 31, 2017 at 9:30 AM ]
Is he a guard center combo?
He was drafted in the 1st-round in 2015 but he's been massively disappointing based on what I've read from Lions' fans. Started 24 out of 32 games.

There's a reason we only had to give up a 5th-round pick in 2019 to get him.
Originally posted by thl408:
Lynch addressing OG with a youngun with upside. This guy has 1st round pedigree. OL takes time to develop. Maybe this is a bargain deal.

I love this deal. And since it's with Detroit, you know it's a huge win for us.

#Kerley
  • Kolohe
Welp, this guy makes it. I don't see them giving up a pick just to cut him after one preseason game.
Love it. He is an ideal straight ahead mauling power run blocking guard.

LT- Joe Staley / Garry Gilliam
LG- Zane Beadles
C- Daniel Kilgore / Tim Barnes
RG- Laken Tomlinson / Brandon Fusco
RT- Trent Brown

When Josh Garnett comes back we could have the making of a real nice Oline.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Aug 31, 2017 at 9:36 AM ]

• jcs
  • Veteran
Started 24 games in the NFL. Smart player with two degrees. Signed through 2018 making around 2.3 million over the next two seasons.
  • Kolohe
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
He was drafted in the 1st-round in 2015 but he's been massively disappointing based on what I've read from Lions' fans. Started 24 out of 32 games.

What type of blocking scheme does Detroit run?
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

He was a draft crush of many of us, and the 9ers staff member knew him from Detroit. I think this is a STEAL...... A fifth round draft pick in 2019, a player who has a few years left on his contract and get a fifth year option, LYNCH you rock.

Same here. Wanted him on day 2 but Lions took him before then.
Low risk/ high reward trade
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Wow, if it's true he's a good zone blocker. More depth at O Line! I'm thinking they really want to keep Hoyer healthy this year!
Share 49erswebzone