LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 329 users in the forums

The Raheem "The joy of a dream" Mostert thread!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Where the f**k have you been?!
was suspened at first, then didn't feel like coming back till now after Homer hit me up not too long ago.

You didn't come back for the god damn super bowl miracle year?
im here for the revenge tour
Quick little thread

• Furlow
  • Veteran
was suspened at first, then didn't feel like coming back till now after Homer hit me up not too long ago.

Good to see you back

Same.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

You didn't come back for the god damn super bowl miracle year?
im here for the revenge tour

cheers to that.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
1,500+ yards from scrimmage this season.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Kyle's Frank Gore 2.0 (some have compared him to Tyrell Davis) I'm excited to see him play this year too.
This guy is very vocal now and really coming out of his shell
  • thl408

Really good examples of how well he sets up his blocks.
So smooth, looks like he's gliding when he runs, and it's not just speed with his sneaky power.
I think he can improve on his read and vision even more going into his 2nd year as starter. What make him so good is the ability to not lose a lot of speed when shake and bake.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Quick little thread

I'm amazed Kuechly was still out there, because weren't we up like almost 40 at that time?
  • thl408
From a recent The Athletic article:
https://theathletic.com/1858822/2020/06/09/the-49ers-evolving-run-game-just-how-good-is-raheem-mostert/
Mostert's defense-adjusted value over average (DVOA) led all NFL running backs by a wide margin. DVOA, a stat from Football Outsiders, weighs the significance of yardage (a 4-yard gain on third-and-3 scores better than a 4-yard gain on third-and-5, for example). Meanwhile, Mostert's success rate (SR) — a Football Outsiders' measure of how consistently a positive play was attained based on down and distance — ranked ninth of 45 qualifying running backs.

Through a formula based on missed tackles forced and yards averaged after contact, elusive rating strives to separate a runner's performance from factors outside his control.
The formula: (Missed tackles Forced) / (designed run attempts + receptions) * (yards after contact per attempt * 100).
Mostert's elusive rating of 86.3 was third best among qualifying NFL backs, behind only the Raiders' Josh Jacobs and the Browns' Nick Chubb.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
From a recent The Athletic article:
https://theathletic.com/1858822/2020/06/09/the-49ers-evolving-run-game-just-how-good-is-raheem-mostert/
Mostert's defense-adjusted value over average (DVOA) led all NFL running backs by a wide margin. DVOA, a stat from Football Outsiders, weighs the significance of yardage (a 4-yard gain on third-and-3 scores better than a 4-yard gain on third-and-5, for example). Meanwhile, Mostert's success rate (SR) — a Football Outsiders' measure of how consistently a positive play was attained based on down and distance — ranked ninth of 45 qualifying running backs.

Through a formula based on missed tackles forced and yards averaged after contact, elusive rating strives to separate a runner's performance from factors outside his control.
The formula: (Missed tackles Forced) / (designed run attempts + receptions) * (yards after contact per attempt * 100).
Mostert's elusive rating of 86.3 was third best among qualifying NFL backs, behind only the Raiders' Josh Jacobs and the Browns' Nick Chubb.
Those stats might not really apply in Mosterts case. Personally, I think Raheem is more of a scheme RB vs a RB that could play in any system. Stick him in a man blocking or maybe a power running offense, and he might not do so well. (sort of like the Montana great in WCO, would not have done well in an Air Coryell offense). One reason is that he has just tremendous speed. Kyle's whole offense is based on speed vs other offenses that are based on power. Frank Gore and Carlos Hyde wouldn't have done as well in Kyle's offense as Mostert did (for example) in last year's Greenbay playoff game. That performance was historic.

Give Kyle a RB that can qualify for the Olympics in sprinting, and you've got a guy that can play in Kyles offense.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Giedi:
Those stats might not really apply in Mosterts case. Personally, I think Raheem is more of a scheme RB vs a RB that could play in any system. Stick him in a man blocking or maybe a power running offense, and he might not do so well. (sort of like the Montana great in WCO, would not have done well in an Air Coryell offense). One reason is that he has just tremendous speed. Kyle's whole offense is based on speed vs other offenses that are based on power. Frank Gore and Carlos Hyde wouldn't have done as well in Kyle's offense as Mostert did (for example) in last year's Greenbay playoff game. That performance was historic.

Give Kyle a RB that can qualify for the Olympics in sprinting, and you've got a guy that can play in Kyles offense.

That stats are based off his performance. We can say the sample size isn't large but I'm not sure what you mean by the stats might not apply.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Giedi:

That stats are based off his performance. We can say the sample size isn't large but I'm not sure what you mean by the stats might not apply.

Those are *adjusted* stats - i.e. a missed tackle vs a designed play that makes the player miss the tackle. If that makes any sense. The guy looking at those plays and tabulating his stats is looking at whether a guy misses the tackle or not, vs understanding the scheme that makes the tackler miss (for example).
Share 49ersWebzone