There are 227 users in the forums

The Raheem "The joy of a dream" Mostert thread!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Great move. Best gunner in the game. And obviously adds some serious depth if we get down to him.

I agree. This guy looked good as a RB running Kyles offense. He really does add depth as a running back in addition to be a hell of a special teams player.

And he's good in the screen game too.

Originally posted by Waterbear:
I actually like Mostert. He's nowhere near a starter caliber back but I think he can be a good screen player and has the speed to take it to the house. The fumbles are concerning but other than that people are being too hard on this guy IMO. When we aren't performing well everyone gets more blame than they should and he's been a pro bowl caliber gunner people he isn't the problem. Mcnichols is not better than Mostert idc what anyone says, Burbridge is trash too with no upside.

called it.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Mostert and Wilson Jr = Dynamic Duo !!!

get rid of Breida and McKinnon while they still have some value !!!

I think KC could use the speed of Breida or McKinnon.... Andy could find his replacement for a #3 in next year's draft..

We'll have Co-Mo-Son Attack at the RB position !!!
I love Mostert. Absolute beast as a gunner...he's usually already standing there when the punt arrives and now we have Wishnowsky. He might be able to do two sprints there and back now for fun before forcing a fair catch or downing the ball inside the 10.

The question is, does Wishnowsky make Mostert expendable?

I do not think wish hurts mosterts value. You can get huge hang time, but if the coverage is getting blocked or misses tackles, you give up a return.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
I love Mostert. Absolute beast as a gunner...he's usually already standing there when the punt arrives and now we have Wishnowsky. He might be able to do two sprints there and back now for fun before forcing a fair catch or downing the ball inside the 10.

I do not think wish hurts mosterts value. You can get huge hang time, but if the coverage is getting blocked or misses tackles, you give up a return.

As fans, and especially this year, we need to remember that we can't keep everyone and the most important is the active 46...not 53. Is Kyle really going to keep 4 Arby's active on game days? 3 TE's? 6 WR's. We need to consider where we can cut players now even if we love them. And that's a good thing.
Has anyone heard how he's progressing from his injuries?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Has anyone heard how he's progressing from his injuries?

He was delayed a month by having to have the surgery repeated. This time they inserted a steel rod in his arm so he'll be good as new. Few people fail to realize that he has recorded the fastest 40 time of all the RBs including Breida. He was a track star in college. Averaged 7.7 yards per carry last season and has a tendency to break the long ones. Best special teams gunner in the NFL. He'll be active every week.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

As fans, and especially this year, we need to remember that we can't keep everyone and the most important is the active 46...not 53. Is Kyle really going to keep 4 Arby's active on game days? 3 TE's? 6 WR's. We need to consider where we can cut players now even if we love them. And that's a good thing.

With a 5+ second hang time trade Mostert, have Street be the gunner. He would scare the s**t out of any returner and should be able to b***h slap any blockers.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Dang this guy is **Fast!**
Originally posted by Giedi:
Dang this guy is **Fast!**

Would rather keep him over McKinnon.

All this guy does is make big plays, big runs
Originally posted by Joecool:

He's making the team just on his ST's value alone
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

I still say Breida's traded before week 1.
It's hilarious that Raheem was 4th string to DuJuan Harris, Mike Davis and Shaun Draughn in 2016.
I still love this guy.
Share 49ersWebzone