There are 255 users in the forums

Injuries - 9-Year Analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Baalke drafting damaged goods had a lot to do with it.

Yeah, having a couple players each year start the year on I.R. and not designated to return and miss all 16 games adds to this.

But far more to the other 22+17+21 players put on I.R. who were not ACL's.

We also got a lot of projects like ellington who was a recently converted basketball player. Same with AA, hayne and some others. Those guys probably aren't used to the violence of the game and sustain injuries easily. Also having a bunch of knuckleheads like aldon who didn't take care of themselves of the field contributed.

That's a great theory too!

Also, the first move of the ShanaLynch era was firing the entire training staff and hiring Ray Wright and his staff. That dude has been mentioned in just about every player interview. Clearly, this huge issue was recognized early and addressed. I hope it makes a difference...Ray Wright has a huge task ahead of him and could be a huge unsung hero...or not.

Yeah, having a couple players each year start the year on I.R. and not designated to return and miss all 16 games adds to this.

We also got a lot of projects like ellington who was a recently converted basketball player. Same with AA, hayne and some others. Those guys probably aren't used to the violence of the game and sustain injuries easily. Also having a bunch of knuckleheads like aldon who didn't take care of themselves of the field contributed.

Also, the first move of the ShanaLynch era was firing the entire training staff and hiring Ray Wright and his staff. That dude has been mentioned in just about every player interview. Clearly, this huge issue was recognized early and addressed. I hope it makes a difference...Ray Wright has a huge task ahead of him and could be a huge unsung hero...or not.

True. Lynch has torn down the house which I like. But thats the easy part. Lets hope he can rebuild it properly.
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I blame the grass!

I blame Reid.

LOL...right?!?

Listening to him when they interviewed him on how he was consoling James after sending our own to the hospital and how he understood that feeling, was like
But seriously this list of injuries is somewhat b******t. Cause once teams are eliminated from the playoffs they put players who are hurt not injured on IR just to prepare for the following year. Not saying we haven't had our share of injuries but some of our "injuries" have been due to being eliminated and just letting the player get healthy. Or stashing a player on IR during preseason instead of risking putting them on PS.
True. Lynch has torn down the house which I like. But thats the easy part. Lets hope he can rebuild it properly.

For sure!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Lynch has my full attention.

He cut Zuttah with the quickness because he wasn't going to help the team. Bang, cut. Move on to someone else.

Trent would have kept a guy like Zuttah just because he traded for him.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
But seriously this list of injuries is somewhat b******t. Cause once teams are eliminated from the playoffs they put players who are hurt not injured on IR just to prepare for the following year. Not saying we haven't had our share of injuries but some of our "injuries" have been due to being eliminated and just letting the player get healthy. Or stashing a player on IR during preseason instead of risking putting them on PS.

Yeah it's cyclical...if you're losing players at an alarming rate, you're eliminated from the playoffs earlier so you may be more willing to put a player on I.R. earlier. That didn't apply to Washington though.

The other side is you may not be able to put players on I.R. like A.A. when they need to be because there are so many injuries, you can't...think of our ILB's last year (down to 2 special teamers starting)...or an injured player playing at 70% is better than his backup at 100%.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 10, 2017 at 8:42 AM ]

He cut Zuttah with the quickness because he wasn't going to help the team. Bang, cut. Move on to someone else.

Agreed!
I blame Cerseis need to win her father's love by taking the Iron Throne and destroying all the Lannisters enemies.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
lol

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I blame Cerseis need to win her father's love by taking the Iron Throne and destroying all the Lannisters enemies.

I have no idea what this means but I'm buying this theory. LOL
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I'm wondering if Chip Kelly's offense had something to do with the injuries. When players are fatigued - usually that's when injuries happen too.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I'm wondering if Chip Kelly's offense had something to do with the injuries. When players are fatigued - usually that's when injuries happen too.

Yeah, for all his science and conditioning, he had as many players on I.R. as 2014 (21 vs. 22).
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Giedi:

Yeah, for all his science and conditioning, he had as many players on I.R. as 2014 (21 vs. 22).

get this guy another smoothie!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I think the simple fact the 49ers played the most games of any team from 2001-2013 had something to do with it also.
Share 49ersWebzone