LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Injuries - 9-Year Analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
With all the bad here in this hideous chart, there is one silver lining. If by some miracle, (murkle), all our 33% injured return in good health, think of the additional talent we would ahve that yr, whenever it happens. Dang, that is like Christmas or...2 drafts and 2 FA seasons all balled up into one. IF, however , they don't heal up, well....

Haha. Yeah, IF all those players come back healthy it'll be like a 2nd free agency period for us. And the depth should be better too given how many snaps the 2nd and 3rd stringers got.
How often do teams hide decent depth players or potential stars with minor niggles on IR just so they don't have to cut them or others? Do the niners have some?
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
How often do teams hide decent depth players or potential stars with minor niggles on IR just so they don't have to cut them or others? Do the niners have some?

Nice! That actually used to be a tactic of Baalke who had a deep roster at one time and would stash players on I.R. with a toe nail injury for a year (or ACL's or other bigger injuries).

We stashed Kentavius Street last year on I.R. for a year. He was a player we drafted in the 5th but had he not torn his ACL, he might have been a 3rd round pick.

We might have a couple more this year.
LMAO...here we go.

Nick Bosa suffered an apparent hamstring injury during Tuesday's OTA, NFL Network's Omar Ruiz reported. He received treatment from a trainer and limped to the team huddle at the conclusion of practice. Kyle Shanahan said he doesn't know the severity of the injury.

49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo won't be cleared for team drills (11-on-11) until training camp, according to head coach Kyle Shanahan. Garoppolo is still recovering from a torn ACL he sustained in Week 3 last season but has participated in 7-on-7 drills during OTAs.

The 49ers are down a few other players as well.

Shanahan said linebacker Fred Warner had a procedure done on his knee and will not participate in OTAs but is expected to be be available for training camp. Running back Matt Breida has a slight tear in his pectoral muscle and will miss OTAs and minicamp. Finally, running back Raheem Mostert had another surgery on his broken forearm, which delays his return a month.

Hurd brought along slowly too.

NFL.com
[ Edited by NCommand on May 21, 2019 at 3:05 PM ]
Hey NC you might have to amend the thread title by the number of years!
Hey NC you might have to amend the thread title by the number of years!

I'm sure everyone is sick having to see this whole thread pop up weekly covering 5 years enough as it is.

Year 6 is off to a great start. Ha.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 21, 2019 at 6:49 PM ]
Dont worry. Bosa is the man
He's a G.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Nice! That actually used to be a tactic of Baalke who had a deep roster at one time and would stash players on I.R. with a toe nail injury for a year (or ACL's or other bigger injuries).

We stashed Kentavius Street last year on I.R. for a year. He was a player we drafted in the 5th but had he not torn his ACL, he might have been a 3rd round pick.

We might have a couple more this year.

Is that the one when Tomsula announced "he has a toe"?

I miss that guy. Could have used him in the D line coaching.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Dont worry. Bosa is the man
He's a G.

Grub?? Not sure I would say that directly to his face.
[ Edited by KeepRabbitsOut on May 21, 2019 at 7:13 PM ]
Kyle's so cute with his optimism.

"Before this started, we knew we had 12 guys that wouldn't participate in OTAs," Shanahan said. "Then, you've got six new (injured) guys, too. Just going off experience, this is the most people I've had missing OTAs. Hopefully, this will lead to a better training camp."

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame

Ask BB
Originally posted by Crown:

Ask BB

I am sorry Mr Crown but I am culturally at a loss here. I appreciate the interaction though.

Do you mean this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DLsUabKDIU

or this fab place?

https://www.thebudgetbabe.com/categories/16-Ask-BB
I actually did a few calculations myself on this topic. Based on my work, it became evident that a lot of
49ers got hurt the last five years.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I actually did a few calculations myself on this topic. Based on my work, it became evident that a lot of

For real? Link? LOL.

I FOUND THE CONNECTION TO THE CURSE!

This 5+ year curse started in 2014.

Jimmie Ward was drafted in 2014.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

For real? Link? LOL.

I FOUND THE CONNECTION TO THE CURSE!

This 5+ year curse started in 2014.

Jimmie Ward was drafted in 2014.

We will only be healthy when award is cut.

I think an injury settlement would be the smartest move.
Share 49ersWebzone