There are 204 users in the forums

Injuries - 9-Year Analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jonnydel:
While we have had an exorbitant amount injuries, i am curious compares with other teams as far as players with injury history.

I was wondering the same thing. Every team has a lot of injuries since it's part of the game. I'm sure the numbers which vary every year are fairly even if you look over a 10 year period. I know we aren't the only team that drafts or signs players that have been injured since injuries are so common in this game.
While we have had an exorbitant amount injuries, i am curious compares with other teams as far as players with injury history.

It's all in the OP...if you can't zoom in bring your magnifying glass. The 2018 updates come out next month and we'll have the full 5 year analysis but it's very much expected we'll be top 5 again in adjusted games lost and likely we'll take over the #1 spot on the aggregate as the most injured team over the past 5 years.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 24, 2019 at 12:12 PM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I was wondering the same thing. Every team has a lot of injuries since it's part of the game. I'm sure the numbers which vary every year are fairly even if you look over a 10 year period. I know we aren't the only team that drafts or signs players that have been injured since injuries are so common in this game.

No they do not. That's a total fallacy and the very reason I made this thread 4 years ago and maintain it annually.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 24, 2019 at 12:13 PM ]
Just rub some robintussin on all our injuries and we good.
Wait...we signed him on faith? I'm not sure how this works with free agents though. Our own medical staff can't even meet with him despite working on a long term deal with his agent? Has he even passed a physical? Is that a requirement?

The 49ers remain unclear when their most expensive free agent acquisition, linebacker Kwon Alexander, will be ready to play with his new team. But they should have a better idea when Alexander returns to team headquarters in Santa Clara next Tuesday to have his surgically repaired torn ACL examined by San Francisco's medical staff.

"It's kind of an empty feeling that we know he was in good hands with the (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)," general manager John Lynch said Monday at the NFL owners meetings in Phoenix. "But all of a sudden once we acquire him, he can no longer start doing his rehab or continue doing his rehab with the Bucs."

"We're going to get to assess exactly where he's at," Lynch said. "I can tell you ... when you do a deal like that, you want the return right away but we had discussions that 'Hey, when you're making an investment like this, we've got to make sure he's right.' So we will hold true to that ... Our conversations with the people from the Buccaneers (indicate) that he's on track."
I think the clubs and agents can negotiate however they want. If his agent said they can't test his leg or see him and they agree it's fair game. I think it's on to the club to check before writing a check.
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Mar 25, 2019 at 9:13 PM ]
What Shoulder!
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Wait...we signed him on faith? I'm not sure how this works with free agents though. Our own medical staff can't even meet with him despite working on a long term deal with his agent? Has he even passed a physical? Is that a requirement?

The 49ers remain unclear when their most expensive free agent acquisition, linebacker Kwon Alexander, will be ready to play with his new team. But they should have a better idea when Alexander returns to team headquarters in Santa Clara next Tuesday to have his surgically repaired torn ACL examined by San Francisco's medical staff.

"It's kind of an empty feeling that we know he was in good hands with the (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)," general manager John Lynch said Monday at the NFL owners meetings in Phoenix. "But all of a sudden once we acquire him, he can no longer start doing his rehab or continue doing his rehab with the Bucs."

"We're going to get to assess exactly where he's at," Lynch said. "I can tell you ... when you do a deal like that, you want the return right away but we had discussions that 'Hey, when you're making an investment like this, we've got to make sure he's right.' So we will hold true to that ... Our conversations with the people from the Buccaneers (indicate) that he's on track."

And I'm crazy because I'm worried about our OL coming back from injury?

Here's another FA who hasn't even been connected to our medical staff yet and doesn't expect to be for a few more weeks. I bet we signed him on faith as well; albeit far less risky.

Verrett joined 95.7 The Game on Friday and provided an update on his rehab.

"I'm doing good," Verrett told Greg Papa and Bonta Hill. "I like where I'm at. There's no timetable on when I'm going to be 100 percent. Once OTAs start, coming up in these next few weeks, (I'll) get familiar with the doctors and the trainers and where they want me at, and just go from there.

"But the pace I'm at, I'm definitely going to be ready for the season."

Verrett will remain in Irvine, California, where he is doing his rehab, until then.

"I only met with [the training and medical personnel] on my visit," Verrett said. "We just had a brief little conversation, but where I'm at rehabbing in Irvine. They've been great. I just told the training staff in Frisco that I'm just going to be staying here until we start.

"I actually even got the guy that I'm working with out here in touch with the 49ers training staff. That way, everybody's on the same page. Good things ahead."

Meanwhile, McKinnon and Garoppolo and the rest of the injury ward are training at our facility.

Glad to see Verrett taking initiative at least to connect the two parties. I'd think our team would insist on him getting out here ASAP to get him fully acclimated to our medical rehab schedule.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/124577-49ers-jason-verrett-says-wants-matt-breidas-bad/
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 6, 2019 at 8:12 AM ]

Jimmy Garoppolo - ACL
C.J. BeatHard - BeatHard
Jerick McKinnon - ACL
Matt Breida - Ankle
Raheem Mostert - Forearm
Kyle Juszczyk - Concussions
Garett Celek - Lower body/Back
Dante Pettis - Knee/Lower body
Marquise Goodwin - Concussions/Lower body
Trent Taylor - Back
Jordan Matthews - Lower body
Joe Staley - Age restrictions
Laken Tomlinson - Surgery/ MCL
Weston Richburg - Surgery/Knee/Quad
Joshua Garnett - Anything to stay out of the lineup
Arik Armstead - Surgery/Hand
Kentavius Street - ACL
Dee Ford - Back
Dekoda Watson - Lower body
Malcolm Smith - Lower body/Pec
Brock Coyle - Spine/Retired
Kwon Alexander - ACL
Jason Verrett - ACL/Achilles/Lower body
K'Waun Williams - Lower body
D.J. Reed - Surgery/Shoulder
Richard Sherman - Achilles Mngt/Lower body/Age restrictions
Jimmie Ward - Anything to stay out of the lineup
Adrian Colbert - Surgery/Ankle
Jaquiski Tartt - Forearm/Lower body
Marcell Harris - ACL maintenance

*Correct me on accuracy.

This is half of our current roster. LOL

Just to add now.

Nick Bosa - medical watch/caution
Deebo Samuel - "lower leg issues," chronic hamstrings, ankle
Jalen Hurd - MCL, concussions, shoulder
Mitch Wishnowsky - shoulderz
Dre Greenlaw - foot
Kaden Smith - caucasian
Justin Skule - pick 'em
Tim Harris - grocery list

"Really, the theme for this year (for the 2019 draft class) was acquiring injured players. We really want to see how our new medical team performs." ~ John Lynch

Good luck medical team!
[ Edited by NCommand on May 2, 2019 at 6:00 AM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Jimmy Garoppolo - ACL
C.J. BeatHard - BeatHard
Jerick McKinnon - ACL
Matt Breida - Ankle
Raheem Mostert - Forearm
Kyle Juszczyk - Concussions
Garett Celek - Lower body/Back
Dante Pettis - Knee/Lower body
Marquise Goodwin - Concussions/Lower body
Trent Taylor - Back
Jordan Matthews - Lower body
Joe Staley - Age restrictions
Laken Tomlinson - Surgery/ MCL
Weston Richburg - Surgery/Knee/Quad
Joshua Garnett - Anything to stay out of the lineup
Arik Armstead - Surgery/Hand
Kentavius Street - ACL
Dee Ford - Back
Dekoda Watson - Lower body
Malcolm Smith - Lower body/Pec
Brock Coyle - Spine/Retired
Kwon Alexander - ACL
Jason Verrett - ACL/Achilles/Lower body
K'Waun Williams - Lower body
D.J. Reed - Surgery/Shoulder
Richard Sherman - Achilles Mngt/Lower body/Age restrictions
Jimmie Ward - Anything to stay out of the lineup
Adrian Colbert - Surgery/Ankle
Jaquiski Tartt - Forearm/Lower body
Marcell Harris - ACL maintenance

*Correct me on accuracy.

This is half of our current roster. LOL

Just to add now.

Nick Bosa - medical watch/caution
Deebo Samuel - "lower leg issues"
Jalen Hurd - MCL
Mitch Wishnowsky - alleged shoulder
Dre Greenlaw - foot
Kaeden Smith - caucasian
Justin Skule - pick 'em
Tim Harris - grocery list

"Really, the theme for this year (for the 2019 draft class) was acquiring injured players. We really want to see how our new medical team performs." ~ John Lynch

Good luck medical team!

Literally spit out my drink
Originally posted by Furlow:
Literally spit out my drink

My man!!! Good eyes.
Get off my bandwagon, Eric!

I've been building this case for 5 years now.

Get off my bandwagon, Eric!

I've been building this case for 5 years now.

It's okay. Everyone has surgeries when they play football, even caucasians sometimes.
Share 49ersWebzone