LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Injuries - 9-Year Analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Really nice piece on this.

https://www.the49ershub.com/single-post/2019/01/26/How-Can-the-49ers-Fix-Their-Injury-Problem
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Zero injuries? Is this real life?

Or is this just Fantasy? (sorry could not resist)

And the niners were caught in a land slide. No escape from reality.

It's the Mandela Effect meets Groundhog Day.

They're on that TB12 Hype.
Courtesy of Phoenix.

Exited to see how this works out.

This guy is all about quantifiable data. I bet Paraag was all over this hire. His band of analysts may be able to assist too.

I'm curious to see who else he hires to help build up that Capapult brand (only 23 employees in the US).

I would expect some major change$ in the equipment. Jed gonna open up his wallet.

The best part of the GPS system is that it'll be able to track players accurately from the field to the blue tent to the training room in live time/data.
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 12, 2019 at 9:31 AM ]
This guy is all about quantifiable data. I bet Paraag was all over this hire. His band of analysts may be able to assist too.

I'm curious to see who else he hires to help build up that Capapult brand (only 23 employees in the US).

I would expect some major change$ in the equipment. Jed gonna open up his wallet.

The best part of the GPS system is that it'll be able to track players accurately from the field to the blue tent to the training room in live time/data.

Should be interesting. I'm not sure that more equipment (other than Catapult stuff) is needed. Seems more like he needs to coordinate with the staff when the system is used. Then, he has to figure out if the outliers are due to running to the tent or getting pancaked.
Here's a question. Are we done hiring and signing both fA and Draft, guys who are injured? If you bring 2 injured guys onto the team, well , yeah the PUP list grows, or IR list grows. Are we finally done with the Reubens, kentavious streets, and others brot in already banged up? Did John Lynch hear us or were we not loud enough. If you have an injury problem, and worse just turned over 43 of your 45 guys, isn't it time to have a decision passed down stating that no more injured will be signed. I don't care how good. Injured is injured, just as PUP is PUP and IR is IR.

I sincerely hope we do not see one more guy brot in here who is injured. IS that the understanding or are kyle and JL not sure about that yet?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zonkers:

Should be interesting. I'm not sure that more equipment (other than Catapult stuff) is needed. Seems more like he needs to coordinate with the staff when the system is used. Then, he has to figure out if the outliers are due to running to the tent or getting pancaked.

I like this hire. They kinda went a different route (NHL guy). That's cool. Sounds like he knows his stuff.

...will be invited to Jed and (especially) Paraag's Glory Hole Parties
Originally posted by zonkers:

Oh God that had me laughing. Hey, at least we can laugh at it!

Good point about the equipment. I kind of assumed he'd need new treadmills and weights with tracking data capabilities. But maybe not. Just more for practice field real-time data.
Originally posted by LVJay:
I like this hire. They kinda went a different route (NHL guy). That's cool. Sounds like he knows his stuff.

Ahhhh yes. The Cabana parties. Wasn't it Chip Kelly who spent the weekend there at the guest house partaking in those glory-hole parties. That dirty dog.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Ahhhh yes. The Cabana parties. Wasn't it Chip Kelly who spent the weekend there at the guest house partaking in those glory-hole parties. That dirty dog.

Oh yes, he's still a close buddy

Oh yes, he's still a close buddy

LOL!

Jimmy Garoppolo - ACL
C.J. BeatHard - BeatHard
Jerick McKinnon - ACL
Matt Breida - Ankle
Raheem Mostert - Forearm
Kyle Juszczyk - Concussions
Garett Celek - Lower body/Back
Dante Pettis - Knee/Lower body
Marquise Goodwin - Concussions/Lower body
Trent Taylor - Back
Jordan Matthews - Lower body
Joe Staley - Age restrictions
Laken Tomlinson - Surgery/ MCL
Weston Richburg - Surgery/Knee/Quad
Joshua Garnett - Anything to stay out of the lineup
Arik Armstead - Surgery/Hand
Kentavius Street - ACL
Dee Ford - Back
Dekoda Watson - Lower body
Malcolm Smith - Lower body/Pec
Brock Coyle - Spine/Retired
Kwon Alexander - ACL
Jason Verrett - ACL/Achilles/Lower body
K'Waun Williams - Lower body
D.J. Reed - Surgery/Shoulder
Richard Sherman - Achilles Mngt/Lower body/Age restrictions
Jimmie Ward - Anything to stay out of the lineup
Adrian Colbert - Surgery/Ankle
Jaquiski Tartt - Forearm/Lower body
Marcell Harris - ACL maintenance

*Correct me on accuracy.

This is half of our current roster. LOL
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 22, 2019 at 5:08 PM ]

Jimmy Garoppolo - ACL
C.J. BeatHard - BeatHard
Jerick McKinnon - ACL
Matt Breida - Ankle
Raheem Mostert - Forearm
Trent Taylor - Back
Kentavius Street - ACL
Dee Ford - Back
Kwon Alexander - ACL

*Correct me on accuracy.

Daaayaaam, NC. Here I was just starting to feel better about our new lineup....and you go and remind us of this. WBF
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Jimmy Garoppolo - ACL
C.J. BeatHard - BeatHard
Jerick McKinnon - ACL
Matt Breida - Ankle
Raheem Mostert - Forearm
Trent Taylor - Back
Kentavius Street - ACL
Dee Ford - Back
Kwon Alexander - ACL

*Correct me on accuracy.

Daaayaaam, NC. Here I was just starting to feel better about our new lineup....and you go and remind us of this. WBF

Disclaimer: we're niner fans so I'm sure every one of these players will have successful surgeries, expedited recoveries and stay healthy and play all 19 games.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 24, 2019 at 8:42 AM ]
Here's a question. Are we done hiring and signing both fA and Draft, guys who are injured? If you bring 2 injured guys onto the team, well , yeah the PUP list grows, or IR list grows. Are we finally done with the Reubens, kentavious streets, and others brot in already banged up? Did John Lynch hear us or were we not loud enough. If you have an injury problem, and worse just turned over 43 of your 45 guys, isn't it time to have a decision passed down stating that no more injured will be signed. I don't care how good. Injured is injured, just as PUP is PUP and IR is IR.

I sincerely hope we do not see one more guy brot in here who is injured. IS that the understanding or are kyle and JL not sure about that yet?

I'm gonna step WAY out on a limb here and say.... nope. Looks like that wasn't the understanding.

If there is one guy i really want healthy, it is Kwon. That one guy could totally change the massive hole we had across the middle last yr. IF he can't cover due to injury, then we have a good shot at being as bad this yr as last....at least across the middle. It was an ACL and today as opposed to not too many yrs ago, when ACL was a career ender. Then Frank Gore and that theory was blown out of the water. So here, i have a good feel for Kwon being a key guy hire that will work out.

Of a different nature is the other guy who we desperately need to be healthy, and that is Dee Ford. Back issues can be either significant vs not so. I hope Dee's is not so. Here again, if he is healthy, we finally have an outside PR. IF not healthy, then he breaks our hearts. I haven't yet done the required reading to know just how serious this is/isn't , but if healthy this was a billion dollar hire. If not...well we seem to have a lot of those. So , no comment.

If both these guys respond to the bell, then we have just had the best FA in yrs, perhaps longer. But as usual....IF...

So, we are sitting on either a pair of standout ACES, or...we once again find ourselves with a pair of spaces. We'll see, so stay tuned. Other injuries in newcomers, don't bother me. But these two... these are "gotta work out" hires. John will look like either a genius...or the alternative . These guys are crucial to having a great D vs ...well, not so much.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Mar 24, 2019 at 8:52 AM ]

Jimmy Garoppolo - ACL
C.J. BeatHard - BeatHard
Jerick McKinnon - ACL
Matt Breida - Ankle
Raheem Mostert - Forearm
Trent Taylor - Back
Kentavius Street - ACL
Dee Ford - Back
Kwon Alexander - ACL

*Correct me on accuracy.

Disclaimer: we're niner fans so I'm sure every one of these players will have successful surgeries, expedited recoveries and stay healthy and play all 19 games.

While we have had an exorbitant amount injuries, i am curious compares with other teams as far as players with injury history.
Share 49ersWebzone