There are 120 users in the forums

Injuries - 5-Year Analysis

I think it also speaks to the direct value of a quality strength and conditioning coach/program. Obviously games played and luck play into the big injuries like broken bones and concussions...but things like muscle pulls and soft tissue tears are directly connected to conditioning. I have not been impressed with the conditioning of our guys since Harb left and I think it shows up in all the guys that get nicked up and miss a handful of games a year.
Originally posted by SoCold:
get this guy another smoothie!

Bwahaha. Good one.
Originally posted by SoCold:
I think the simple fact the 49ers played the most games of any team from 2001-2013 had something to do with it also.

No question that lead to the 2014 8-8 season. We had 22 players on I.R. that year and then all the veterans retired a few months later leading to the off season from hell. Soooo...how the eff are the Seahawks the healthiest team? I hate those lucky b*****ds.

Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I think it also speaks to the direct value of a quality strength and conditioning coach/program. Obviously games played and luck play into the big injuries like broken bones and concussions...but things like muscle pulls and soft tissue tears are directly connected to conditioning. I have not been impressed with the conditioning of our guys since Harb left and I think it shows up in all the guys that get nicked up and miss a handful of games a year.

Yeah, when you go from the 26th oldest to 6th youngest over night, young players haven't been properly trained on how to be a professional and take care of yourself. Plus quite a few players miscast, adding tons of weight quickly, losing a ton quickly, changing positions a lot, new coaches and schemes every year, etc.

The low number of snap counts is reflected in how little our young, and potentially talented, players have actually been on the field. Ward and AA are two good first round examples of that.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 104,386

Shanahan: Reuben Foster has been battling minor ankle injury
Good stuff NC. It really accentuates what we as 49er fans having been going through the last few years. Very frustrating, no doubt.
Yeah,but what about Neds head?
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I blame Cerseis need to win her father's love by taking the Iron Throne and destroying all the Lannisters enemies.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Good stuff NC. It really accentuates what we as 49er fans having been going through the last few years. Very frustrating, no doubt.

Understatement. The thing that's most frustrating is we had/have such a young team, that you want to see them in the field growing, developing and taking their lumps. But they just can't get on the field and equally important, stay on the field consistently TO grow.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
I don't get it. 30th being almost the least injured team? #1 being the most injured throughout the years?

Correct...the lower the average rank over 3 years, the healthiest.


sooooo... the point is it's felt like we've been the most injury-plagued team when we really haven't?
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
I don't get it. 30th being almost the least injured team? #1 being the most injured throughout the years?

Correct...the lower the average rank over 3 years, the healthiest.


sooooo... the point is it's felt like we've been the most injury-plagued team when we really haven't?

No, we actually have been.
"The San Francisco 49ers have had far too many injuries to key personnel this year.

Defensively, although the losses have been plenty, they have actually played well. The list of key players missing multiple games includes NaVorro Bowman, Patrick Willis, Ian Williams, Glenn Dorsey, Jimmie Ward and Tramaine Brock.

In addition, Aldon Smith also missed nine games at the start of the season due to his suspension.

The problems have manifested themselves more on the offensive side of the ball. The 49ers have two offensive linemen, Anthony Davis and Daniel Kilgore, who have missed significant time.

Tight end Vance McDonald and receiver Bruce Ellington have also missed several games.

Unlike the stellar play of the defense, the offense has yet to find any real synergy. Injuries are a factor, although not the only factor."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2296050-what-went-wrong-for-the-san-francisco-49ers-in-the-2014-season

Straight disaster the past couple of years, don't forget Crabtree was recovering from surgery and Vernon Davis with his back injury.

P.s All hail king of the north!!
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 10, 2017 at 1:26 PM ]

Maybe it is because SEA hits harder.
Originally posted by NCommand:
The healthiest team? By far, it was the Seattle Seahawks. God is a Seahawks fan! Thanks Russell Wilson.

PEDs
Last year was brutal. I hope they have a healthier year.
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
"The San Francisco 49ers have had far too many injuries to key personnel this year.

Defensively, although the losses have been plenty, they have actually played well. The list of key players missing multiple games includes NaVorro Bowman, Patrick Willis, Ian Williams, Glenn Dorsey, Jimmie Ward and Tramaine Brock.

In addition, Aldon Smith also missed nine games at the start of the season due to his suspension.

The problems have manifested themselves more on the offensive side of the ball. The 49ers have two offensive linemen, Anthony Davis and Daniel Kilgore, who have missed significant time.

Tight end Vance McDonald and receiver Bruce Ellington have also missed several games.

Unlike the stellar play of the defense, the offense has yet to find any real synergy. Injuries are a factor, although not the only factor."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2296050-what-went-wrong-for-the-san-francisco-49ers-in-the-2014-season

Straight disaster the past couple of years, don't forget Crabtree was recovering from surgery and Vernon Davis with his back injury.

P.s All hail king of the north!!

Props to Harbaugh & Fangio for, somehow, getting an 8-8 season out of that 2014 team.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by NCommand:
The healthiest team? By far, it was the Seattle Seahawks. God is a Seahawks fan! Thanks Russell Wilson.

PEDs

...

By George, I think you got it!
Share 49erswebzone