LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Eric Magnuson OT/RG from Michigan is no longer a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's nice to see a Jim Harbaugh guy on the team. Hope he makes the team, we need it.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Played a lot of snaps last night. Anyone notice how he did?
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Really good job yesterday from what I saw.
"A young offensive lineman who hold promise: Erik Magnuson, an undrafted player out of Michigan. He played right guard with the second-string unit and center with the third-team line. He seems like someone the 49ers are eying for their practice squad."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article168278792.html#storylink=cpy

(I posted it in the offensive line thread as well)
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
"A young offensive lineman who hold promise: Erik Magnuson, an undrafted player out of Michigan. He played right guard with the second-string unit and center with the third-team line. He seems like someone the 49ers are eying for their practice squad."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article168278792.html#storylink=cpy

I can already see him in a seahawks uniform.

Practice squad? Screw that!
Originally posted by NCommand:

I hope he makes it, I would be very disappointed if he isn't on our squad.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 20, 2017 at 2:38 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yeah, he'd last there , oh, maybe an hour, probably a lot less. You put him there and he is gone for us.
Originally posted by Nuns:
Played a lot of snaps last night. Anyone notice how he did?

He did well. Fundamentally sound, solid player.
Could come down to him or Barnes for the final OL spot. Magnuson is younger and more versatile (and more talented?)...Barnes has the experience and that can show up big at the C spot in calling out protections and getting the OL in sync. Beadles also has C experience so he could also factor in as a backup should Magnuson be kept and Barnes released.

Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Could come down to him or Barnes for the final OL spot. Magnuson is younger and more versatile (and more talented?)...Barnes has the experience and that can show up big at the C spot in calling out protections and getting the OL in sync. Beadles also has C experience so he could also factor in as a backup should Magnuson be kept and Barnes released.

Rooting for this dude. 53s are gonna be tough.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Completely agree - the 53s are going to be very difficult. WR is another area...don't know if they'd be able to sneak a Bourne or Bolden on to the PS. I f*%ing hate that it's only 53! Make it at least 56 to account for the K, P, and LS.
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Aug 20, 2017 at 9:22 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Completely agree - the 53s are going to be very difficult. WR is another area...don't know if they'd be able to sneak a Bourne or Bolden on to the PS. I f*%ing hate that it's only 53! Make it at least 56 to account for the K, P, and LS.

Yeah they need to bump it up to 55.
ATLEAST 54 lol. I almost wanna go with 7 WRs now since we have a better pass protecting line.

Dude might make it as someone who can play every spot lol
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Aug 24, 2017 at 12:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone