There are 227 users in the forums

Eric Magnuson OT/RG from Michigan is no longer a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Not that im trying to be a homer... But being in the first year of the system, playing next to beadles week 1. Facing two of the best Ds in back to back weeks.

Yall expect him to win every battle?

Lets see how he does Thursday.

Agree

We have to see improvement.

Rams have no depth at DL.. I think the entire OL will continue to grow and improve. Playing at home after fairing solid collectively overall away at century field should be good for them.

THis!!

It all starts tonight

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Somewhere in here we are either drafting an OL high, or buying an all pro C or OG

If the three interior linemen are Magnuson, Laken, and Garnett, and they are productive, I can see ShanaLynch using free agency to get O-line depth and use the draft for the skill positions.

I can see how very quick O-linemen that have quick feet and agility to take the defender where he wants to go, is really key to the O-Line. A guy like Laken really made a difference in the SeaChicken game. I think you can find these type of guys in free agency and ShanaLynch got Laken for basically peanuts. I'm thinking more of the same in 2018 if Laken pans out.

God it seriously looks like in 2018 we COULD have a solid chance to get lucky and have good line with two guys that we got a lil lucky to get.

Draft a G/T in the 3rd and we should be good to go. Than in 2019 you see exactly who you want to upgrade or hopefully the line is left alone cause theyre getting it done.

We also need to address the LT position. Joe can't play forever
Originally posted by suckafree17:
Not that im trying to be a homer... But being in the first year of the system, playing next to beadles week 1. Facing two of the best Ds in back to back weeks.

Agree

Rams have no depth at DL.. I think the entire OL will continue to grow and improve. Playing at home after fairing solid collectively overall away at century field should be good for them.

THis!!

It all starts tonight

Somewhere in here we are either drafting an OL high, or buying an all pro C or OG

If the three interior linemen are Magnuson, Laken, and Garnett, and they are productive, I can see ShanaLynch using free agency to get O-line depth and use the draft for the skill positions.

I can see how very quick O-linemen that have quick feet and agility to take the defender where he wants to go, is really key to the O-Line. A guy like Laken really made a difference in the SeaChicken game. I think you can find these type of guys in free agency and ShanaLynch got Laken for basically peanuts. I'm thinking more of the same in 2018 if Laken pans out.

God it seriously looks like in 2018 we COULD have a solid chance to get lucky and have good line with two guys that we got a lil lucky to get.

Draft a G/T in the 3rd and we should be good to go. Than in 2019 you see exactly who you want to upgrade or hopefully the line is left alone cause theyre getting it done.

Yeah thats why i wanna draft someone that can play T&G. But Joe has another 2-3 years after this IMO.
Any word on Magnus tonite?

Agree

THis!!

It all starts tonight

Yeah thats why i wanna draft someone that can play T&G. But Joe has another 2-3 years after this IMO.

Not sure if this is ever likely to happen, but might Brown and Staley swap sides at some point to extend Staley's career by letting him play on the "easier" side? Don't know if it actually works that way.

Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

Doubt hes seriously gonna start..

Originally posted by Midbay:

Agree

THis!!

It all starts tonight

Not sure if this is ever likely to happen, but might Brown and Staley swap sides at some point to extend Staley's career by letting him play on the "easier" side? Don't know if it actually works that way.

With OL and our boy Hero giving an opinion... Just seems like why f**k up a good thing, hes more natural for the RT spot IMO as well.

But who the he'll knows.. Might force our hand one day and after a few games he might look like a natural.

Agree

THis!!

It all starts tonight

The more immediate need is the big fast WR Jones/Green/Megatron type.
Originally posted by BOI49er:

Agree

THis!!

It all starts tonight

The more immediate need is the big fast WR Jones/Green/Megatron type.

Or a f**king ridiculous rookie push 1/2.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Should be getting snaps over fusco.
Originally posted by jcs:

Amen to that, bro.

Anyone hear anything about Magnus next week? Starting?

Amen to that, bro.

Add me to that list.

Amen to that, bro.

Add me to that list.

Hell yes Fusco isn't part of the future. Magneson?
Ok, I'll try again and hope for a different answer. Anyone know if Magnus is going to replace fusco? Any word at all...
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Sep 27, 2017 at 5:24 PM ]
Ok, I'll try again and hope for a different answer. Anyone know if Magnus is going to replace fusco? Any word at all...
yes, at some point
Share 49ersWebzone