LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Eric Magnuson OT/RG from Michigan is no longer a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Just pushed Tim Barnes right off the roster.

I hope this guys makes it. His versatility is very welcome here.
Originally posted by NCommand:

So between Barnes, Gilliam, Theus, and Magneson, who's the odd man out?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

This is who I have at the cut down. Keep in mind, Joshua Garnett has to be on the 53 initially...the next day he could be put on temp I.R. and save a roster spot and a guy like Tim Barnes could be brought back until JG is cleared and back in shape for the starting LG spot.

LOT: Joe Staley
LG: Zane Beadles; (Joshua Garnett)
C: Daniel Kilgore; Erik Magnuson
RG: Brandon Fusco
ROT: Trenton Brown; Gary Gilliam
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 28, 2017 at 9:48 AM ]

This is who I have at the cut down. Keep in mind, Joshua Garnett has to be on the 53 initially...the next day he could be put on temp I.R. and save a roster spot and a guy like Tim Barnes could be brought back until JG is cleared and back in shape for the starting LG spot.

Agree

Thus is
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Agree

Thus is

Don't be shocked if Theus does make the 53. I'm just preparing you... just in case.

Agree

Thus is

Don't be shocked if Theus does make the 53. I'm just preparing you... just in case.

I'll remember to take my Tanguery Martini and post you in the morning.

Agree

Thus is

hm I thought Theus would've fit this scheme well. He is agile enough to run the zbs, but oh well.

Honestly, and this won't be popular with the F.O....Gilliam, the guy with the $1mil contract.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Honestly, and this won't be popular with the F.O....Gilliam, the guy with the $1mil contract.

That's what I think too... I thought Theus looked good, and so did Magneson

Dude Paso stop bringing up the 1 million dollars like it carries any f**king legit weight lol.

Agree

Thus is

Theus mightve rivered Gilliam for the backup T spot no? Played again Minny 1s and didnt hear anything negative.

Dude Paso stop bringing up the 1 million dollars like it carries any f**king legit weight lol.

Agree

Thus is

Theus mightve rivered Gilliam for the backup T spot no? Played again Minny 1s and didnt hear anything negative.

Smokes, i can hear it already. Lynch shouldn't have blown a million and some bucks on a guy who couldn't even make the 53. It WAS a good signing, and i don't think at the time they had much choice. SAme wiht Zut. We had jettisoned not only martin, but also pears and devey. We didn't have enough OLs so the signing was fine. I dont think they envisioned getting the talent they ended up with, but they did. And i suspect it makes Gilliam the odd man out. When Josh returns, i bet we still keep 9.

Wasn 't my money, smokes, and it's no big deal. I could see how the yorks might be hacked they peed away a million bucks. Overall, john and kyle did the right thing. I do hope, however, they don't feel obligated to keep gilliam because of his contract. That WOULD be bad. But i have a feeling they keep the OL best 9 or best 8. I hope 9.
I'll remember to take my Tanguery Martini and post you in the morning.

Deal!
Originally posted by gold49digger:
hm I thought Theus would've fit this scheme well. He is agile enough to run the zbs, but oh well.

He did. Poor first game but played much better these past two games.

Agree

Thus is

Smokes, i can hear it already. Lynch shouldn't have blown a million and some bucks on a guy who couldn't even make the 53. It WAS a good signing, and i don't think at the time they had much choice. SAme wiht Zut. We had jettisoned not only martin, but also pears and devey. We didn't have enough OLs so the signing was fine. I dont think they envisioned getting the talent they ended up with, but they did. And i suspect it makes Gilliam the odd man out. When Josh returns, i bet we still keep 9.

Wasn 't my money, smokes, and it's no big deal. I could see how the yorks might be hacked they peed away a million bucks. Overall, john and kyle did the right thing. I do hope, however, they don't feel obligated to keep gilliam because of his contract. That WOULD be bad. But i have a feeling they keep the OL best 9 or best 8. I hope 9.

Sometimes you gotta cough up a lil dough to make sure no stone is left unturned and giving yourself the best chance possible to bring in max talent in a year 1 rebuild. We got almost 70 mill to roll over, 1 million will not stop us from giving the spot to the better man.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Aug 28, 2017 at 5:32 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone