LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

Eric Magnuson OT/RG from Michigan is no longer a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Thanks Wu...great stuff

Thank you brethren..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 25, 2017 at 4:02 AM ]
I'm excited we have some speed this year , Goodwin and Robinson will stretch the field, and give us some opportunities underneath , that's where Garcon, Kittles, Taylor, McDonald and Juice could make some plays, I'm so damn fired up we have a FB this year, and Jusczcyk will let us open up the playbook and let us throw Juice, McDonald and Kittles at the defense , some power formations we can pass out of
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Aug 25, 2017 at 5:57 AM ]
If you are bad, at least you can be FAST. Last yr we were slow and ugly bad. We had to sneak up on a glass to get a drink of water. Now, even if we didn't get one iota better....we can do it FAST.

N.B. "Even if we didn't get better?" We got LOTS, tons better. But now we're fast besides. Finally.
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Originally posted by NCommand:
2017 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Erik Magnuson, Michigan

...what really elevates this young man is that Jim Harbaugh once touched his shoulder and then was prompted to recite Civil War battle stories...stories of overcoming great odds and testing ones faith.

03/27/17 - Michigan Pro day: The Ohio State-Michigan rivalry has been one-sided in recent memory, but the Wolverines have a chance to break a Buckeyes record on draft weekend. With 14 players selected in the 2004 NFL Draft, Ohio State owns the NFL record for draft picks in a seven-round draft. Michigan led all college programs with 14 players invited to the 2017 NFL Scouting Combine, and that doesn't include two offensive line snubs and possible draft picks: Kyle Kalis and Eric Magnuson. Michigan should at the very least hit double digits with a chance at the record. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com
12/02/16 - 2016 ALL-BIG TEN FOOTBALL FIRST TEAM (COACHES): OT Erik Magnuson, Michigan...Magnuson started all 12 games this season, helping the Wolverines' offensive unit rack up 2,679 yards rushing and 2,593 passing yards. His play allowed for 492 points on the season -- 342 points more than Michigan's opponents. - Michigan Football
12/03/15 - 2015 ALL-BIG TEN THIRD TEAM (COACHES & MEDIA): OT Erik Magnuson, Michigan...Protecting the quarterback, the entire offensive line earned conference recognition, paced by Erik Magnuson's and Kyle Kalis' third-team honors. Each member of the line started all 12 games of the regular season and yielded just 18 sacks on the year, an improvement from allowing 25 a season ago. The Wolverines averaged 387 yards per game, 234.3 through the air and 152.7 on the ground. Of the 45 touchdowns scored by Michigan on the year, 25 came via the ground, with Smith leading the way with six, followed by Rudock and Sione Houma with four and Drake Johnson with three. - Michigan Football
07/30/14 - Other Michigan prospects worth watching: OT Erik Magnuson, RS Sophomore...Michigan's projected starter at left tackle, Magnuson will have the unenviable task of replacing Taylor Lewan, who was an All-American and top-12 NFL Draft pick. All seven of his career starts have come at guard, but he has the skill-set to kick outside and develop as an impact blindside protector. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=124135&draftyear=2017&genpos=OT

As long as at the end of the story "we the people" still have our rights and a young man gets to grow in the big leagues, for not being invited to the combine.. Not bad Jim..

You're the best Wu!
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
True, NY, but that is quality play we are getting from him, not backup play. He could be a legit candidate to start at C. He won't be versed in calling the blocking plays yet, but talent wise, i really like him. Big Ten standout? You know he's been up against a lot of good talent along the way. You gotta like that.

He's getting first team reps at guard I believe...I'm pretty sure Kilgore is out starting center without question. Barnes might be on the bubble now
These are the stories you like to hear. Every coach says the best 11 will play on both sides of the ball. That's just not always true. Status and money still play into the equation alot. However when you see these legit underdog stories of unknowns making a team purely from results and hard work, it always makes for a neat moment.

The one thing I wanted since, oh, the turn of the century, was for our HC /GM to KNOW WTF we had both on the field as well as the sideline. To put it another way, know the talents of each and every player. Well, finally, this yr I got my wish. That is exactly what John and Kyle have done...and not with 75 either...they have done it with 90. And you gotta love that.

Well said!
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Would love to see this guy make the team. His versatility is key

Yeah if him and Zane are on the bench, you have guys that can play all 5 positions.

Perfect 7 OL for game days(No matter how talented the overall group is).

Yup!

...what really elevates this young man is that Jim Harbaugh once touched his shoulder and then was prompted to recite Civil War battle stories...stories of overcoming great odds and testing ones faith.

03/27/17 - Michigan Pro day: The Ohio State-Michigan rivalry has been one-sided in recent memory, but the Wolverines have a chance to break a Buckeyes record on draft weekend. With 14 players selected in the 2004 NFL Draft, Ohio State owns the NFL record for draft picks in a seven-round draft. Michigan led all college programs with 14 players invited to the 2017 NFL Scouting Combine, and that doesn't include two offensive line snubs and possible draft picks: Kyle Kalis and Eric Magnuson. Michigan should at the very least hit double digits with a chance at the record. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com
12/02/16 - 2016 ALL-BIG TEN FOOTBALL FIRST TEAM (COACHES): OT Erik Magnuson, Michigan...Magnuson started all 12 games this season, helping the Wolverines' offensive unit rack up 2,679 yards rushing and 2,593 passing yards. His play allowed for 492 points on the season -- 342 points more than Michigan's opponents. - Michigan Football
12/03/15 - 2015 ALL-BIG TEN THIRD TEAM (COACHES & MEDIA): OT Erik Magnuson, Michigan...Protecting the quarterback, the entire offensive line earned conference recognition, paced by Erik Magnuson's and Kyle Kalis' third-team honors. Each member of the line started all 12 games of the regular season and yielded just 18 sacks on the year, an improvement from allowing 25 a season ago. The Wolverines averaged 387 yards per game, 234.3 through the air and 152.7 on the ground. Of the 45 touchdowns scored by Michigan on the year, 25 came via the ground, with Smith leading the way with six, followed by Rudock and Sione Houma with four and Drake Johnson with three. - Michigan Football
07/30/14 - Other Michigan prospects worth watching: OT Erik Magnuson, RS Sophomore...Michigan's projected starter at left tackle, Magnuson will have the unenviable task of replacing Taylor Lewan, who was an All-American and top-12 NFL Draft pick. All seven of his career starts have come at guard, but he has the skill-set to kick outside and develop as an impact blindside protector. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=124135&draftyear=2017&genpos=OT

As long as at the end of the story "we the people" still have our rights and a young man gets to grow in the big leagues, for not being invited to the combine.. Not bad Jim..

You're the best Wu!

Nothing but love brethren
It'll likely boil down to numbers...I'd say he's probably a good candidate for the PS. Don't be surprised if Lynch signs a vet that gets cut from another team. Zuttah didn't show what they were looking for, so I can also see the need for a young OL who can play multiple positions, so we'll see. Good problem for Shanahan to have...
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Anyone at Camp that can tell me how Eric Magnuson OT/RG from Michigan is performing?

No, but I can tell you about our new gay, female coach. Because that's all the lamestream media seems to be focusing on these days.

Dude. You just made it an issue in a thread that has nothing to do with the subject. You're the reason media companies continue to put out articles like that. They make more money off of the haters than anybody else. If you don't like it, don't click or comment.

You mean, because of my comment, the media is going to cover this issue even MORE?

Hmm, let me chew on that for a moment.

No, I disagree. And there's been more ink on this one coach than Eric Magnuson will ever see, which is sad. Because Magnuson deserves the coverage.

You're the best Wu!

Put a draft scout tag on Wu, and lets donate a 100$ Subway gift card to the man so we can force him to scout all big10 games i mean thats like 15 6$ footlongs, its quite an offer.

Its your job to find scouts for the Pac12,SEC and ACC
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Aug 25, 2017 at 2:48 PM ]

You're the best Wu!

Put a draft scout tag on Wu, and lets donate a 100$ Subway gift card to the man so we can force him to scout all big10 games i mean thats like 15 6$ footlongs, its quite an offer.

No need 💨, I'll help out for free.

(Just take care of me when I go out west for my first game, hopefully soon)
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 26, 2017 at 4:52 AM ]

You're the best Wu!

No need 💨, I'll help out for free.

(Just take care of me when I go out west for my first game, hopefully soon)

Im going to the rams game for the first time at Levis. Roll.
Im going to the rams game for the first time at Levis. Roll.

Soon, I will be able to see the stadium for the first time. It will be the first time on the west coast entirely when I go.

How did he do? I'm still waiting for nflfullhd to upload our game.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 28, 2017 at 9:22 AM ]
I think he's the reason they let Zuttah go, and stayed with Kilgore.
Share 49ersWebzone