There are 305 users in the forums

Eric Magnuson OT/RG from Michigan is no longer a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You beat me to it NY..

[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 24, 2017 at 12:08 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Dude might make it as someone who can play every spot lol

Sucks Jon Toth ended up needing surgery after the draft. I was really excited when I read we signed both Magnuson and Toth. I thought both of them could develop into quality NFL OL.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 24, 2017 at 12:17 PM ]

I'd be surprised if he doesn't make the team. I had him in a couple of my mocks (obviously overdrafted him lol) but I love his versatility

True, NY, but that is quality play we are getting from him, not backup play. He could be a legit candidate to start at C. He won't be versed in calling the blocking plays yet, but talent wise, i really like him. Big Ten standout? You know he's been up against a lot of good talent along the way. You gotta like that.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
True, NY, but that is quality play we are getting from him, not backup play. He could be a legit candidate to start at C. He won't be versed in calling the blocking plays yet, but talent wise, i really like him. Big Ten standout? You know he's been up against a lot of good talent along the way. You gotta like that.

He's getting first team reps at guard I believe...I'm pretty sure Kilgore is out starting center without question. Barnes might be on the bubble now
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

He's getting first team reps at guard I believe...I'm pretty sure Kilgore is out starting center without question. Barnes might be on the bubble now
These are the stories you like to hear. Every coach says the best 11 will play on both sides of the ball. That's just not always true. Status and money still play into the equation alot. However when you see these legit underdog stories of unknowns making a team purely from results and hard work, it always makes for a neat moment.
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
You beat me to it NY..

Figured you'd be all over it
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
These are the stories you like to hear. Every coach says the best 11 will play on both sides of the ball. That's just not always true. Status and money still play into the equation alot. However when you see these legit underdog stories of unknowns making a team purely from results and hard work, it always makes for a neat moment.

Yup love it for yr one of a rebuild...cream will rise and then we can see who's who.

He does lack in length and strength, but sounds like a perfect fit at C/G in zone blocking schemes.

Also not sure if he was a complete unknown (1st team all-big 10), but you'd have to ask Wu, who's our Michigan man lol.

Yup love it for yr one of a rebuild...cream will rise and then we can see who's who.

He does lack in length and strength, but sounds like a perfect fit at C/G in zone blocking schemes.

Also not sure if he was a complete unknown (1st team all-big 10), but you'd have to ask Wu, who's our Michigan man lol.

He had some college accolades. Thats why he's in the NFL, lol. By unknown I just meant undrafted. Guys that are supposed to have very little chance of making an active roster. There's actually several with an opportunity to do it this season. I think it adds legitimacy to a team when the coach says the best 53 will make it then backs that up. So far Shanahan and Lynch seem to be on point with that as much as people have been getting shuffled around during this summer. They seem to be really intent on pushing a competitive atmosphere. I love it.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Aug 24, 2017 at 2:08 PM ]
He had some college accolades. Thats why he's in the NFL, lol. By unknown I just meant undrafted. Guys that are supposed to have very little chance of making an active roster. There's actually several with an opportunity to do it this season. I think it adds legitimacy to a team when the coach says the best 53 will make it then backs that up. So far Shanahan and Lynch seem to be on point with that as much as people have been getting shuffled around during this summer. They seem to be really intent on pushing a competitive atmosphere. I love it.

Totally agree...I could see him sticking as a OG/C backup for this yr possibly making a coupls starts.

The UDFA I see making the 53 roster his yr:

Breida (my UDFA crush lol)
Jerome
Magnuson
And one of boldin/borne
I really liked this guy and regularly picked him up in the 6th and 7th rounds in my simulators. I am rooting for him and would love to see him make the roster. Good ol Viking Stock and being mostly swede I always root for real life Vikings.
[ Edited by WINiner on Aug 24, 2017 at 2:28 PM ]
Joe,Garnett,Kilgore,Fusco,Brown.

Gonna add Zane,Gilliam, Magneson and Barnes. When Garnett comes back im cutting Barnes.

Zane also has the ability to play all 3 spots like Magneson, but because Magneson is young im keeping Gilliam around to handle an injury at RT.

If Joe gets hurt we slide Zane to LT.

So essentially if Zane,Gilliam and Magneson are on the bench.. You have atleast 2 guys that are able to play every position on the OL.

Totally agree...I could see him sticking as a OG/C backup for this yr possibly making a coupls starts.

The UDFA I see making the 53 roster his yr:

Breida (my UDFA crush lol)
Jerome
Magnuson
And one of boldin/borne

Its f**king Bolden*! AND BOURNE. Okay, im done yelling
Share 49ersWebzone