There are 108 users in the forums

Eric Magnuson OT/RG from Michigan is a 49er

I am a self professed draft junkee. I had Eric Magnuson as a late round pick, he was the 12th ranked OT in this draft class and has played RG and RT at Univ of Michigan under Harbaugh. Has anyone seen him in One on One drills has he been getting snaps?? With Garnett going down no articles mention him at all as a possible replacement???
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Curious as well. Anyone see him?
Darrell Williams Jr. seemed to get a run more than this dude (per MB).
i thought he was already released
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ninersnation.com/platform/amp/2017/8/14/16146002/pro-football-focus-team-of-the-week-1-preseason-49ers-matt-breida-kendrick-bourne

Erik Magnuson, OL

"PFF graded Magnuson well in run blocking, with his overall graded was the highest on the 49ers offensive line. The 49ers got big yards from their reserve running backs, and on 13 pass block snaps, Magnuson did not allow a quarterback pressure.

Third and fourth string players can only perform based on what is in front of them. Magnuson in particular is further down the depth chart. He was facing a lower level of competition, but he can only perform based on the opportunity he earns. Given his relatively solid performance, it will be interesting to see if he gets a bump up the offensive line depth chart this week.

Magnuson has gotten praise during camp, but it has not reflected in the depth chart. Now that he has put some good film together, maybe it earns him a camp promotion."
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 14, 2017 at 2:33 PM ]
Rooting for the dude.
Williams and Magnuson BOTH have a real shot to make this team with Garnett going on I.R. to start the season. And I'm happy about that!
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 14, 2017 at 3:20 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Williams and Magnuson BOTH have a real shot to make this team with Garnett going on I.R. to start the season. And I'm happy about that!

Got a day off. Planning on Rewatching the game. Do you wanna try to get a few people and split diagnosing position groups?

Some of the backup OL were plowing holes for Mostert in the 4th Qtr. and he ran well through them - I haven't re-watched but I though both Williams and Magnuson were in there at that time helping create those holes?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

This guy has nice size for a guard. Undrafted too. Unreal how Kyle can make undrafteds look so good.

"I kind of had the idea that they'd think of me as more of an inside player because I lacked the height and length to play tackle at the next level," he said. "But every team I've talked to has said they think of me as both a tackle and a guard, and maybe at center.

"Teams haven't counted me out at tackle, which I was kind of surprised about — but I love playing tackle, and if they think I have a good opportunity to play, I'd love to play it."

As a redshirt freshman in 2013, Magnuson started seven times at guard. He was a stop-gap player, and option at right guard and at left tackle. Soon after, the line stabilized, and he earned a starting role, ending his five-year career with 26 starts at right tackle.

He even played special teams (field goal unit).

He wants scouts to see his versatility. He wants them to recognize his athleticism.

But he'd really like them to focus on his core strength: Effort.

Per feedback received, most have already noticed.

"I think my ability to play consistent from snap 1 until the very end is something that stands out," Magnuson said. "A lot of scouts say that."

https://www.fanragsports.com/cfb/erik-magnuson-creates-magnum-opus-on-pro-day-at-michigan/
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

Some of the backup OL were plowing holes for Mostert in the 4th Qtr. and he ran well through them - I haven't re-watched but I though both Williams and Magnuson were in there at that time helping create those holes?

Yeah, watch the whole 4Q. Left T and G. I was very happy not just with their play but their consistency and fits at those respective positions.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Got a day off. Planning on Rewatching the game. Do you wanna try to get a few people and split diagnosing position groups?

I already rewatched... happy to help.

Hmmm. What area would you like me to focus on/players? Ill piggy back off you.

Hmmm. What area would you like me to focus on/players? Ill piggy back off you.

Start here. Leave off the starters as they only had a handful of snaps and talk about the depth and bubble players.

Offensive Personnel: --- 23
QB: Brian Hoyer; C.J. Beathard
RB: Carlos Hyde; Joe Williams & Matt Breida
OW: *Kyle Juszczyk
TE: Vance McDonald; George Kittle & Logan Paulsen
XWR: Marquise Goodwin; Aldrick Robinson
YWR: Jeremy Kerley; Trent Taylor
ZWR: Pierre Garçon; Victor Bolden
LOT: Joe Staley; Darrell Williams Jr.
LG: Zane Beadles; (Joshua Garnett)
C: Daniel Kilgore; Tim Barnes
RG: Brandon Fusco
ROT: Trenton Brown; Gary Gilliam

*Offensive Weapon (RB/FB/TE/WR)

Defensive Personnel: --- 27
LDE: *Solomon Thomas; Tank Carradine
NT: *Earl Mitchell; D.J. Jones
RDT: *DeForest Buckner; Chris Jones
RDE: *Arik Armstead
LEO/ER: Elvis Dumervil; Aaron Lynch
SAM/ER: Ahmad Brooks; Eli Harold & Dekoda Watson
MIKE: Navarro Bowman; Brock Coyle
WILL: Reuben Foster; Ray-Ray Armstrong (Malcolm Smith)
RCB: Dontae Johnson; Ahkello Witherspoon & Keith Reaser
S/CB: K'Waun Williams; Will Redmond
LCB: Rashard Robinson
FS: Jimmie Ward; Lorenzo Jerome
SS: Eric Reid; Jaquiski Tartt & Don Jones

* Interior Rushers / ER = Edge Rushers

Special Teams: --- 3
LS: Kyle Nelson
PK: Robbie Gould
P: Bradley Pinion

PR/KOR:Victor Bolden & Trent Taylor; Jeremy Kerley
Share 49erswebzone