There are 165 users in the forums

Kendrick Bourne-WR-Now a NE Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
Here's a guy I have to eat some crow on. Yes he has his drops, but he's to keep until his contract runs out. I figured when we were 7 or 8 deep at receiver that he was going to be a guy we cut or traded. If he can hold onto the easy ones he can solidify himself as a quality number 3 receiver in this league.
They should stop throwing him short passes. He obviously is better at longer possession type catches.
He seems to be the 3rd down conversion receiver role. For that he has to be more consistent catching the ball. The role demands more consistency.

Without Taylor, Bourne is the next best guy filling that role. But it demands more catch consistency. He has no problem getting open

He's gotten better, but we need more...
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 12, 2020 at 8:58 AM ]
2 drops both pretty easy catches. 2 awesome catches and the TD reception kinda offsett it but he does need to get more consistent. He runs good routes and gets open.
Bourne being a dumbass posting instagram selfie videos of himself with his phone while driving
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Bourne being a dumbass posting instagram selfie videos of himself with his phone while driving

lol

he's been doing that since college, too.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 7, 2020 at 9:30 AM ]
He's an extremely frustrating player. Reminds me a bit of TO in that he makes the great catch but doesn't make enough of the normal catches. (he's not as good as TO obviously) His awful drops in the Seattle game have really stuck with me. I know I need to let it go....but I really wanted that one. lol
[ Edited by Seansf49 on Feb 7, 2020 at 9:35 AM ]
Kid is out there working his ass off
Originally posted by Seansf49:
He's an extremely frustrating player. Reminds me a bit of TO in that he makes the great catch but doesn't make enough of the normal catches. (he's not as good as TO obviously) His awful drops in the Seattle game have really stuck with me. I know I need to let it go....but I really wanted that one. lol

Funny that his drops stuck with you and not the 2 touchdowns or the few huge 1st downs he picked up in this game.
I am down for locking him down on a cheap 2-3 year deal.

He's probably our best "receiver" aside from Sanders. Before the mob tries to kill me, yes I love Deebo, he's excellent, but he isn't as polished as Bourne. He can run every short to intermediate route effectively and doesn't need to be open to catch the ball. His drops were frustrating, but he redeemed himself following the Seattle game.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
He's probably our best "receiver" aside from Sanders. Before the mob tries to kill me, yes I love Deebo, he's excellent, but he isn't as polished as Bourne. He can run every short to intermediate route effectively and doesn't need to be open to catch the ball. His drops were frustrating, but he redeemed himself following the Seattle game.

"Deebo isn't as polished as Bourne"...

Say what....
It wasn't an accident Deebo put up the numbers he did Vs Bourne. I'd say he's just as "polished.."
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Mar 15, 2020 at 8:01 AM ]
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

"Deebo isn't as polished as Bourne"...

Say what....
It wasn't an accident Deebo put up the numbers he did Vs Bourne. I'd say he's just as "polished.."

Deebo is a more versatile weapon and is obviously more explosive, but Bourne is a better traditional receiver at this point.

I didn't s**t on Deebo, I don't understand why you are annoyed ?
No tender for Bourne and Breida still. Unless an extension is in the works, kind of wondering why we haven't heard anything.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
No tender for Bourne and Breida still. Unless an extension is in the works, kind of wondering why we haven't heard anything.

I'm hoping it's in the works.

Bourne is safe, IMO, Breida not so much, especially w/numerous availability of FA and our own guys - Wilson, McK, Mossert, Coleman
Share 49ersWebzone