There are 292 users in the forums

Kendrick Bourne-WR-Now a NE Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by defenderDX:
lol @ choosing an inconsistent kendrick bourne throughout the years over goodwin

What has Goodwin done in his career? I'll wait.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Clearly it's down to James vs. Matthews now.

The problem is they both would be the 6th WR and the 6th WR is always inactive. Matthews can start for Taylor in the slot while he's out but then will probably be inactive.

James gives you ST value but to keep him active for that, Kyle is going to have to sit one of Goodwin, Hurd, Deebo, Pettis or Taylor and that's not going to happen when all 5 are healthy.
Taylor?? I thought you couldn't make the "Team in the Tub". I havent seen much from Matthews. James brings more value at Special teams. I dont trust Pettis with the Kick off/Punt return Duties.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sanjo49er:

The problem is they both would be the 6th WR and the 6th WR is always inactive. Matthews can start for Taylor in the slot while he's out but then will probably be inactive.

James gives you ST value but to keep him active for that, Kyle is going to have to sit one of Goodwin, Hurd, Deebo, Pettis or Taylor and that's not going to happen when all 5 are healthy.
Taylor?? I thought you couldn't make the "Team in the Tub". I havent seen much from Matthews. James brings more value at Special teams. I dont trust Pettis with the Kick off/Punt return Duties.

Matthews had about 7 to 8 snaps in the first two Preseason games and had two catches for 33 yards last night. Shanahan already has said numerous times that he knows what he has in Matthews which is why other receivers got more snaps.
Originally posted by sacniner:
lol @ choosing an inconsistent kendrick bourne throughout the years over goodwin

1000 yds. in 2017 when he was healthy, 3 100 yd. games in the 5 Jimmy G. played. 4 TDs last year when he wasn't healthy. 17.2 YPC each of the last two years.
Originally posted by RTFirefly:

1000 yds. in 2017 when he was healthy, 3 100 yd. games in the 5 Jimmy G. played. 4 TDs last year when he wasn't healthy. 17.2 YPC each of the last two years.

He didn't have a 1000 yards in 2017
Originally posted by DickNasty:

He didn't have a 1000 yards in 2017.
[ Edited by RTFirefly on Aug 25, 2019 at 3:55 PM ]
Originally posted by DickNasty:

He didn't have a 1000 yards in 2017

Oh sorry. 999. I can't count.

Actually, you're right. He had 1006. For real.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Dont the rams have depth on their o line? How about a trade?

I'm tellin ya dude, call on Tomlin up in Pitt, they got back ups
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
I'm tellin ya dude, call on Tomlin up in Pitt, they got back ups

Different blocking scheme
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FaTaL:
Different blocking scheme

pdizo is a Steeler fan, just joshin with him

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:

True. Personally I'd rather them use james in the slot over Taylor. James just brings so much more in terms big play ability especially on ST

Honestly, that's the key to me. If James can prove himself in the slot, he's got the inside track. From what Kyle said it sounds like he's rotating them there. Matthews was this last game and don't be surprised if James starts there this week.

Oscar/David think it'll end up like this.

Active 1-4 - Goodwin, Deebo, Pettis & Taylor
Active ST 5 - James
Inactive 6 - Hurd

PS: It's hard for me to envision Hurd being inactive at all.

This is a very talented WR corps. I love Hurd's skill set to throw off DC's from teeing off Jimmy or the Run game.

The 4th preseason game is going to be interesting and I have absolutely no clue who is staying and who is going. I know I like Goodwin, Deebo, Pettis and Hurd, for sure, but I really hope they can release/trade BeatHard to gain an extra spot for one of the other talented players, be it WR, or DLine. D.Moore looks really good and I hope we can keep him.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by sanjo49er:

Matthews had about 7 to 8 snaps in the first two Preseason games and had two catches for 33 yards last night. Shanahan already has said numerous times that he knows what he has in Matthews which is why other receivers got more snaps.

Completely understand that one. Now James made it a tougher decision. And that's a good thing. James, Matthews or Bourne. Who's it gonna be.
Bourne looks good out there. I was never a believer because I thought he was not fast enough, but he gets open and catches the ball.

Teams that need depth will luck out because of our situation at rb, wr, and safety.
Seattle will grab him
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Yup. Sucks bc Matthews is a RZ td machine and a sure handed wr as they come. Best or most reliable hands on the team with great size.

LOL

The truth is often funny. He's probably our 5th or 6th best wr but that doesn't negate he catches pretty much everything. Glad you find a sure handed RZ threat funny. I'll be laughing if Shanny keeps him. I wonder if you will laugh then
[ Edited by elguapo on Aug 26, 2019 at 12:27 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone