There are 148 users in the forums

Kendrick Bourne-WR-Now a NE Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Clearly it's down to James vs. Matthews now.

The problem is they both would be the 6th WR and the 6th WR is always inactive. Matthews can start for Taylor in the slot while he's out but then will probably be inactive.

James gives you ST value but to keep him active for that, Kyle is going to have to sit one of Goodwin, Hurd, Deebo, Pettis or Taylor and that's not going to happen when all 5 are healthy.

True. Personally od rsther them use james in the slot over Taylor. James just brings so much more in terms big play ability especially on ST

The problem is they both would be the 6th WR and the 6th WR is always inactive. Matthews can start for Taylor in the slot while he's out but then will probably be inactive.

James gives you ST value but to keep him active for that, Kyle is going to have to sit one of Goodwin, Hurd, Deebo, Pettis or Taylor and that's not going to happen when all 5 are healthy.

True. Personally I'd rather them use james in the slot over Taylor. James just brings so much more in terms big play ability especially on ST
Bourne really plays with fire in his gut.

It will be a tough call on who to let go.

If he has to go - I hope we can trade him to an AFC team.
Originally posted by lamontb:

True. Personally I'd rather them use james in the slot over Taylor. James just brings so much more in terms big play ability especially on ST

Honestly, that's the key to me. If James can prove himself in the slot, he's got the inside track. From what Kyle said it sounds like he's rotating them there. Matthews was this last game and don't be surprised if James starts there this week.

Oscar/David think it'll end up like this.

Active 1-4 - Goodwin, Deebo, Pettis & Taylor
Active ST 5 - James
Inactive 6 - Hurd

PS: It's hard for me to envision Hurd being inactive at all.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 22, 2019 at 9:13 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
HAVE WE NOT SAID BYE BYE YET???
Bourne did pretty good yesterday i think hes the odd man out tho.
[ Edited by 24karat49er on Aug 25, 2019 at 12:05 PM ]
gonna get cut and stay in the NFC West
I like Bourne... since Taylor gets an automatic spot no matter what, at this point, I would like to roll with the following:

1. Deebo
2. Pettis
3. Hurd
4. James
5. Bourne
6. Taylor

Young core, but talented. Bourne adds needed height
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
gonna get cut and stay in the NFC West

Yup az or seattle
Originally posted by Heroism:

Translation: Put in a good word for me, Kupp.

Dont the rams have depth on their o line? How about a trade?

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
I like Bourne... since Taylor gets an automatic spot no matter what, at this point, I would like to roll with the following:

1. Deebo
2. Pettis
3. Hurd
4. James
5. Bourne
6. Taylor

Goodwin >>>>>>>>>> Bourne.

And KB has a half inch to an inch of height on Pettis.
Originally posted by evil:

1. Deebo
2. Pettis
3. Hurd
4. James
5. Bourne
6. Taylor

Pettis is making it simply because of draft status

In my perfect world, Bourne and Goodwin would make it over Trent "Jimmie Ward" Taylor. But Taylor will be anointed a spot no matter what. With that said, a tough cut will need to be made... probably will be Bourne, but I like him. I know I'm in the minority with this take
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:

1. Deebo
2. Pettis
3. Hurd
4. James
5. Bourne
6. Taylor

Pettis is making it simply because of draft status

In my perfect world, Bourne and Goodwin would make it over Trent "Jimmie Ward" Taylor. But Taylor will be anointed a spot no matter what. With that said, a tough cut will need to be made... probably will be Bourne, but I like him. I know I'm in the minority with this take

Might be Bourne and Matthews. Could open season with 5 (Goodwin, Pettis, Samuel, Deebo, Hurd) while Taylor is on the mend.

If we keep a 6th, said receiver may be in jeopardy of losing his spot to TT when he returns.

You may not be as high on TT as others, but I think he is a valuable 3rd down receiver.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Dont the rams have depth on their o line? How about a trade?

The rams don't have depth on their OL they're playing a bunch of mid rd guys from a yr ago. Our OL is actually better than there's at this pt
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Damn not a lot of vote of confidence from Shanahan.
Share 49ersWebzone