LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Kendrick Bourne-WR-Now a NE Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
Man Bourne has some great flashes and then also has horrible drops. Just wish he was more consistent.
Bournes the odd man out. Its between James and Matthews. James had a good game he got lucky on that near fumble. Matthews only got one target but it was a chain moving first down. Im disappointed in Bourne.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
One thing he has been consistent at is that he stayed healthy...the way bodies drop, that might be his ticket to the roster. Let's see what happens in the next few weeks...still a battle between him, James and Mathews.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Heroism:
I don't see how they keep 7, especially with only 5 being active on game days. That's bad roster management. I don't think it's that imperative. We're overvaluing our own guys a little bit.

I admire Bourne's rise from a UDFA, but they drafted two WRs that should be able to do everything he does and more.

I'm so sorry, Bourne.

Cut
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Man Bourne has some great flashes and then also has horrible drops. Just wish he was more consistent.
Agreed. Consistency is his problem.
Originally posted by 24karat49er:
Bournes the odd man out. Its between James and Matthews. James had a good game he got lucky on that near fumble. Matthews only got one target but it was a chain moving first down. Im disappointed in Bourne.

Both should make it now with Taylor's injury.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Seven receivers? I have Goodwin, Pettis, Samuel, and Taylor (now starting the year on PUP) as the locks. After that, James, Hurd, Matthews, and Bourne. I'm thinking this, surely we can flip whoever is last at WR and DL for a position we are weaker at. However, someone did bring up a good point about Bourne. He does stay healthy.
Considering our desperate need for OL help, would not be shocked if he or James got traded for one.

Matthews is nothing special but he's always in the right places and he catches everything and a veteran for a young WR core. He's got a legit shot to make the originally 53.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Seven receivers? I have Goodwin, Pettis, Samuel, and Taylor (now starting the year on PUP) as the locks. After that, James, Hurd, Matthews, and Bourne. I'm thinking this, surely we can flip whoever is last at WR and DL for a position we are weaker at. However, someone did bring up a good point about Bourne. He does stay healthy.

6. Taylor to start the year on PUP.

XWR: Deebo Samuel; Marquise Goodwin
SWR: Jordan Matthews; Richie James
ZWR: Dante Pettis; Jalen Hurd
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Taylor, even with the news of his surgery, is as close tp a lock to make the team as there is at the receiver position. There is no way he gets cut. though he may end up on PUP to start the season. In which case James can keep his seat warn until he gets back

What does Taylor do better than James?
6. Taylor to start the year on PUP.

XWR: Deebo Samuel; Marquise Goodwin
SWR: Jordan Matthews; Richie James
ZWR: Dante Pettis; Jalen Hurd

We only need five WRs active on gameday. Bye bye Matthews. Rest of the list is solid
Still have no clue why you guys overrate the hell out of Taylor. He's always hurt. Looked like s**t last year. Struggles to get open, isn't as fast or quick as James, and had bad hands last year. What is the deal?
Originally posted by sacniner:
What does Taylor do better than James?

Catch every 3rd down conversion
Share 49ersWebzone