LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

Kendrick Bourne-WR-Now a NE Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
Goodwin is the only guy right now that opposing DB's will loosen their coverage on as to not get beat over the top. This as everyone knows opens up inside passing zones. I don't think James, Deebo or Pettis can do this but they will be the benefactor from Goodwin.

Going into the year, I thought Taylor could lose a roster spot. I have changed my mind. He is earning the confidence from Coaches and QB's. However, the back injury worries me that it can get tweaked easily enough.

I think Hurd will be the impetus of who makes the 53. It's possible he is getting trained to be an H-Back having worked in the slot and by his own admission, learning the FB position as well. If he balls out the rest of the pre-season, It's possible he makes game day 46 as one of 6 WR's instead of 5 while carrying only 3 RB's. He can be used for goal line RB.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Pettis, Deebo, Goodwin, Bourne, and Richie James

PS: Hurd

lol There is no way they are keeping 2 PS squad guys over a 3rd round pick.
we tend to overvalue " our guys' to much.. james and maybe bourne and even goodwin if he is not careful would go before hurd in my opinion.. if we do. well. that is on kyle and lynch for drafting a terrible guy at three

Reign had no clue Hurd existed before the draft. He needs to earn his spot. We'll see how this plays out.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Trent Taylor needs to go? By most reports, he's been the most impressive WR in camp. He's a lock.

He couldn't get open last year. Had some key drops. Isn't fast. Isn't big. We have some competition this year. I've seen him get locked down in camp by a backup linebacker.

But it's not last year anymore.

Taylor has a lot to prove. He had a couple of good games due to Kyle's scheming his rookie year and the Zone went bananas. He was awful last year, and as harsh as it is, injuries are no excuse in the NFL. Everyone is hurt.

They drafted James for a reason. And two WRs this year. Taylor is on the chopping block. You guys overrate the hell out of Taylor
i always said. goodwin is one hit away from being a potato and i question his commitment..to me.. if our two rookies and mathews made the roster and we dumped three guys from last year. no matter who they are. that would be fine with me

Goodwin has world class speed. He's a keeper.

Truth!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i always said. goodwin is one hit away from being a potato and i question his commitment..to me.. if our two rookies and mathews made the roster and we dumped three guys from last year. no matter who they are. that would be fine with me

Goodwin has world class speed. He's a keeper.

lets see what he does in pre season. he has been underwhelming to me plus as i said. i question his durability and his dedication to the game given his blather about the olympics
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Taylor has a lot to prove. He had a couple of good games due to Kyle's scheming his rookie year and the Zone went bananas. He was awful last year, and as harsh as it is, injuries are no excuse in the NFL. Everyone is hurt.

They drafted James for a reason. And two WRs this year. Taylor is on the chopping block. You guys overrate the hell out of Taylor

fans here do over rated our players. even after last year. many said. we are fine at wide out with jimmy back and whatever else....then they see as kyle brought in three new guys. there was a reason he did that. not to mention a bunch of new tight end guys
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
I don't see how they keep 7, especially with only 5 being active on game days. That's bad roster management. I don't think it's that imperative. We're overvaluing our own guys a little bit.

I admire Bourne's rise from a UDFA, but they drafted two WRs that should be able to do everything he does and more.

"Should be able to" are they tho? Are they over shadowing anyone in camp?

If these two young studs are already capable of doing and already doing what Mathews and Bourne are doing then coaches will notice and probably get rid of both JM and KB...they should right?

Well, maybe the rookies are being a little overvalued (still early)...maybe not...we'll see in preseason.
First Maiocco calling out Pettis and now Barrows blasting Bourne? I'm liking this raw honesty.

cut.

Mullens took a hit and threw a dime and he dropped it.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Aug 10, 2019 at 7:44 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
First Maiocco calling out Pettis and now Barrows blasting Bourne? I'm liking this raw honesty.

damn.

If Matt keeps this up, I might actually subscribe to the Athletic.

Chop block?

How about a C**k block

You aint no Matt Damon
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by NCommand:

damn.

If Matt keeps this up, I might actually subscribe to the Athletic.

For real. Those two don't normal go there. My ears perked up.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I don't see how they keep 7, especially with only 5 being active on game days. That's bad roster management. I don't think it's that imperative. We're overvaluing our own guys a little bit.

I admire Bourne's rise from a UDFA, but they drafted two WRs that should be able to do everything he does and more.

I'm so sorry, Bourne.
Sigh. Maybe the praise on Bourne is coach speak after all to hype for a trade?
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Trent Taylor needs to go? By most reports, he's been the most impressive WR in camp. He's a lock.

He couldn't get open last year. Had some key drops. Isn't fast. Isn't big. We have some competition this year. I've seen him get locked down in camp by a backup linebacker.

But it's not last year anymore.

Taylor, even with the news of his surgery, is as close tp a lock to make the team as there is at the receiver position. There is no way he gets cut. though he may end up on PUP to start the season. In which case James can keep his seat warn until he gets back
Share 49ersWebzone