There are 215 users in the forums

Kendrick Bourne-WR-Now a NE Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Balls.

I never questioned his physical abilities. Shown some flashes that first year. Was waiting for him to breakout last year. Didn't happen. I think the mental side held him back. Needs to be more focused. Still think he's capable of being very good once he aligned mentally.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Kendrick Bourne has emerged early in training camp, per CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco.
https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/kendrick-bourne-performing-well-under-pressure/655742

I am beginning to think this guy makes the team again.
Originally posted by Giedi:
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Kendrick Bourne has emerged early in training camp, per CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco.
https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/kendrick-bourne-performing-well-under-pressure/655742

He has game experience and 2 years of Kyle's offense under his belt on his side. He has the physical talent also. Seemed a bit slower in developing. The competition in this year's camp put him mentally on all gas. Better get with it. And he seemed to be doing all he can. Good to see.

Let's go KB
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 5, 2019 at 6:57 AM ]

personally I didn't think he was really not gonna make the team... Hopefully James makes it over Matthews, I'm fine with 7 WRs to start off the yr.

Pettis
Debbo
Taylor
James
Bourne
Goodwin
Hurd

It's between him and Matthews I would think
Originally posted by NYniner85:
personally I didn't think he was really not gonna make the team... Hopefully James makes it over Matthews, I'm fine with 7 WRs to start off the yr.

Pettis
Debbo
Taylor
James
Bourne
Goodwin
Hurd

I really like James but it's going to be super tough for him to make it. I don't think we carry 7 WR's either.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

Pettis
Debbo
Taylor
James
Bourne
Goodwin
Hurd

I really like James but it's going to be super tough for him to make it. I don't think we carry 7 WR's either.

I was thinking the same thing with the depth at other positions I dont know how we keep 7 WRs
[ Edited by Ohio49ersfan on Aug 5, 2019 at 9:53 AM ]
Bourne >> Mathews
I really thought Bourne would be the odd man out this year. But with the really good camp he's having it looks like he's in
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I really thought Bourne would be the odd man out this year. But with the really good camp he's having it looks like he's in

Looks really polished and explosive on the couple of camp vids.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
JG (not Mully or CJ) gonna be throwing to him...that's the (big) difference. He'll look much better this year.

If track record stays on track, he'll more than likely be the only one who stays on the field for most of the season or the entire season.

Pettis
Debbo
Taylor
James
Bourne
Goodwin
Hurd

I think they will keep 7 and possibly have 6 on game days if Hurd is one of the game day players. Best set of red zone WR's would be Pettis, Deebo, Bourne & Hurd in a 4 WR set knowing Hurd can shift to RB if defense dictates it.
I don't see how they keep 7, especially with only 5 being active on game days. That's bad roster management. I don't think it's that imperative. We're overvaluing our own guys a little bit.

I admire Bourne's rise from a UDFA, but they drafted two WRs that should be able to do everything he does and more.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Heroism:
I don't see how they keep 7, especially with only 5 being active on game days. That's bad roster management. I don't think it's that imperative. We're overvaluing our own guys a little bit.

I admire Bourne's rise from a UDFA, but they drafted two WRs that should be able to do everything he does and more.

Agree. It's hard for me to see 7 WRs on the 53. Not when they have 4 RBs that could deserve to be on the 53 (Coleman, Breida, Jet, Mostert; five if we count Juice). That's just too many skill position players. Out of Bourne, James, and Matthews, two of them won't make it. Just my pre-preseason prediction.

If they keep 7, three won't dress on gameday? That seems like a wasted roster spot that can be used for depth elsewhere.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Heroism:

Agree. It's hard for me to see 7 WRs on the 53. Not when they have 4 RBs that could deserve to be on the 53 (Coleman, Breida, Jet, Mostert; five if we count Juice). That's just too many skill position players. Out of Bourne, James, and Matthews, two of them won't make it. Just my pre-preseason prediction.

If they keep 7, three won't dress on gameday? That seems like a wasted roster spot that can be used for depth elsewhere.

I think they would only keep 7 if they could put 6 on game day. For instance if McKinnon for some reason starts the season on IR, they could carry only 3 RB's on game day.
[ Edited by 60sFan on Aug 5, 2019 at 1:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone