There are 222 users in the forums

Kendrick Bourne-WR-Now a NE Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Ladies and gentleman, our leading wide receiver.

Lol......

Its sad thats it come to this.

I like him and all, as a depth option. The dude will probably be crucified this year just like Cassius Marsh. We will probably be looking at receiver again in next years draft
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Ladies and gentleman, our leading wide receiver.

Lol......

Its sad thats it come to this.

I like him and all, as a depth option. The dude will probably be crucified this year just like Cassius Marsh. We will probably be looking at receiver again in next years draft
its odd that there are several fans who are saying our new wide out guy mathews does not have a chance to make the roster as he at least has a history of doing well in the red zone while this guy.
Originally posted by cciowa:
its odd that there are several fans who are saying our new wide out guy mathews does not have a chance to make the roster as he at least has a history of doing well in the red zone while this guy.

I am on record saying Matthews will probably not make it. Shanahan does not value red zone ability that much since he is stubborn. He's only signed here because Miles Austin vouched for him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I am on record saying Matthews will probably not make it. Shanahan does not value red zone ability that much since he is stubborn. He's only signed here because Miles Austin vouched for him.

then kyle is dumb in that regards

Matthews has 6 tds total his last 3 seasons combined.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:

Matthews has 6 tds total his last 3 seasons combined.
we can not get much worse than what we are in the red zone. i think we will or should get another big kid like butler in the second round. our little brittle guys are not nfl sustainable in my opinion,. and you know teams will figure out if they take away our tight end. thats it
we can not get much worse than what we are in the red zone. i think we will or should get another big kid like butler in the second round. our little brittle guys are not nfl sustainable in my opinion,. and you know teams will figure out if they take away our tight end. thats it

Pettis is a monster against man coverage, so is Trent if he comes back the way he was in 2017. Those guys are extremely hard to take care of, but i do agree with you on our WR core, we need to add a big guy in the 2nd. We need more talent at the WR position.
[ Edited by 49erJay on Mar 29, 2019 at 10:28 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erJay:

Pettis is a monster against man coverage, so is Trent if he comes back the way he was in 2017. Those guys are extremely hard to take care of, but i do agree with you on our WR core, we need to add a big guy in the 2nd. We need more talent at the WR position.

i am not as down as some are on pettis.. trent is a mystery to me. part of me says his back is the reason he regressed. part of me says the nfl figured him out.. more than ok in giving him another shot this year
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erJay:

i am not as down as some are on pettis.. trent is a mystery to me. part of me says his back is the reason he regressed. part of me says the nfl figured him out.. more than ok in giving him another shot this year

Agree, and also factor in the QB injuries and the backup QB's ability to throw to him. We'll see how he does once Jimmy comes back from injury.

It's not his hands, it's his feet. Dude, stop tripp'n and RAC.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
I feel like Bourne is a classic high effort, mediocre NFL talent type of guy. Type of guy that's the leading receiver on a bad team one year... and on the roster bubble the next. He'll work his ass off in camp and preseason. I really don't have a preference whether he beats out Matthews. Or you never know, perhaps James beats them both out. I'm of the opinion Taylor is pretty safe. I think it's Bourne, Matthews or James for that 6th spot.
Originally posted by 91til:
I feel like Bourne is a classic high effort, mediocre NFL talent type of guy. Type of guy that's the leading receiver on a bad team one year... and on the roster bubble the next. He'll work his ass off in camp and preseason. I really don't have a preference whether he beats out Matthews. Or you never know, perhaps James beats them both out. I'm of the opinion Taylor is pretty safe. I think it's Bourne, Matthews or James for that 6th spot.

Arnaz Battle?
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 91til:

Arnaz Battle?

Yeah I can see that with the build, toughness, mediocre speed. I kinda feel like Battle was better but it's hard to say with the dearth of talent on those Niner teams Battle played on.
I was actually thinking more of Quinton Patton. Not in terms of build or play style but they're both energetic, high effort, occasional flashes but eventually you realize they're just not that good. Who knows though. Bourne seems like a hard worker. Maybe he keeps getting better. Maybe the roster battle with Matthews/James brings out another level for him.
[ Edited by 91til on Jul 6, 2019 at 12:58 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I say he needs to start scanning which team would he'd like to play for.. it ain't gonna be the 9ers...

oh wait, he'll have a job waiting for him in Seattle.
Share 49ersWebzone