There are 255 users in the forums

Kendrick Bourne-WR-Now a NE Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Wonder if there's s chance that Bourne makes Garcon expendable.

At practice today... Bourne made a sick catch down the sideline

That would certainly be a bit of surprise. He counts for $9.25M this year. If cut, we'd owe him $6.725M and save just $2.525M.

It would be a way to get Bourne FT reps and keep Richie James (Slot WR) and Aaron Burbridge (ST/Slot WR).
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 27, 2018 at 7:55 PM ]

minimal. But the fact there is any chance shows how impressive of a find he is. I think he was mostly under the radar cause he was across from cooper kupp.
This kid is a player.

Maybe next year
Originally posted by gold49digger:

minimal. But the fact there is any chance shows how impressive of a find he is. I think he was mostly under the radar cause he was across from cooper kupp.

You nailed it!
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
This kid is a player.

Truth

He and Breida are my break-out players.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Maybe next year

Agree, I'd wait one more year to get Bourne some more seasoning. In his rookie year Bourne had 16 receptions, 257 yards, and an average of 16.1 yards per catch - that's pretty impressive for an undrafted. It might just make Garcon expendable next year if we make it to the playoffs and have a glut of WR's heading into next year. I'd love to get a low round draft pick for Garcon next year if Bourne really shines this year.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Maybe next year

Agree, I'd wait one more year to get Bourne some more seasoning. In his rookie year Bourne had 16 receptions, 257 yards, and an average of 16.1 yards per catch - that's pretty impressive for an undrafted. It might just make Garcon expendable next year if we make it to the playoffs and have a glut of WR's heading into next year. I'd love to get a low round draft pick for Garcon next year if Bourne really shines this year.

Agree

However, "IF" Garcon has a resurgence like ABodin had w/us I'd be happy if he stayed.
I am telling everyone by years end our starting WR's are gonna be Bourne & Goodwin & if Taylor doesn't heal up quick its gonna be Pettis as our slot guy

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I am telling everyone by years end our starting WR's are gonna be Bourne & Goodwin & if Taylor doesn't heal up quick its gonna be Pettis as our slot guy

It wouldn't surprise me if they kept Taylor on the IR for the time being to make room for some of the newer WR's to make it onto the 53. Richie James and Steven Dunbar, I think, have a shot at making the 53 this year and with Garcon hitting 32 around next year, they might need some youth at that position next year.
It wouldn't surprise me if they kept Taylor on the IR for the time being to make room for some of the newer WR's to make it onto the 53. Richie James and Steven Dunbar, I think, have a shot at making the 53 this year and with Garcon hitting 32 around next year, they might need some youth at that position next year.

Its hard to imagine putting the best option to extend a drive in clutch situations on IR just to keep an UDFA or 7th rounder. Can't see JG agreeing with the move too, Trent is his safety net.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Jul 29, 2018 at 3:34 PM ]
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

Its hard to imagine putting the best option to extend a drive in clutch situations on IR just to keep an UDFA or 7th rounder. Can't see JG agreeing with the move too, Trent is his safety net.

I tend to agree w/you Rick

Great problem to have.

This. Taylor will be back as soon as he is healthy.

I think in the end you'll see Garcon, Goodwin, Taylor, Pettis, Bourne and James as the WRs.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This. Taylor will be back as soon as he is healthy.

I think in the end you'll see Garcon, Goodwin, Taylor, Pettis, Bourne and James.

1. Garcon
  2. Goodwin
  3. Taylor
  4. Pettis
  5. Bourne
  6. Probably James, will be a battle.
Share 49ersWebzone