Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
What's the asterisk for?

There's risk of contamination when reading his e-coli filled "articles"

I thought the name would be alarming enough
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
the slot, how's the slot?
i vote for grant cohn to suffer the same fate as the widely-hated, incompetent kawakami
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
I think Barrows has really been incredible for a lot of years now and am a bit disappointed he doesn't get more recognition. If you guys recall, he and Maiocco both wrote for smaller publications a few years ago before Maiocco moved onto CSN and blew up, but Barrows, in my opinion, has been consistently better for years.

Plenty of others (Grant specifically) go with really "grabby headlines" but content-wise, Barrows takes the cake - he's got a really strong understanding of the game and tends to actually make really good predictions. He's also hilarious in his live Q&A sessions.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by A-R-S:
I think Barrows has really been incredible for a lot of years now and am a bit disappointed he doesn't get more recognition. If you guys recall, he and Maiocco both wrote for smaller publications a few years ago before Maiocco moved onto CSN and blew up, but Barrows, in my opinion, has been consistently better for years.

Plenty of others (Grant specifically) go with really "grabby headlines" but content-wise, Barrows takes the cake - he's got a really strong understanding of the game and tends to actually make really good predictions. He's also hilarious in his live Q&A sessions.

FWIW The Sacramento Bee is not a "smaller publication".
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by vermonator:
Matt Maiocco: "Kilgore's strong play prompts 49ers to release Zuttah"

Matt Burrows: "Two days before their preseason opener the 49ers went through a pad-less, hit-less practice"

Eric Branch: "49ers' practices more hard-hitting under Kyle Shanahan"

*Cohn: "49ers practice like losers before their first preseason game"

Wow, Cohn really sets himself apart doesn't he? It's like he's watching a different team then the other beat writers.

What's the asterisk for?

Because Grant is special
[ Edited by vermonator on Aug 10, 2017 at 11:41 AM ]

Wow, Cohn really sets himself apart doesn't he? It's like he's watching a different team then the other beat writers.

Well after actually reading what he wrote, I can't exactly disagree with anything that he said there though.

edit: Actually I take it back. I disagree with Grant when he says that this wasn't a physical camp. I believe it has been a physical camp. However, I do agree with Cohn when he says that Kyle should have yelled at the o-line after multiple false start penalties. Those are inexcusable.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Aug 10, 2017 at 11:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

Well after actually reading what he wrote, I can't exactly disagree with anything that he said there though.

edit: Actually I take it back. I disagree with Grant when he says that this wasn't a physical camp. I believe it has been a physical camp. However, I do agree with Cohn when he says that Kyle should have yelled at the o-line after multiple false start penalties. Those are inexcusable.

I don't disagree with everything he wrote, I disagree in the way he writes. Rule number 1 when critiquing; start out with something positive about what your critiquing, then let 'em have it. The rule is in place so the writer doesn't sound like he's bias, or has any kind of didactic agenda. For lack of a better term, it's just good manners. Starting out with a title that in so many words calls the whole team a bunch of losers breaks that rule. He brings all this on himself. He went to college, he knows the rule, so who's telling him to do the wrong thing? Dad, bad morals, bad intentions? Other than Cohn Sr., Ann Killian and Tim Kawakami, Grant is the only one writing with a hard on for the asinine. Yeah, sometimes he's right on, but the rest is just bad ju-ju...... That's me, feel free to make up your own minds.
Borrows stepping up his tech game.

[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 10, 2017 at 12:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Borrows stepping up his tech game.

Good stuff, thanks!
Maybe not the best audio, but I'll give him props for his delivery

Chris Biderman the new Matt Barrows.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Chris Biderman the new Matt Barrows.

Awesome. Was concerned about when MB left.
Well without Cohn everything would sound basically the same.
Share 49ersWebzone