There are 152 users in the forums

UDFA Matt Breida RB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by 49ers90sBaby:
Ladies and Gentleman , that is why they signed Tevin Coleman. So to say he is better than Coleman is questionable when Coleman can do both

It's one play. He's also had some good runs. Was a tough catch as Jimmy threw it behind him. Dude is a baller

Yea, agree. That was a horrible post. Coleman can't even stay healthy and Breida is eating up yards.
It's one play. He's also had some good runs. Was a tough catch as Jimmy threw it behind him. Dude is a baller

Shanahan values pass catching backs tremendously, brieda has not shown he can do it consistently.And i said questionable, did not say he was.

Shanahan values pass catching backs tremendously, brieda has not shown he can do it consistently.And i said questionable, did not say he was.

Guess the same could be said for Mostert. So why are they both in this roster?
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Guess the same could be said for Mostert. So why are they both in this roster?

Because Mostert is a back up to coleman and brieda ??
Loved the signing at the time. Love it even more now. Can't believe he wasn't drafted. He could start for just about any team and should be the anointed starter for us, as he finally is. They're using him judiciously, which is smart, considering they have very capable backups, to keep him fresh. Frankly, it's looking like they really didn't need the Coleman and Mckinnon signings. Coulda saved the dough for Breida's new contract.

Didn't Breida make some nice catches for us last year? And wasn't it mentioned last year or before that..that he was our best route runner from the RB position.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 23, 2019 at 2:47 PM ]
  • dj43
From NFL.com, linked on the home page, it needs to be preserved here.

"The third-year 49ers running back has been a staple in this offense since he signed with the team as an undrafted free agent. Breida is an RB1-caliber player, (emphasis mine) but John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan keep signing guys to play ahead of him -- first Jerick McKinnon in 2018, then Tevin Coleman this past offseason -- but Breida continues to produce when he gets his opportunities. Averaging 5.0 yards per carry for his career, Breida is also an asset in the pass game and a perfect fit for Shanahan's offense. Even if Coleman returns soon from the ankle injury he suffered in Week 1, Breida has earned a fair share of the carries."

He was doing something similar last season, only on one leg much of the time.

[ Edited by dj43 on Sep 25, 2019 at 3:29 PM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Number 2... Pfffft.

Dude is a top back overall, not just the 2's!!
  • dj43
Originally posted by Chief:
Number 2... Pfffft.

He is also ranked 12 overall in the same article. Scroll down.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001058807/article/rb-index-week-4-chiefs-lesean-mccoy-among-best-rb2s
Number 2... Pfffft.

Originally posted by insanemike27:
Number 2... Pfffft.

Agreed. Kid is my favorite of our backs and I really like all of them
  • titan
  • Veteran
I love how our overall team is being built. It's a solid foundation with next man up mentality. We definitely can improve in some positions, but I'm happy overall.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
IF we continue to run the ball the way we've been doing, we will be hard to beat.

as overall team team.
Breida is a real keeper.

Even if Coleman returns, I very confident that Breida will be a major contributor.
Breida's speed is definitely a reason our running game has been so well. Sometimes it looks like our run play is gonna be 1-2 yards or a loss and his speed just makes up for it and turning it up for 5-10 yard gains.
Share 49ersWebzone